Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 App Released

Comments

• @Audiohub said:
    Nice to see that you're here! Much appreciated!

I just went and fired up the hardware Modular, and you are indeed correct!
    Somehow I was sure that that input had a much wider range, but in reality, mine can only be pushed about 1 1/3 octaves before it rails out. The AC modulate on the app doesnt seem to go any further, although since it's AC coupled that makes it harder to tell if you use the envelope generator (it won't stay at pitch as the cap simulation blocks DC).

Thanks for double-checking, we just took a look at the electronic specifications of the 921B and in fact the AC modulate input also has the -1V +1V limit. Like you said, it's harder to notice by ear since the input signal is rolled off below 5Hz in order to eliminate the DC offset.

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@Carnbot said:

Thanks for Model 15, the more I get into it the more I appreciate the depth of sound you have created. I lose hours to this each time I go near it :)

That's wonderful to hear, thanks a lot for the kind words! :-)

iCloud preset sharing would be great and also for sharing cc maps across devices.

By swiping left on a CC map in the list you can share, rename and delete them.

I did get a crash last night whilst using in AUM. I can send a crash log if it would be useful?

We have automatic crash log collection and have already submitted an update with the top ones fixed, thanks for the offer. FYI, there is a more general IAA oddity: when using multiple IAA instruments or effects from the same application in a host, and ejecting one, crashes are likely to occur either in the host or in the client application. We're working with Apple in order to improve this scenario.

Thanks and great to hear you are working with Apple.
    If you could convince them to put IAA state saving in iOS 10 that would be amazing ;)

• The fact that Moog are working with Apple to improve IAA has got me convinced I should buy this app today. (Also, the sheer quality & reliability of Animoog over the years is a contributing factor).

My big concern with iOS music apps is that lack of interest from both developers & consumers will send a message to Apple that it's not that important. Don't want them to make my devices & apps obsolete in any hurry!

• @Carnbot said:

Thanks for Model 15, the more I get into it the more I appreciate the depth of sound you have created. I lose hours to this each time I go near it :)

+1 , my new ' go to ' synth :))

• @skiphunt said:

@Dham said:

@skiphunt said:

That dude does the best reviews. Really breaks it down to a point where I can get to the gist of it and make an informed buying decision without succumbing to all the user hype that sometimes borders on rapturous spiritual epiphany. ;) I mean, come on... it's just a high quality modular synth, not the dawn of the age of Aquarius or anything.

The review helped clarify for me that I don't need this app... but, I definitely want this app. And, I can likely use the "learning tool" angle for some kind of internal justification. :)

Will likely be one of those splurge purchases when I get a little extra dough I wasn't expecting, or forego some show I might've gone to see for likely more money anyway.

I'd grab it now, but I'm planning on traveling soon and wouldn't take my iPad on a backpacking trip. My iPhone is only a 5 so I wouldn't be able to play with it anyway. Though, if I did take my iPad... laying in the woods in a hammock, or alone under a mesquite tree in the Mexican desert... chewing on a little peyote, and tweaking some M15 knobs and cables... sounds kind of mind-expandingly awesome.

Dude, why are you making this seem like a major life decision? Either you get it or you don't. All of this psychological posturing, wrangling, "internal justification", etc. is really not necessary. You mock the "hype" of others who saw fit to buy the product and are enjoying it yet seem to have some sort of weird infatuated jealousy. Just say no.

"Dude", just complimenting musicappblog for a great review that actually sorted it all out for me instead of having to cut through the cloud of other's enthusiasm. Not a life decision at all. If I had the same enthusiasm as other's here, I simply would have bought it. I don't need to forego my mortgage for buy a $30 app, thankfully. :) For me, it's not essential right now. Cool app. A little pricey, but likely worth it. It's just now I know the heavens likely won't open up and bath me in sonic Moog joy. It's a cool looking synth for sure, and I'll likely treat myself to it at some point. But for now I'm going to pass. That's no slam on you or anyone else who's enraptured with this app. To each their own.

I'm glad that so many are getting so much joy from this app. I was hoping maybe I'd feel the same way and could enjoy the same level of joy, but it's not that big a deal to me. Maybe because I don't have the legacy context of Moog hardware as a reference. To me it's just a cool app that looks like it was very well produced and makes great sound. Possibly a good training tool. That's about it.

I don't have any more questions about this app. Read some reviews, and listened to the soundtest room. Unless I have a specific question about this app if I decide to get it, I'll pop in and see if anyone can answer. Otherwise, I won't trouble you with my current lack of enthusiasm. ;)

Fair enough. This group is probably the most knowledgeable IOS music group in the world. They are also some of the most discriminating buyers. When they get excited about an app. it is for a very good reason:)

• edited May 2016

Pata pata patapon.....pon..pon...

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@soundklinik said:
    @MoogMusicInc .....thank you for such fantastic app. A question, do you plan or consider to make a 4 track player/recorder like Animoog has? The one in Animoog is just great...and it's already built...
    Even IAP? For those that want it?
    Thank you
    PS and add IAA in Animoog <3 ?

We're constantly evaluating how to improve our applications though we don't disclose what future plans are, sorry.

That's all I wanted to hear, it was only to bring it to your attention...and believe me I wasn't expecting a commitment...
    Thanks for replying :)

• @MoogMusicInc You know we are relying on you and Moog in general to lead the push with Apple as regards taking this sweaty underclass of 'serious even if many of us are amateurs' iOS musicians seriously as a growing consumer group (trying to think in their language here :)). The quality, development and commercial uptake of this product will hopefully help to get their attention at least somewhat, as well as nudging one or two other would-be leaders to keep up their development efforts.

In other, more selfish, news: I think a lot of us would like to see an emulation/extension of the Animoog 4-track here...

• edited May 2016

@soundklinik said:

@yoyo said:
    Fsck these two guys polluting a thread on a forum dedicated to iOS must making apps.
    Pretty needless.

^^^YES, I find them really irritating too, always the same 2 a-holes, butting in and polluting threads with dribble about apps they don't even own...

Sad, what could be an in depth discussion about an incredible app that we OWNERS are excited about turns into pages of trolling spam...

Doesn't show much respect for the developers either....

I don't get this. I never criticized pricing. I never said anything negative about the app, only asked questions because I was in initially interested in buying and I want to ask those more informed than me about the app so that I could decide if it was for me or not.

I poked a little fun at some of the over-the-top enthusiasm, and then I apologized after a few of you got your panties all kinked.

So, because I've decided this isn't an app I don't necessarily have to immediately own and am not ready to drink the cool-aid just yet, a few of you cats start name-calling? Seriously?

There are some awesome people on the site who've been kind to me while I learn more about iOS sound creation.

However, some of you need a reality check. These are iPad apps. Often created for profit. Fun for sure and can be great tools for music and sound design. That's it. That's all they are.

They aren't a valid reason to engage in insults toward fellow fans of the iOS music medium.

• @skiphunt said:

@soundklinik said:

@yoyo said:
    Fsck these two guys polluting a thread on a forum dedicated to iOS must making apps.
    Pretty needless.

^^^YES, I find them really irritating too, always the same 2 a-holes, butting in and polluting threads with dribble about apps they don't even own...

Sad, what could be an in depth discussion about an incredible app that we OWNERS are excited about turns into pages of trolling spam...

Doesn't show much respect for the developers either....

I don't get this. I never criticized pricing. I never said anything negative about the app, only asked questions because I was in initially interested in buying and I want to ask those more informed than me about the app so that I could decide if it was for me or not.

I poked a little fun at some of the over-the-top enthusiasm, and then I apologized after a few of you got your panties all kinked.

So, because I've decided this isn't an app I don't necessarily have to immediately own and am not ready to drink the cool-aid just yet, a few of you cats start name-calling? Seriously?

There are some awesome people on the site who've been kind to me while I learn more about iOS sound creation.

However, some of you need a reality check. These are iPad apps. Often created for profit. Fun for sure and can be great tools for music and sound design. That's it. That's all they are.

They aren't a valid reason to engage in insults toward fellow fans of the iOS music medium.

>

oh! dear! you are so twisty loving! Jizzing sextoy, kinky orgy ... all sort of...

stop it, please! save it to buy M15!

• edited May 2016

@MoogMusicInc Hi, I'm interested in buying Moog 15 and have a question specifically about the app's function. I don't know much at all about modular synthesis OR Moogs for that matter. I'm a complete novice so please excuse my ignorance with this question.

In the demos, the incredible sounds made with the Moog 15, sound like they are several sounds playing at once coming from different modules. Almost like a mini-orchestra of separate instruments.

Are these sounds coming from separate modules or all the all blended together to be played as one cacauphony of sound? Could you route each of those interesting sounds separately via multiple midi channels to something like Xynthesizr and have each different module's sound playing as a separate instance on different channels? I'm probably not describing that very well.

How about this.. similar when you load up an AU such as the Viking Synth in AUM into separate channels, and each has it's own preset or custom tweaking... so that ultimately you're playing a dozen different sounding Viking synths all from different channels, or channels that could each be routed somewhere else? That still likely isn't clear, but maybe you'll get what I'm try to ask.

Thanks in advance. I'm more of a visual person by nature and I'm very fascinated by your app's beautiful interface alone. :)

• Anyone with a iPad Air have the Model 15 and running it fine? I want to take the plunge but not if my iPad is gonna choke on it.

• No problem on air-1 and 2, so far only as standalones...only observation is shorter battery time running M-15...but absolutely no glitches in sound

@Holiday said:
    Anyone with a iPad Air have the Model 15 and running it fine? I want to take the plunge but not if my iPad is gonna choke on it.

• @soundklinik said:
    No problem on air-1 and 2, so far only as standalones...only observation is shorter battery time running M-15...but absolutely no glitches in sound

@Holiday said:
    Anyone with a iPad Air have the Model 15 and running it fine? I want to take the plunge but not if my iPad is gonna choke on it.

Thanks! So running it with an FX on Audiobus or a sequencer might max out the iPad?

• Working fine on Air 1 for me (but I'm not over-egging the pudding etc).

• @skiphunt said:
    @MoogMusicInc Hi, I'm interested in buying Moog 15 and have a question specifically about the app's function. I don't know much at all about modular synthesis OR Moogs for that matter. I'm a complete novice so please excuse my ignorance with this question.

In the demos, the incredible sounds made with the Moog 15, sound like they are several sounds playing at once coming from different modules. Almost like a mini-orchestra of separate instruments.

Are these sounds coming from separate modules or all the all blended together to be played as one cacauphony of sound? Could you route each of those interesting sounds separately via multiple midi channels to something like Xynthesizr and have each different module's sound playing as a separate instance on different channels? I'm probably not describing that very well.

This depends on the path, there are many sound sources and they can all be tweaked create different audible timbres that blend together indeed. MIDI channels are not able to carry sound, so you'd not be able to transfer audio through those. However, using the AudioBridge it's possible to use IAA to send and receive multiple channels of audio between Model 15 and other iOS applications.

How about this.. similar when you load up an AU such as the Viking Synth in AUM into separate channels, and each has it's own preset or custom tweaking... so that ultimately you're playing a dozen different sounding Viking synths all from different channels, or channels that could each be routed somewhere else? That still likely isn't clear, but maybe you'll get what I'm try to ask.

Model 15 can't run as an AU, so there can be only one instance of the synthesizer running on an iOS device. You'd use that one instance to create the sound you want.

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@skiphunt said:

This depends on the path, there are many sound sources and they can all be tweaked create different audible timbres that blend together indeed. MIDI channels are not able to carry sound, so you'd not be able to transfer audio through those. However, using the AudioBridge it's possible to use IAA to send and receive multiple channels of audio between Model 15 and other iOS applications.

Model 15 can't run as an AU, so there can be only one instance of the synthesizer running on an iOS device. You'd use that one instance to create the sound you want.

Yes, I know it's not an AU. I was only using that to kind of illustrate the scenario.

I think the first part of your answer is what I was looking for.

Basically, do you strictly use the multiple modules to craft only one final sound that can be played & recorded, or can you also route the individual multiple sound modules into separate channels going elsewhere? From the first part of your reply, I'd say the latter?

Thanks for the info :)

• @skiphunt said:
    Basically, do you strictly use the multiple modules to craft only one final sound that can be played & recorded, or can you also route the individual multiple sound modules into separate channels going elsewhere? From the first part of your reply, I'd say the latter?

You can do both, the AudioBridge allows you to use multiple channels going elsewhere or coming from elsewhere. It's a modular, so flexibility is key! :-)

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@skiphunt said:

You can do both, the AudioBridge allows you to use multiple channels going elsewhere or coming from elsewhere. It's a modular, so flexibility is key! :-)

Oh wow.. that's cool. I was wondering if that was the case. That's a different kettle of fish then. So, you could craft yourself 4 different-sounding synth patches, and then route each of those separately to each of the 4 playheads in Fugue Machine then. Hmmm... this just got a lot more interesting to me. Thank you very much for the clarification.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Short instrumental. Some patches from 15 fiddled with. Drums from here and there and drumjam. Other samples from the aquarium of course :). Will no doubt delete it in sunlight.

Probably not very well recorded/mixed (which is where the less talented of us do a disservice to the developers). Turned my passing poor mood into something silly. Always best to get converted, whatever brand of God you fancy...

This is good. Btw. Workflow please? App's used? I'd be most interested.

Thanks Matt. SImple actually. Started out in 15 ended in Auria. Made a couple of different washes to suggest threatening clouds etc. started out with a little melody from a 15 patch and then recorded a bunch of little squeaks and squeals into AS as standalone sounds. From memory Pacific Flycatcher etc. Took an old drum loop, added some drumjam. Found some samples of whales, dolphins and an angry cow (standing in for sea lions) and then took it all into Auria and started softly and developed from there, adding effects like condiments etc. Sometimes doing something on the fly seems to be the best option....

• edited May 2016

@skiphunt said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

@skiphunt said:

Oh wow.. that's cool. I was wondering if that was the case. That's a different kettle of fish then. So, you could craft yourself 4 different-sounding synth patches, and then route each of those separately to each of the 4 playheads in Fugue Machine then. Hmmm... this just got a lot more interesting to me. Thank you very much for the clarification.

I think the 4 note polyphony will only work with the same patch, so not as you describe, but could be wrong. Details from the Dev on link below at 12:43

• AAAAH! Finally went to buy it and the App Store came up with a "Model 15 is not available to purchase at this time" message box :\ This is the UK store. Any ideas why @MoogMusicInc ?

• An update just recently appeared...perhaps related.

• @Cliffy said:
    An update just recently appeared...perhaps related.

Thanks for the heads up. And...wow! a freaking update already! thank you @MoogMusicInc

• @Holiday said:

@soundklinik said:
    No problem on air-1 and 2, so far only as standalones...only observation is shorter battery time running M-15...but absolutely no glitches in sound

@Holiday said:

Thanks! So running it with an FX on Audiobus or a sequencer might max out the iPad?

A little crackly on Air 1 9.3.1
    Hoping this update fixes it.

• @Cliffy said:

Perhaps. Bought it now. Had a little play. I'm not one for hyperbole (indeed I do find moving around the modules - even on a 12.9" screen as it isn't full screen like some suggested - a bit fiddly), but the tonal quality is superb.

I struggle to think of a VST/AU with this much low end and creaminess, let alone anything on iOS. Even prefer it to my old Slim Phatty.

And it sits at around 20% CPU usage in AUM on my iPad Pro, so it should be comfortable with a few other apps running ;)

• @Holiday

On Air 1, I ran it through AUM with the Blamsoft OD, chorus, resampler, and reverb AUs on and it did fine. Around 50% average, no glitches

• iPad Air 1, studiomux into ableton on krk rockets, this app is simply the best sounding iOS app I have ever heard, essential purchase, incredible design, do not procrastinate

• edited May 2016

@sleepless said:

@Cliffy said:

Perhaps. Bought it now. Had a little play. I'm not one for hyperbole (indeed I do find moving around the modules - even on a 12.9" screen as it isn't full screen like some suggested - a bit fiddly), but the tonal quality is superb.

I struggle to think of a VST/AU with this much low end and creaminess, let alone anything on iOS. Even prefer it to my old Slim Phatty.

And it sits at around 20% CPU usage in AUM on my iPad Pro, so it should be comfortable with a few other apps running ;)

I've got the side bar flipped over to the left side even though I'm not left handed allowing me to scroll with left and control knobs n' cables with the right. I find it works much better for me. (not sure if that would be a help for you). I find the scrolling around is a bit sensitive when zoomed in a bit. Not sure if this can be tweaked so it moves at a slightly slower rate as zooming size increases.

Anyway, nice update. Seems to have improved performance a bit on my mini2 (no problems yet)

Anyone can explain the disadvantages of having "Minimal iOS Signal Processing" enabled?

• @MoogMusicInc any plans or is it possible to add swing to the arp?