Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Feature request : lock audiobus on live set !

edited May 2016 in Feature Wishlists

Hello,

While I've loaded everything properly into AB, I would like to have a lock feature.
This could prevent a bad swipe left that result to create a new preset...
During a live, you're a swipe away from killing everything !!!
It could be a lock on top right (after the file icon) that you could just lock/unlock by clicking on it.
By default it would be unlock (normal usage) but in live, you might want to lock it...

Hope this is clear and useful for all :)
Thanks !

Comments

• Good idea

• That's what a solid use case looks like. I don't play live anymore but I felt that fear! +1

• Never accidently closed a route but had a few near misses.

+1

• Good idea - though for me, once Audiobus is set up, I have no reason to keep it open during a live gig.

• Let's say you're preparing a live set, you go back often to AB to open synths to prepare your patches, you might doing the mistake.
    Also, imagine more during the live : a synth crash, you nervously goes to AB to open it again, but still in error, (argh, pressure +2)so you go back on home screen, kill properly the app, goes back to AB, then for no reason (pressure +3, 10 people in the room eyes on you waiting for the bass) ...swipe left : no sounds. :blush:
    Then you burn your Ipad, but nobody thinks your Jimi Hendrix :D

• @rad3d said:
    Good idea - though for me, once Audiobus is set up, I have no reason to keep it open during a live gig.

I only scroll through presets so little chance of a swipe accident, but I'd love to leave it completely in the background by moving through presets via MIDI.

• I did it again...No saving of the current AUM (with all pans, filters, midi assigned...), didn't saved the current AB patch I was working on...
    Blocs wave crash and some other plugins also...
    Everything taking ages to reload (it took almost 3 very long minutes, imagine in live...)

Just because of a swipe left... :neutral: