Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 App Released

Comments

• Anyone using it on an iPad Pro? I'm interested to see how much CPU it consumes and I just noticed that - in the Sonic Talk - discussion, there was mention of it utilising the entire screen (all the moving about between modules is one of the things holding me back from purchasing).

• @sleepless said:
    Anyone using it on an iPad Pro? I'm interested to see how much CPU it consumes and I just noticed that - in the Sonic Talk - discussion, there was mention of it utilising the entire screen (all the moving about between modules is one of the things holding me back from purchasing).

It utilises the entire screen on a 9.7 iPad too, just smaller in scale - quite usable though.

• @Fitz said:
    When I try with Noise on my iPad (big pro), the yellow circles stay the same.

I don't know what the yellow circles are so i definitely need to try it myself :smile: If they are able to deliver velocity via 3D touch...great.There seems to be some roli magic involved then.I've seen a developer here (maybe it was secret base design but i can't remember exactly)who said it doesn't make sense to implement velocity via 3D touch because of the nature that you have to hold/push the screen a little to activate this effect.Probably apple changed/improved it on the 6s?

• I remember Sonosaurus talking about it once, I think, and he said something about needing a first none effective touch, then it works, which made it difficult to use musically. It was just the Noise thing that made me hope it was possible.

• @Fitz said:
    I had this idea (ideal) that I could use the 6s version to play the iPad Model 15 using Bluetooth....

Wondering the same. I see M15 has the BT option built in. I just need to find something that will send midi over BT on my phone to test it. Does anyone know if there's a listing of MoBT enabled apps anywhere?

• I find scrolling around nice and easy when zoomed in if you use the bar on the right hand side, so you don't have to touch the modules to scroll.

@sleepless said:

Anyone using it on an iPad Pro? I'm interested to see how much CPU it consumes and I just noticed that - in the Sonic Talk - discussion, there was mention of it utilising the entire screen (all the moving about between modules is one of the things holding me back from purchasing).

• @gonekrazy3000 : you can find it in the model 15 manual!

• edited May 2016

@Carnbot said:
    I find scrolling around nice and easy when zoomed in if you use the bar on the right hand side, so you don't have to touch the modules to scroll.

@sleepless said:

It is like a mouse pad on mac/pc,

Also you can double tap that right hand window to expand part of module, shrink part of module you want

You can also double tap any part of main gui to do the same, you do not have to limit yourself to use two fingers moving/scrolling, just one finger double tap.

• @Kaikoo2 said:

Precisely why it puts me off. I hate using trackpads, especially when making music. One of the many reasons I ditched my iMac & MBP from the studio.

• I don't know what you guys want to sketch a thing with external controller.

Animoog midi in and midi out is the best part of game!

You can layer your Animoog sound with M15. Your Animoog sound can mix with M15 sound with Animoog midi out IAP. You can play Animoog preset with M15 at background playing arp. When you press a key, both apps dancing together. One playing melody, the other playing bass. That is a pure breed of Moog. Please buy 'Animoog MIDI OUT' IAP for your own sake!

Good luck!

• @funjunkie27 said:

@Fitz said:
    I had this idea (ideal) that I could use the 6s version to play the iPad Model 15 using Bluetooth....

Wondering the same. I see M15 has the BT option built in. I just need to find something that will send midi over BT on my phone to test it. Does anyone know if there's a listing of MoBT enabled apps anywhere?

Apollo allows non Bluetooth apps, Thumbjam works on it's own

• edited May 2016

@sleepless said:

@Kaikoo2 said:

Precisely why it puts me off. I hate using trackpads, especially when making music. One of the many reasons I ditched my iMac & MBP from the studio.

Ok, big iPad Pro should be very fine without zoom! No excuse at all.

• Thanks @Fitz....I'll give it a go with TJ.

• You could just use Model 15 on the phone as a controller? Then you've got a choice of keyboard or Animoog, and you can choose what it sends, for example knob control etc.

• I won't get a chance to play with it until tomorrow, but I appreciate the suggestions.

• The first person to come up with a decent series of tutorial videos is going to be a God.

• @Kaikoo2 said:

@Carnbot said:
    I find scrolling around nice and easy when zoomed in if you use the bar on the right hand side, so you don't have to touch the modules to scroll.

@sleepless said:

Also you can double tap that right hand window to expand part of module, shrink part of module you want

You can also double tap any part of main gui to do the same, you do not have to limit yourself to use two fingers moving/scrolling, just one finger double tap.

Thanks for this Captain. I thought all the little lines on the right hand side slide were simply design elements. Makes a useful difference...

• edited May 2016

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    The first person to come up with a decent series of tutorial videos is going to be a God.

Look at the Textual Point preset 'Sinepad' by Richard.

This is Amplitude Modulation. I believe the most challenging part of M15 is to understand how to do with those slots! What is the Ac /Dc ? Well, those knowledge can not be easily taught by just one or two videos. You can do mimics but you still don't know the deeper within, so instead of those vids, SOS link provided here should be helpful to understand Richard Devine's preset! Tearing up those cables, get off the noise reverse attenuator and find a way to tune 921B. Well, before you do with that, just some practice on basic tutorial and Moog's manual. You are ready on road to ring mod and sequencing arpeggio.

If you understand more, you would not fooling around M15 with other apps, Moog music has inner nature with your body and soul. So take this modular path and don't listen the fools, M15 will be enjoyable. Ya,that is why I don't copy sound to make music. I will fugue M15, that will be fun.

https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar00/articles/synthsecrets.htm

• That dude does the best reviews. Really breaks it down to a point where I can get to the gist of it and make an informed buying decision without succumbing to all the user hype that sometimes borders on rapturous spiritual epiphany. ;) I mean, come on... it's just a high quality modular synth, not the dawn of the age of Aquarius or anything.

The review helped clarify for me that I don't need this app... but, I definitely want this app. And, I can likely use the "learning tool" angle for some kind of internal justification. :)

Will likely be one of those splurge purchases when I get a little extra dough I wasn't expecting, or forego some show I might've gone to see for likely more money anyway.

I'd grab it now, but I'm planning on traveling soon and wouldn't take my iPad on a backpacking trip. My iPhone is only a 5 so I wouldn't be able to play with it anyway. Though, if I did take my iPad... laying in the woods in a hammock, or alone under a mesquite tree in the Mexican desert... chewing on a little peyote, and tweaking some M15 knobs and cables... sounds kind of mind-expandingly awesome.

• Apps like this Moog Model 15 makes me wish there were giant 15-17" iPads...
    Hope Apple high-lights this app during WWDC :D

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@RustiK said:
    MOOG: Can you please fix FILTRATION orientation issues on IPAD AIR 2 and PASTE related issues?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll look at it for the next Filtatron update.

While we're at it, could you please add the IAA transport control to Animoog for iPad AND iPhone? That is something that is really messing with my workflow. :smile:

• @Fitz said:

@Fitz said:

@Crabman said:

@Fitz said:
    Is the 3D Touch just for aftertouch and not for velocity? Does any one know? If so it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity, no?

not wasted opportunity...the 3D touch is a afaik just not able to deliver velocitiy.There is a delay before the effect kicks in (you have to push the screen a little longer to get this effect)and that makes it currently only usable for aftertouch.Maybe next generation...

Ok, thanks. I thought it did velocity in the Roli Noise, but I could easily be wrong.

Just checked Noise on 6s and the yellow circles (velocity) are definitely bigger or smaller depending on how hard I tap.

Ok, velocity are the red circles. The yellow circles are the lift. There are 5 controls available for 3D Touch apparently: strike, press, glide, slide and lift. I guess the press would be after touch. Don't know how glide and slide fit in but strike and lift must be note on and off?

• @skiphunt said:

That dude does the best reviews. Really breaks it down to a point where I can get to the gist of it and make an informed buying decision without succumbing to all the user hype that sometimes borders on rapturous spiritual epiphany. ;) I mean, come on... it's just a high quality modular synth, not the dawn of the age of Aquarius or anything.

The review helped clarify for me that I don't need this app... but, I definitely want this app. And, I can likely use the "learning tool" angle for some kind of internal justification. :)

Will likely be one of those splurge purchases when I get a little extra dough I wasn't expecting, or forego some show I might've gone to see for likely more money anyway.

I'd grab it now, but I'm planning on traveling soon and wouldn't take my iPad on a backpacking trip. My iPhone is only a 5 so I wouldn't be able to play with it anyway. Though, if I did take my iPad... laying in the woods in a hammock, or alone under a mesquite tree in the Mexican desert... chewing on a little peyote, and tweaking some M15 knobs and cables... sounds kind of mind-expandingly awesome.

Dude, why are you making this seem like a major life decision? Either you get it or you don't. All of this psychological posturing, wrangling, "internal justification", etc. is really not necessary. You mock the "hype" of others who saw fit to buy the product and are enjoying it yet seem to have some sort of weird infatuated jealousy. Just say no.

• Anybody know how to bpm sync the app to external clock? I couldn't find it in the manual and I can't find any options to set the clock anywhere.

Thanks.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Bought it this afternoon.

Not had long with it.

Some thoughts...

• I don't need another synth. Pretty much the only synths I use are the ones inside gadget.
    • However I succumbed because of the sound quality
    • The way I intend to use it in my Gadget workflow is to sample a few individual notes and import as samples into Bilbao
    • I tried this on a nice thick bass patch (tweaked from a factory preset).
    • The arp and Link is very nice because I had my full Gadget track playing in sync and was then able to set up the arp in Model 15 to play along in time while auditioning different bass patches
    • When happy I opened up the filter way more than needed and sampled an A and an F
    • Then I took these into Bilbao (placing the A on pads 1 and 9 and the F on pads 2 and 10)
    • I needed each note on two pads because otherwise the sample cuts off when retriggered. If you duplicate onto 2 pads you can alternate between them to get over this monophonic issue in the Gadget samplers
    • I then put my simple 2 note bassline in the piano roll in Gadget
    • Then - remember in Model 15 I'd opened up the filter cutoff way too much. This this allowed me to put Gadget's low pass filter in Bilbao and then automate the cutoff and resonance on the bass patch over 8 bars
    • Now to me this sounds pretty good. It certainly means throughout my track I can mess with the cutoff on my moog bass patch very easily. I know that the purists will say this is sacrilege since I'm using Gadget's filter not Moogs - but it sure makes automation in sync with my track a whole lot easier. WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK of this technique?

• by the way Gadget and Model 15 both ran together on my Air2 very nicely with no clicks

Question: would I be able to make a Unison patch somehow in Model 15? I'm trying to remake a nice bass patch I have made in Phoenix in Gadget.

Clever!! I wish Gadget would release a classic chromatic sampler with looping and crossfade capabilities.

• @Samu said:
    Apps like this Moog Model 15 makes me wish there were giant 15-17" iPads...
    Hope Apple high-lights this app during WWDC :D

I would buy a midi controller built for this. Something like korg ms20ic with patch cables support, i would give a lot of money for this one

• @funjunkie27 said:

@Fitz said:

MidiFlow or Gadget on iPhone? Hook either up to your iPad. Then anything else with midi out in your iPhone (eg TJ) will suddenly see your iPad over Bluetooth.

• edited May 2016

They should make it so that if you move your ipad the cables sway. :smile:

• @Nathan said:

@Kaikoo2 said:
    Well, the future of sonic mayhem will be controlled by genetic algorithms and optimized by fuzzy logic, it is easy to do so for your curiosity by your command! The left over on the equation is your own inner artistic desire to realizatdion. It is up to you to pick your delight! I don't against you, but found you a good person!

>

Sounds like a quote from Professer Stanley J. Krammerhead III junior, a visiting professor of applied narcotics from the university of Please Yourself California - The Rutles. :)

More seriously, I too have been listening to the demos, trying to work out why lots of people think it's great. Yes, the sound is superb, and the controls a beauty to behold. My initial impression was that this would be an incredible synth. But many synths I already have seem to produce a much more varied range of sounds. Is it me, or have more varied demos just not been made yet?.

If you want more varied sounds, you will need to use something like SynthMaster or Z3ta, or Nave etc. They use multiple forms of synthesis and have more modulation types. You can get lots more sound variations from these. BUT, if you are looking for warm analog character of the sound, in a synth that does everything so well that it is an example for other developers to follow, then Moog Model 15 might be for you. The Model 15 does everything right--Full MIDI, MIDI learn, IAA Instrument mode with transport, Audiobus, LINK, Universal app, great GUI and controls, few bugs, etc. It isn't a half-baked app coming out of the gate. This thing has everything already built in. Many apps have great sound. Some have more variations in their sound. But in the digital realm, there are few apps that act and sound like an actual analog synth. Personally, I'm not an "analog is the only way" type of guy anymore--I used to be though. I think of the various forms of synthesis and the analog vs digital thing as being variations of sonic palette. I like to have as many differing colors and brushes to paint with as possible (sonic-ally speaking). What makes this app stand out is that for a virtual analog, the sonic character is the best there is on iOS. Now, you need to ask yourself--is analog character important to you? Or, is it the sonic variations that come from multiple forms of synthesis and modulation types from a digital synth more important? Model 15 is what it is--and excellent virtual analog. Nothing more and nothing less.

• wimwim
    edited May 2016

@asnor said:
    They should make it so that if you move your ipad, the cables sway. :smile:

They do, just not very much. You can toggle that on and off in the settings.