Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ThumbJam sample recording

Is there any way to record samples directly into ThumbJam via IAA or Audiobus? I don't see that TJ can act as an output in AB...

Or is it just easier to record samples in AudioShare and then import into TJ?

Comments

• Hmm, it should show up for the AB Output slot. You can either record loops into it, or if creating a new instrument record samples into it. You can import them as well, of course.

• @sonosaurus said:
    Hmm, it should show up for the AB Output slot. You can either record loops into it, or if creating a new instrument record samples into it. You can import them as well, of course.

This is something I've never experimented with TJ for. Has there ever been an app that has so much stuff in it but doesn't at the same time feel intimidating to use? Great stuff. Must have a fiddle about.

• @sonosaurus said:
    Hmm, it should show up for the AB Output slot. You can either record loops into it, or if creating a new instrument record samples into it. You can import them as well, of course.

So strange. Yesterday, TJ and several other apps that I normally see in AB output options were not there. Today, they are back. I can't explain it.

Two days ago, MiMix was completely unresponsive even after fresh install and reboot. An hour later, working again even though nothing had changed.

Gremlins...

• ... it won't show up, if you don't start up (look again now).