Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep kaoss xy pads (Example: Turnado)

A well known fact about modstep are its xy pads. However I found that if pointed to an app via an armed midi track, you can drive any parameter you like in kaosspad style live already, because of the midi thru connection being active (of course you can also record and automate.)
You just need to midi-learn or be informed about the corresponding cc´s, so for example in SugarBytes' Turnado, activating virtual midi source and destination, having a modstep track sending and/or receiving to/from Turnado with cc´s1-8 (from the manual), see https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytb4hkvgltpwxp2/Sb Turnado XY Pads.mtt?dl=0 and Thumbjam and Modstep as inputs, Turnado as effect in audiobus, and the system´s ready for kaossilation (;

Comments

• By 2025 there will be XY pads on everything, Everything.

• I had a duh moment in MS where I wondered why only one of the xy pad controlled values was changing while moving the xy pads. Then I remembered the Mod All button which when disactivated isolates all but one cc controller for easy cc learning. But remember to reactivate it or you will be wondering why only one of your xy controllers is working! Pic of button