Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RipCord USB to 9v /12v /18v Power Cable KickStarter ( Jun 5 deadline ) : Funded !

I have no affiliation other than backing . Seems a great idea , a USB cable that boosts USB power to 9v .
Power 9v devices from your phone , or battery pack. Could have many uses for mobile folks . Check it out , act soon , needs support . €12 + shipping .

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48955335/ripcord-the-plug-n-play-anywhere-usb-power-cable

Comments

• rcfrcf
    edited May 2016

It is a good idea but you can already buy similar 5V usb step-up cables on Amazon Uk. I just bought a usb to 9V centre neg one for powering effects pedals; it supplies 0.7A at 9V. They also do usb 5V to 6V, 7.5V, 12V and 18V...and a 9V centre pos also. Works great for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-voltage-converter-cable-negative/dp/B011LO5KJE

• @rcf I didnt know about the Amazon sales , turns out it's the same company , so I just emailed a question about this , which they've replied to publicly on their Kickstarter:

"Creator Paula O'Connor and Luke Brennan about 1 hour ago
    Hi There
    I had this question from one of our backers, thought it might help everyone to have the answer open to everyone:

Wally Blo says:
    HI , I was happy to help fund this great idea via KickStarter, I've since discovered you are already selling cables on Amazon ( at a lower price ) . Please can you explain what differences there are with KickStarter project & already selling product .Your advertising did not make this clear that a product was already available .
    having recommended this project on a couple of muso forums I feel somewhat silly being told it's already on Amazon.

Hi Wally
    Luke here. Yes, we do have our 'small batch' version of the cable available through our site and on Amazon.
    We are very clear that we have a working version of the cable in the campaign page. You are kinda done if you do and done if you don't with this one. If we hadn't made a cable, people would say that we hadn't tested it.
    The 'small batch' cable is made of PVC, while Ripcord has a durable ABS shell. As well as the look and feel of it, the electronics have been evolved. The new cable is smaller, lighter, and has more power (9V 1A, as opposed to 9V 0.7A), which greatly increases the number of devices it can be used with.
    We wouldn't knock the 'small batch' cable at all, we think it's functionally solid. We also refer to it as the IBM thinkpad version of the cable, while Ripcord is the MacBook Air.
    Of course both are computers, you can browse the web on both. The more you know, the more discerning you can be. I hope I've helped to inform you of the differences.
    Luke "

• No affiliation here but have tested the functionality of some of the cables for them (on the Novation Circuit and microKorg). Can attest that the original cables work but the form factor, build quality and functionality of the new cables means they are well worth a punt in my opnion (love the loop idea to manage cable lengths).

Not backed mind you as I already have all the USB cables I need!

• rcfrcf
    edited May 2016

Thanks; that's good to know. Sounds like the Kickstarter cable is a little more refined and has a higher available output current. My Amazon version works perfectly. I also have a 9V Mooer rechargeable power bank made specifically for effects pedals. The usb step-up lead does allow more flexibility though; I can use much higher capacity usb power banks, or even smaller lower capacity ones for portability. I've slso used a Dimension Engineering Anyvolt 3 boost converter for battery powering various synths, mainly my DSI Mopho which requires about 13.5V.

• Further postings :
    Wally Blo
    Thanks for quick response to my question . After further research myself, I think you forgot to also mention the tip adapter set as an additional bonus to the KickStarter campaign , as Amazon PVC small batch have single fixed tips . Is this correct ? Hope the project is a success .

Creator Paula O'Connor and Luke Brennan about 7 hours ago
    Hi Wally
    Yes, you are correct, Ripcord does come with tip set, while PVC version comes with fixed tip.
    One further difference and a reason you find us on kickstarter is that tooling for a PVC version would be approx $1,000 (so wouldn't really need a campaign). Ripcord, on the other hand, has a number of injection molded pieces. This tooling is expensive, approx $20,000.
    Thanks again for your kind wishes and support.
    Luke

• I've been using the original version of these cables on my volcas, they work well. But I can see the new version the design has been much improved. the original versions are fatter and not easy to use together on ports which are stacked together vertically for example. So definitely interested in getting some of these.

• That's a truly useful tool.

• Very happy with my original 0.7A version. Just backed the Kickstarter campaign because the Ripcord seems like a much more refined version with more available current, better cable and extra tips etc. Hope they reach their Kickstarter target.

• Ripcord is DC voltage only.

• edited May 2016

12v & 18v DC added to KickStarter options !
    I'm waiting to hear amps info .
    Really hoping this helps them reach their target , all help needed for final push .

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48955335/ripcord-the-plug-n-play-anywhere-usb-power-cable/posts/1587188

Confession : to hedge my bets I ordered a previous 9v PVC version from Amazon,
    arrived in 2 days & working perfectly .

• last 67 hours for deadline & they need a final push , if you were thinking about this now is the time .

new models added 18V - 0.5A, 12V - 0.75A both 9w output .

• 50 hours to go @€2000 needed .

( edited title : wrong deadline ..oops)

• I have pledged for 2 cables. I also have the older version which works a treat so I wanted to get a couple more anyway! I really hope they reach the target.

• They made it :)

• Yeah its done, great

• title updated to "Funded" . Great news .
    Still 40 hours for those interested to order a now certain product .
    Congrats to MyVolts & all backers .

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019

I got mine a few weeks ago finally after 3 years, hah. But they are great! So, I ordered some more and those came in no time. Perfect for desktop synths like Minitaur, Blofeld, and TG33. The 18v one with polarity inverter works with my MK1 Komplete Kontrol which requires a power source.

• edited May 2019

@nondes said:
    I got mine a few weeks ago finally after 3 years, hah. But they are great! So, I ordered some more and those came in no time. Perfect for desktop synths like Minitaur, Blofeld, and TG33. The 18v one with polarity inverter works with my MK1 Komplete Kontrol which requires a power source.

You are using with Minitaur? Sirin is the one Im considering for this. They should be the same

Are you using these with a usb hub?
    If yes, any issue of how much power total the hub would need for this for a few things. Having a really hard time finding the total power specs on usb hubs. Have a lot of experience on this with guitar pedal power supplies and they usually have all the details easily.

• @Multicellular Yeah I used 12v cable with the Minitaur which should be the same for Sirin. Looks like all Moog devices use 12v even Grandmother and Matriarch though those might use more watts.

I have a few old cheap USB hubs around but I'm not sure if they'll support having enough power to support multiple devices. Right now, I've been using one device at a time, so I need to do more testing.

I might get a USB hub that supports 60w like Anker or Sabrent so nothing is being underpowered. Another option is the Apanage one (think that is 40w) that some others recommended in the USB hub thread.

• @nondes said:
    @Multicellular Yeah I used 12v cable with the Minitaur which should be the same for Sirin. Looks like all Moog devices use 12v even Grandmother and Matriarch though those might use more watts.

I have a few old cheap USB hubs around but I'm not sure if they'll support having enough power to support multiple devices. Right now, I've been using one device at a time, so I need to do more testing.

I might get a USB hub that supports 60w like Anker or Sabrent so nothing is being underpowered. Another option is the Apanage one (think that is 40w) that some others recommended in the USB hub thread.

Thanks. I think ill buy regardless, because, with my mobile setup, even replacing the fatty Sirin power supply with a smaller single usb plug will be helpful for space.