Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Favorite iPad "substitute" for Omnisphere-ish (worship/ambient) pad creation?

I'd love to know your thoughts. Thanks!

Comments

• I think Possibly Synthmaster might have some lush pads. I haven't gone through that section in depth yet

• +1 Mitosynth

• +3 Mitosynth

• The spectrasonic omnisphere vst you mean ? If that s the question i would say TF7 (expanded algorithmes) ,poseidon, magellan (with IAP expansions) but hard to compared with a 60 gb vst synth ...

• Thor is amazing. If you're interested I've made a few dozen pads: a shimmer, airy, dark, moving, bright etc. I run them through AUM and use a reverb and crystalline with a LPF.
    I also have mitosynth. If anyone has more pad presets I'd love more!

• Mitosynth

• Would be great to try out your pads patches.... Thnks!

@ion677 said:
    Thor is amazing. If you're interested I've made a few dozen pads: a shimmer, airy, dark, moving, bright etc. I run them through AUM and use a reverb and crystalline with a LPF.
    I also have mitosynth. If anyone has more pad presets I'd love more!

• Alchemy is nice!

• Is Alchemy still in the App Store? I thought it had been pulled?

• Would of course previously have said Alchemy, but now Synthmaster and / or Mitosynth and Nave as has been said by others. Would also include Addictive, TERA and Cube Synth for specific sounds too.

• edited June 2016

There's lots of pad making possible among iOS synths, above listed and I'd add Animoog, Crystal, and per @MusicInclusive any Virsyn, given the MSEGs contained in all (Crystal is likewise endowed)

Mitosynth is the one that can most closely do what (the newest) Omni does, in that one can load user WAV as fodder for pads and textures (multiple samples per patch, with a quantum kind of MSEG possible using the "gridcøre" functionality)...search these threads for magnificent pads made by our members @Cinebient, @Sinapsya for the great Mitosynth. The same devs older Grainsynth expands on the granular synthesis that the latest Omni can do, and that Mitosynth touches on, with deep granular control using up to 2 user WAVs at once. Have fun, play loud.

• Okay here's 14 pads patches for thor. Let me know what you guys think!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r9w6f68kr5t1k5z/AABORDi_ffgCIEPKPXfyojj0a?dl=0

• Addictive makes weird ambiance and is easy to use!

• @ion677 I was wondering, do you have sound samples of the pads you posted in dropbox? I haven't purchased Thor yet but my only use for a synth would be for soft pads to use at church and I would love to listen before I buy. Your presets might be just what I'm looking for.

• edited June 2016
  • Another synth that I just downloaded is ns1. You can run multiple instances of it to get a very layered sound.

• wimwim
    edited June 2016

Long time ago I used to use Crystal a lot on the PC. Not only was it free, but perfect for pads. I was happily surprised to find that it's made its way to iOS as Crystal Synth XT.

It was great on the PC. Gonna check it out on iOS for old time's sake this weekend I think. $4.99.

• @wim said:
    Long time ago I used to use Crystal a lot on the PC. Not only was it free, but perfect for pads. I was happily surprised to find that it's made its way to iOS as Crystal Synth XT.

It was great on the PC. Gonna check it out on iOS for old time's sake this weekend I think. $4.99.

+1 I think you're going to be pleased, the GUI is opened up nicely on iPad, you can craft patches in iPad and ship to iPhone version, and it's a pad monster like you remember. CPU intensive on older devices but well worth it

• Hi! I know this thread is a few years old but Worship Pads Pro is a killer pads app for soft atmospheric pads!
    Here’s a link:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/worship-pads-pro/id1586199401

• Any tips on how to open these Thor patches? I got them on my iPad Dropbox, it can’t figure out what to do from there.

@ion677 said:
    Okay here's 14 pads patches for thor. Let me know what you guys think!

• @joegrant413 said:
    Any tips on how to open these Thor patches? I got them on my iPad Dropbox, it can’t figure out what to do from there.

@ion677 said:

i think you may be out of luck, þór ís not part of fíle system or open in, maybe iMazing (the laptop soft). (Thor, sorry just trying out my Icelandic keyboard)

• @Littlewoodg said:

@wim said:

+1 I think you're going to be pleased, the GUI is opened up nicely on iPad, you can craft patches in iPad and ship to iPhone version, and it's a pad monster like you remember. CPU intensive on older devices but well worth it

STILL a fun thing to play around with....

• Yeah, I missed the chance to get Thor. But what I did was I used my computer (or friend's computer), got Reason compact from my phone, got Reason 10 lite, and I was able to open all the Thor patches (since it comes with Thor).

From there, you can sample the sounds you like using something like Koala or Audiolayer, or Beatmaker 3, or Nanostudio 2. Even GarageBand simple sampler is sometimes useful if I have a single sound from the keyboard.

Hope this helps. Here's a video I did discussing my favorite sampling apps on iOS and Android.

@joegrant413 said:

Any tips on how to open these Thor patches? I got them on my iPad Dropbox, it can’t figure out what to do from there.

@ion677 said:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@wim said:

so true this.
    getting the fun into my DAWs of choice has proved challenging

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@wim said:

so true this.

KOALA!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@wim said:

so true this.

KOALA!

Thank you. Henceforth, I will be doing Ketamine on the changing station.