Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SKRAM --- updaaaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeee !

Comments

• Relegated to my ' wish I hadn't bothered ' folder lol

• edited June 2016

Bear with us people, we're working on this non-stop. In addition to new features, we've also been very busy with a rabbit hole of bugs and improvements that were needed under the hood. The app is sounding good, looking good, and we really can't wait to share the update with you all.

Thanks, and we love you.

• good to hear @liine_nick

keep it rolling, don't skram

• good to hear, i'm being patient. :)

• take your time and make it right!

• I really wish they'd just add AB or IAA support instead of keeping us waiting weeks / months and trying to do everything at once .

I just want basic functionality to be added , it's taking too long and I've completely lost faith in this app .

• I love lamp

• Oh and I love liine too! Thanks guys, here's to hoping the best for skram!

• Woof or whimper, can't wait to see....

• @Johnba said:
    Too tempting...

At this point notice of a Skram update gets an Audiobus Forum spit-take from me so.. well played. :)

• I appreciate that you guys are working hard on new features but it would be better to release a bunch of small updates than one big one, it keeps your app visible and I'd rather be using an available feature sonner rather than later.

• @Judochopjames It's just not that simple when it comes to coding, especially when you're trying to do things in a new way. They seem to be thinking long term, and have a lot of things to balance (ease of use, expandability, ever-changing iOS demands) and I'd rather they didn't just slap something on there right now. It's still early days, and once you add a feature, changing it down the road to fit into a better long-term solution becomes a huge hassle for the users and developers alike. Guitarism comes to mind. Once they get it all figured out, I'm sure the updates will flow in at the proper rate.

• To be fair that's speculative on your part. We know they've had link working for a while now, they previewed it in a video a while back. If they had link working I'd prefer it if they updated it with link support when they had working so I could've been using the feature this whole time. I get what you're saying though, sometimes new features create new problems but I think it's as much about the way a developer prioritizes as anything else.

@aaronpc said:
    @Judochopjames It's just not that simple when it comes to coding, especially when you're trying to do things in a new way. They seem to be thinking long term, and have a lot of things to balance (ease of use, expandability, ever-changing iOS demands) and I'd rather they didn't just slap something on there right now. It's still early days, and once you add a feature, changing it down the road to fit into a better long-term solution becomes a huge hassle for the users and developers alike. Guitarism comes to mind. Once they get it all figured out, I'm sure the updates will flow in at the proper rate.

• @Judochopjames Speculation abounds. The ease with which an app without MIDI support can suddenly support Link is one example. I know what you mean, though. I'm just not sure that incremental updates are possible in this case.

• @Judochopjames said:
    To be fair that's speculative on your part. We know they've had link working for a while now, they previewed it in a video a while back. If they had link working I'd prefer it if they updated it with link support when they had working so I could've been using the feature this whole time. I get what you're saying though, sometimes new features create new problems but I think it's as much about the way a developer prioritizes as anything else.

@aaronpc said:
    @Judochopjames It's just not that simple when it comes to coding, especially when you're trying to do things in a new way. They seem to be thinking long term, and have a lot of things to balance (ease of use, expandability, ever-changing iOS demands) and I'd rather they didn't just slap something on there right now. It's still early days, and once you add a feature, changing it down the road to fit into a better long-term solution becomes a huge hassle for the users and developers alike. Guitarism comes to mind. Once they get it all figured out, I'm sure the updates will flow in at the proper rate.

To be fair it is also speculative of you to say 'it would be better to release a bunch of small updates'.

As a game dev I know that four smaller updates trickled out can easily take twice as long as one big update of the same size.

• As much as i want to see this update, i prefer to see a big update and also a update with developers putting the features that users requesting.

• @AudioGus said:

@Judochopjames said:
    To be fair that's speculative on your part. We know they've had link working for a while now, they previewed it in a video a while back. If they had link working I'd prefer it if they updated it with link support when they had working so I could've been using the feature this whole time. I get what you're saying though, sometimes new features create new problems but I think it's as much about the way a developer prioritizes as anything else.

@aaronpc said:

To be fair it is also speculative of you to say 'it would be better to release a bunch of small updates'.

As a game dev I know that four smaller updates trickled out can easily take twice as long as one big update of the same size.

It's not speculative to express a preference on how one would prefer to see updates handled, but I get what you're saying. It would be correct to phrase it as it's speculative to say it's "easier" to release a bunch of small updates, but I never said it wasn't.

I wasn't speculating they had link working, they showed it working in a video, and what I said was if its working, as in ready to roll out, I'd prefer (personal preference) that it's released when it's working. Obviously I don't want them to release broken updates.

• edited June 2016

I am speculating that it will happen in the way that these things will and then all will be well in the garden.

• He has spoken. Abide.

• I am looking forward to this.
    Very much so.

• Ahh, iOS consumers. We can't help but be impulsive and demanding of instant gratification.. It's in our nature.

• Yeah listen to us on an AUDIOBUS USERS FORUM banging on about not being able to connect a music app we've bought to other apps . We should be partying like it's 2012

• Oh well...

• I bet this SKRAM update will arrive April 1st

• What year? Lol :p

• ...waiting....waiting...wtf ? Come on Liine...get your finger out of your ass. 3 months for an update (maybe!). Ridiculous time frame you're following guys.