Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 tips for noobs

24

Comments

  • edited May 2016

    Cool, Richard, but, this link did not work for me, I just saw a script. Trying to get out of it from Safari on my iPad.

    I've acquired a lot of other vintage manual as well. I wonder if we could set up a repository? I wonder if we could set up a repository?

  • edited May 2016

    Actually, @richardyot, I want to start a wiki. I already have one at Wikia set up:

    http://mobilemusic.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Music_Wikia

    I have a lot of content to get out of my personal notes, and into the wiki

  • @johnfromberkeley said:
    Cool, Richard, but, this link did not work for me, I just saw a script. Trying to get out of it from Safari on my iPad.

    If you use the Dropbox app on the iPad you can use Open In to send the preset to Model 15.

  • @richardyot said:

    @johnfromberkeley said:
    Cool, Richard, but, this link did not work for me, I just saw a script. Trying to get out of it from Safari on my iPad.

    If you use the Dropbox app on the iPad you can use Open In to send the preset to Model 15.

    Yes, one doesn't believe it'll work, but it does indeed. Close to a boffin moment as I'm likely to come. Interesting thought on a Wiki. I have a Word document on my desktop which I add useful tips and tricks into different chapter headings (by App name). Becomes quite voluminous over time. Useful, but also sometimes a good starting point when one wonders what the hell to do next...

  • You can also modulate via the 921 (not the 921 A or B) There's a switch on it to generate low voltage - ie LFO. It's got outputs for each of the wave forms that can be used simultaneously. Definitely modulate that pulse width when you've got a square/rectangle in one of the first two oscillators. It provides great movement.

    Another great option for modulating is taking everything you're using to modulate and plugging it into an attenuator. (as the envelope is for the filter in the init if I recall correctly) When you do this, you can control the amount of the modulation.

    This thing's a fascinating synth - you'll learn a lot as you go through it. Doesn't hurt that it sounds flippin fantastic.

  • edited May 2016

    You can modulate from the 921 B oscillators. Set the range for Lo for LFOs or use them at audio rate. All three OSCs can be used as an audio source or as a LFO.

    Edit for clarification: You can use the audio output of any OSC to modulate other modules. Or use any OSC as a regular LFO.

  • Excellent thread, thank you @richardyot -! Much appreciated

  • @richardyot said:
    @johnfromberkeley posted a PDF manual of the hardware version on the other thread, here is a Dropbox link to it for anyone that wants it:

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3055509/moog15_instructionmanual.pdf

    Also, I've created a completely empty preset (with no patching at all, just a blank slate) which is a good starting point for the examples in the manual:

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3055509/EMPTY.m15p

    Richard - What is the difference between your empty preset and just using the "New Preset" button already in the app?

  • @MrNezumi Oh yeah, I didn't figure out what the New Preset button did. Schoolboy error.

  • @richardyot - Ok. I've been known to make those. It is a great app and I share you enthusiasm.

  • Zen mind, Noob mind.
    Thanks @richardyot and @MrNezumi for this information, when Model 15 went live I felt like deleting all my 50+ synths except this and Animoog, then I thought nah, then I read y'all stuff and thought yeah, could work...

  • @Littlewoodg said:
    Zen mind, Noob mind.
    Thanks @richardyot and @MrNezumi for this information, when Model 15 went live I felt like deleting all my 50+ synths except this and Animoog, then I thought nah, then I read y'all stuff and thought yeah, could work...

    I know what you mean... I had the same feeling, many apps became "irrelevant"....but I wasn't gonna go that far...about half way ;)

  • edited May 2016

    @soundklinik said:

    @Littlewoodg said:
    Zen mind, Noob mind.
    Thanks @richardyot and @MrNezumi for this information, when Model 15 went live I felt like deleting all my 50+ synths except this and Animoog, then I thought nah, then I read y'all stuff and thought yeah, could work...

    I know what you mean... I had the same feeling, many apps became "irrelevant"....but I wasn't gonna go that far...about half way ;)

    Halfway is quite a ways, for me that'd be 25+ synths I don't care about any more...

    Finally owning a version of something I've wanted to use since I was a teenager in the 70s definitely clarified some stuff.

    Showed me all over again how cool Animoog is, for one thing. A synth that compliments Model 15 and covers so much of the rest of the territory that's opened up since '73

    And these Model 15 sounds are in my central nervous system from way back. Yes it's not the hardware version blah blah blah: my neurons don't give a shit.

    And having both of these on iPhone too? With AUM, Infinite Looper, BM2, me and my phone just stepped through the looking glass.

  • @Littlewoodg said:

    @soundklinik said:

    @Littlewoodg said:
    Zen mind, Noob mind.
    Thanks @richardyot and @MrNezumi for this information, when Model 15 went live I felt like deleting all my 50+ synths except this and Animoog, then I thought nah, then I read y'all stuff and thought yeah, could work...

    I know what you mean... I had the same feeling, many apps became "irrelevant"....but I wasn't gonna go that far...about half way ;)

    Halfway is quite a ways, for me that'd be 25+ synths I don't care about any more...

    Finally owning a version of something I've wanted to use since I was a teenager in the 70s definitely clarified some stuff.

    Showed me all over again how cool Animoog is, for one thing. A synth that compliments Model 15 and covers so much of the rest of the territory that's opened up since '73

    And these Model 15 sounds are in my central nervous system from way back. Yes it's not the hardware version blah blah blah: my neurons don't give a shit.

    And having both of these on iPhone too? With AUM, Infinite Looper, BM2, me and my phone just stepped through the looking glass.

    Let's not forget about throwing a little Moog Filtatron into the mix:)

  • @Dham said:

    @Littlewoodg said:

    @soundklinik said:

    @Littlewoodg said:
    Zen mind, Noob mind.
    Thanks @richardyot and @MrNezumi for this information, when Model 15 went live I felt like deleting all my 50+ synths except this and Animoog, then I thought nah, then I read y'all stuff and thought yeah, could work...

    I know what you mean... I had the same feeling, many apps became "irrelevant"....but I wasn't gonna go that far...about half way ;)

    Halfway is quite a ways, for me that'd be 25+ synths I don't care about any more...

    Finally owning a version of something I've wanted to use since I was a teenager in the 70s definitely clarified some stuff.

    Showed me all over again how cool Animoog is, for one thing. A synth that compliments Model 15 and covers so much of the rest of the territory that's opened up since '73

    And these Model 15 sounds are in my central nervous system from way back. Yes it's not the hardware version blah blah blah: my neurons don't give a shit.

    And having both of these on iPhone too? With AUM, Infinite Looper, BM2, me and my phone just stepped through the looking glass.

    Let's not forget about throwing a little Moog Filtatron into the mix:)

    Right u r,
    Again all on iPhone. It's nuts in such a good way

  • I really could manage quite happily with

    • Model 15 - lovely analog
    • Animoog - rich pads and interesting sounds
    • Mersenne - cool percussion
    • Gadget - for all other sounds and to arrange my track

    I wish Gadget allowed longer sample lengths - but there we are. I think we all know that.

  • @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I really could manage quite happily with

    • Model 15 - lovely analog
    • Animoog - rich pads and interesting sounds
    • Mersenne - cool percussion
    • Gadget - for all other sounds and to arrange my track

    I wish Gadget allowed longer sample lengths - but there we are. I think we all know that.

    That's a plan
    On iPad I'd sub Modstep for The Gadge, and keep the 3 IceGear resonators, the Virsyn stable, and a smattering of gems. Unity probably batting clean-up.

    And then there's Comrade Zolotov's masterwork

  • @Littlewoodg said:

    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I really could manage quite happily with

    • Model 15 - lovely analog
    • Animoog - rich pads and interesting sounds
    • Mersenne - cool percussion
    • Gadget - for all other sounds and to arrange my track

    I wish Gadget allowed longer sample lengths - but there we are. I think we all know that.

    That's a plan
    On iPad I'd sub Modstep for The Gadge, and keep the 3 IceGear resonators, the Virsyn stable, and a smattering of gems. Unity probably batting clean-up.

    And then there's Comrade Zolotov's masterwork

    Actually, that's almost as good as The Scottish Play.

  • You know that you can run 2 Model 15s synced via LINK ...already did it as a test on 2 iPads....
    Just 2 standalones....it's great

  • @Littlewoodg said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear
    The Russian Code

    блестящий

  • edited May 2016

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @Littlewoodg said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear
    The Russian Code

    блестящий

    Comrade Z, yes. Me, приветствовать Wikipedia, for reminding me of the curse.

  • what do the attenuators do?

  • @eross said:
    what do the attenuators do?

  • I found the midi bridge is easier to connect the message than midi cc setup.

    Just has some interesting play with midiLFOs.

    Model 15 acts like my new Bebot with 2 LFOs sample and hold function to filter and rez.

    LOL

  • Just picked up a neat MIDI controller that plays nicely with Model 15. The Arturia Minilab Limited Black Edition. It is the same price as the original Minilab ($99US) but includes a few of significant upgrades: Oberheim SEM V and UVI Grand Piano Model D and Ableton Live Lite. The Oberheim SEM V by itself sells for $99. https://www.arturia.com/minilab-black/overview

    I already tricked/pimped mine out by adding some "Moog-like" knobs that I picked up a Radio Shack: :)

  • @Dham said:
    Just picked up a neat MIDI controller that plays nicely with Model 15. The Arturia Minilab Limited Black Edition. It is the same price as the original Minilab ($99US) but includes a few of significant upgrades: Oberheim SEM V and UVI Grand Piano Model D and Ableton Live Lite. The Oberheim SEM V by itself sells for $99. https://www.arturia.com/minilab-black/overview

    I already tricked/pimped mine out by adding some "Moog-like" knobs that I picked up a Radio Shack: :)

    I'd say that was a very savvy buy Mister...

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @Dham said:
    Just picked up a neat MIDI controller that plays nicely with Model 15. The Arturia Minilab Limited Black Edition. It is the same price as the original Minilab ($99US) but includes a few of significant upgrades: Oberheim SEM V and UVI Grand Piano Model D and Ableton Live Lite. The Oberheim SEM V by itself sells for $99. https://www.arturia.com/minilab-black/overview

    I already tricked/pimped mine out by adding some "Moog-like" knobs that I picked up a Radio Shack: :)

    I'd say that was a very savvy buy Mister...

    Thank you Sir:)

  • Someone asked about overdirving the filter, if you connect the mixer output to one of the ampifiers at the bottom before sending to the filter, then you connect the filter to a multiple (there is one below the mixer) then, one of the multiples you send to a channel in the mixer, and the other to the vca, where the filter goes on the INIT preset, then you will have a minimoog like overdrive stage, just mess around with the amplifier gain and the filter return on the mixer

Sign In or Register to comment.