Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anything as good as Patterning on iPhone?

Patterning is my go to app for beats, just wondering if there's anything that can compare to it on iPhone, not necessarily concerned about the circular input aspect, just feature wise.

Comments

• edited May 2016

Finger beats (closest app) can do a lot of the things Pattern can do. Also the drums in Caustic ,Nanostudio and Beatmaker can all load user samples so along with the effects can do most of the tricks of Pattern except the probability. For probability you can try Robodrum but it does not play or load samples, drum synth only. Other drum synths of note are Seekbeats , Elastic drums, ielectribe. Theres also the app Beat-Machine which is ok but it can load samples and runs on the iPhone.

• triqtraq ?

• Hmmm. Thanks for the reply, but it seems like none of these quite hit the spot. Elastic drums might work if it had the ability to load user samples. User samples is a must, the other things I probably most value patterning for are the ability to build up full tracks with it's song mode, the ability to change kits on the fly, link support, it's ability to easily switch to triplet patterns and it's audiobus remote triggers. Right now the closest I can get is iMaschine 2.

• This one seems worth trying, even if it can't fully replace patterning it looks like something I need in my life. Thanks!

@fjcblanco said:
    triqtraq ?

• triq traq is really really good!

• @wellingtonCres said:
    triq traq is really really good!

And some apps are just more plain fun than others. Triq Traq's definitely one of those....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@wellingtonCres said:

And some apps are just more plain fun than others. Triq Traq's definitely one of those....

Triqtraq was one of the first apps I bought. Was really impressed with it, and even more so now that I've been through so many more now for comparison. I keep forgetting about that app until I see it mentioned again and remember what a great job the dev did with that one. Very intuitive. Fun. Universal. Inexpensive. Light weight. Lots of variety and control possible. Create your own samples, etc.

If there was an audio app "Hall of Fame" I would guess TriqTraq would rest cozily between Bebot and Thumbjam.

• Drum Jam. But it's completely different. But amazing.

• keep eyes out for Elastic, it's getting sample import very soon,

• Funny, but I've been refraining from asking "Anything like Fugue Machine on an iPhone?", and instead just playing with @Alexandernaut's Arpeggionome.

• Robotic drums has probability per hit, and send midi out, there's no velocity on the other hand, it is still one of my favorite on iPhone

• Loopseque Mini by Casual Underground
    https://appsto.re/gb/M8qny.i

• @skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@wellingtonCres said:

Triqtraq was one of the first apps I bought. Was really impressed with it, and even more so now that I've been through so many more now for comparison. I keep forgetting about that app until I see it mentioned again and remember what a great job the dev did with that one. Very intuitive. Fun. Universal. Inexpensive. Light weight. Lots of variety and control possible. Create your own samples, etc.

If there was an audio app "Hall of Fame" I would guess TriqTraq would rest cozily between Bebot and Thumbjam.

Triggler

and

Triq Traq

Only thing is that Triq is a little fussy with what file types I can get in it.

I use Funbox and load them up with samples and think these are two fine instruments.

I just wish Triq had landscape mode and MIDI.

Otherwise, cool as shit.

• edited June 2016

Dot melody. Not the same as Patterning but some of the same fun. Made by the same guy.

• YES there is something as good as Patterning on the iPhone! It's called patterning for iPhone! :) http://patterning-for-iphone.app