Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to Create a Custom Effect for Audiobus in Audulus

This is an Audulus in-app tutorial that shows you how to make your own custom effect for use with Audiobus. The effect I created is a modulating filtering stereo delay I call The 11th Dimension Delay. Inside the patch is a node-by-node description of how the module was created.

You can listen to a sample of it modulating a simple 808 Kick-Snare part on Soundcloud:

To download the tutorial, sign up for the Audulus forum and go here:
http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/1041/custom-effect-tutorial-the-11th-dimension-delay#Item_1

Don't have Audulus? You can download a free demo for computer at www.audulus.com . We don't have a demo for the iOS store because the App Store doesn't allow demos. I recorded the sound sample in Ableton Live using Audulus as an effect.

If you have any questions, let me know, I'll be happy to answer them. If you have a custom effect in mind that you want to create, let me know what it is and I can help you get started creating it in Audulus.

Comments

• If you have an interest in learning how to use a very flexible and powerful modular synth on iOS but are concerned you won't get the support you need, check out Audulus. @Audulus_Mark and the users on the Audulus forum will help you with your questions in addition to the many tutorial videos. Plus the same patches (provided they don't require too much of your device's CPU) can run on Wndows, OSX, and Linux versions of Audulus.

• Thanks @InfoCheck you're right! There are other modular synth apps available, but none as powerful, flexible, and affordable as Audulus.