Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 App Released

Comments

• @supadom said:

@nick said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@nick said:

@supadom said:

@nick said:
    the app is certainly selling well at this price -- in the top ten of paid apps in Germany right now, very nice to see that a premium music app is doing so well.

I wonder if they classify it by the number of sales or the revenue received?

I think it is number of apps. There is another column with biggest revenues, usually populated by freemium apps.
    so yes, #6 of all paid apps ... amazing and almost a bit surreal

9 in the UK. With IOS piracy at this level it certainly will be profitable to code apps for the platform. I guess they need to be quality apps like this one.

In the game theory of it all I am thrilled that this is getting serious commercial play. Nothing more likely to encourage the others etc. If you build it (really nicely), folks will buy it (and pay for it)...

I agree. And this one is so well done, it feels like buying an instrument rather than buying another app.

When I bought Samplr I thought I was buying just another app. How wrong was I!

Yes, you must be humble to the top, Master!

• Almost 500 comments and 16000 views in this thread after one day...

Moog Model 15 is hot hot hot!

• edited May 2016

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Almost 500 comments and 16000 views in this thread after one day...

Moog Model 15 is hot hot hot!

Can we celebrate it at ColdStone? Moog's treat! $30 per person!

Cheap! $15000 total for 500 people, only 1 1/2 of real M15!

• edited May 2016

I posted a link to an animoog site where the owner of the site said he was a beta tester of M15 and released a free album on bandcamp where all the tracks were created with M15 live.

Listened to this and thought it sounded cool, but well... please don't take this wrong... but it all sounded kinda samey and got a little bit tedious to me. Don't get me wrong, the sound itself was cool, but grew a bit tiring.

Then I went to the Moog Soundcloud feed and listened to all 13 of their demo tracks. There was still a bit of the sameness, ie. like music all created with the same instrument, but they managed to get more variety I think. And, it was therefore less tedious to listen to. Wondering if you REALLY have to know what you're doing to get to this level.

So, my question for the early adopters here... are you finding it easy, or fairly difficult to wrangle vast variety of sounds from this app/instrument/synth? And, is this more the sort of instrument you'd likely use sparingly with other apps more? Or, is it more for exploring a wild universe of synthesis for inspiration and learning? Or, do you see it as more of an all-encompassing sonic synth orchestra of complete compositional possibility?

• @skiphunt said:
    I posted a link to an animoog site where the owner of the site said he was a beta tester of M15 and released a free album on bandcamp where all the tracks were created with M15 live.

Listened to this and thought it sounded cool, but well... please don't take this wrong... but it all sounded kinda samey and got a little bit tedious to me. Don't get me wrong, the sound itself was cool, but grew a bit tiring.

Then I went to the Moog Soundcloud feed and listened to all 13 of their demo tracks. There was still a bit of the sameness, ie. like music all created with the same instrument, but they managed to get more variety I think. And, it was therefore less tedious to listen to. Wondering if you REALLY have to know what you're doing to get to this level.

So, my question for the early adopters here... are you finding it easy, or fairly difficult to wrangle vast variety of sounds from this app/instrument/synth? And, is this more the sort of instrument you'd likely use sparingly with other apps more? Or, is it more for exploring a wild universe of synthesis for inspiration and learning? Or, do you see it as more of an all-encompassing sonic synth orchestra of complete compositional possibility?

Well, the future of sonic mayhem will be controlled by genetic algorithms and optimized by fuzzy logic, it is easy to do so for your curiosity by your command! The left over on the equation is your own inner artistic desire to realizatdion. It is up to you to pick your delight! I don't against you, but found you a good person!

• Hafta say that after a lot of happy fiddling my biggest complaint (to date) is that I find the switches (arp, hold etc) too indistinct. When zoomed out it's hard for Freddy Fat Fingers to be immediately certain if he has triggered these on or off as desired. No big deal apart from when it is (of course). I realize that skinning the thing would kill the purists, but many of us at the Early Bird Buffet (here in our teal shorts) don't care so much about that anymore...

• it supports 3D Touch B)
    I am drooling over an 7.9 iPad with 3d touch :#

• edited May 2016

@lala said:
    it supports 3D Touch B)
    I am drooling over an 7.9 iPad with 3d touch :#

Take rest, lala! Is it 7.9 or 9.7? Take rest!

• @animal said:
    Man, you guys all are really infectious with your love of this App. I really don't need it, and I never was into Modular at all, but reading all of this sends me through all the motions (I need to get this, as fast as possible / but I can't see it really contributing to my style of work / but I could spent some real quality time with it, just messing around and enjoying / but I might as well get a little more in touch with all the Apps crowding my Pads anyways / but I'm gonna missout out on all the joy everybody here experiences, also: this is state of the art, pushing the boundaries and taking things further on ios...(repeat ad infinitum)).

Anyways, thanks everybody for the enthusiasm filling this thread, and thus enriching my days, it's a joy!

Exactamundo! ^

I'm proud of myself. I know I will cave eventually, but have held out so far.

• @skiphunt said:

It's like any synth in tg

@Nathan said:

@Kaikoo2 said:
    Well, the future of sonic mayhem will be controlled by genetic algorithms and optimized by fuzzy logic, it is easy to do so for your curiosity by your command! The left over on the equation is your own inner artistic desire to realizatdion. It is up to you to pick your delight! I don't against you, but found you a good person!

>

Sounds like a quote from Professer Stanley J. Krammerhead III junior, a visiting professor of applied narcotics from the university of Please Yourself California - The Rutles. :)

More seriously, I too have been listening to the demos, trying to work out why lots of people think it's great. Yes, the sound is superb, and the controls a beauty to behold. My initial impression was that this would be an incredible synth. But many synths I already have seem to produce a much more varied range of sounds. Is it me, or have more varied demos just not been made yet?.

That probably . I'm guessing most demos will be using the presets to show it off , but it's capable of much more - just depends on the skill of the muso playing it :))

• @carol said:

@skiphunt said:

It's like any synth in tg

@Nathan said:

@Kaikoo2 said:

>

Sounds like a quote from Professer Stanley J. Krammerhead III junior, a visiting professor of applied narcotics from the university of Please Yourself California - The Rutles. :)

More seriously, I too have been listening to the demos, trying to work out why lots of people think it's great. Yes, the sound is superb, and the controls a beauty to behold. My initial impression was that this would be an incredible synth. But many synths I already have seem to produce a much more varied range of sounds. Is it me, or have more varied demos just not been made yet?.

That probably . I'm guessing most demos will be using the presets to show it off , but it's capable of much more - just depends on the skill of the muso playing it :))

I think you could have this discussion with all relevant Hardware counterparts also. So subjective...

• @Nathan said:
    [...] But many synths I already have seem to produce a much more varied range of sounds. Is it me, or have more varied demos just not been made yet?.

I felt the same way about Animoog at first. The stock presets definitely had an unmistakeable "Animoogy" sound. I don't have Model15 but I think it would be the same; it just takes time to tweak and customize things to really tap into and appreciate the breadth of possibilities.

• @wim said:

@animal said:
    Man, you guys all are really infectious with your love of this App. I really don't need it, and I never was into Modular at all, but reading all of this sends me through all the motions (I need to get this, as fast as possible / but I can't see it really contributing to my style of work / but I could spent some real quality time with it, just messing around and enjoying / but I might as well get a little more in touch with all the Apps crowding my Pads anyways / but I'm gonna missout out on all the joy everybody here experiences, also: this is state of the art, pushing the boundaries and taking things further on ios...(repeat ad infinitum)).

Anyways, thanks everybody for the enthusiasm filling this thread, and thus enriching my days, it's a joy!

Exactamundo! ^

I'm proud of myself. I know I will cave eventually, but have held out so far.

+1

• @Nathan said:

@Kaikoo2 said:

>

I think that part of the appeal of this app is that it is a specific emulation of a classic hardware synth. It doesn't promise to do everything, but merely to emulate the Model 15 very well. Synths like Thor, Tera Synth, and even Magellan have likely much more to offer as far as sonic possibilities. But, if you want the "classic" Moog sound (which Animoog never really pretended to be), this is probably the best app for that. Plus, in my mind, this interface is much more intuitive than those in Audulus or zMors Modular (which again, can do much more than this app can, due to the addition of more complex sequencers, math modules, etc.).

• @Seangarland said:

@Nathan said:

@Kaikoo2 said:

>

I think that part of the appeal of this app is that it is a specific emulation of a classic hardware synth. It doesn't promise to do everything, but merely to emulate the Model 15 very well. Synths like Thor, Tera Synth, and even Magellan have likely much more to offer as far as sonic possibilities. But, if you want the "classic" Moog sound (which Animoog never really pretended to be), this is probably the best app for that. Plus, in my mind, this interface is much more intuitive than those in Audulus or zMors Modular (which again, can do much more than this app can, due to the addition of more complex sequencers, math modules, etc.).

I think at this point, as I mentioned in private, I'm mostly intrigued about this as a modular synth learning tool... with the Moog emulated sound a bonus. I know that sounds wacky to most of you, but I know almost nothing about modular synthesis at all, and this looks like a really fun learning tool. Going to stay in the backseat a while longer to see how all the early adopters make out and some reviews, but I'll eventually cave I'm sure. :)

• edited May 2016

Someone should play "funeral of queen Mary" on it to show off ^^

• edited May 2016

skiphunt said:

First come, first treat! Price will be raised!

Animoog, 5-10 fold already, I guess!

• @setAI said:
    good sound is important- but it is a bit dissapointing that this thing is mostly emulation of vanilla moog- no variable waveshaping- no delay modulation- no cv processing- I guess if you think of this as an awesome bass synth and not a timbral exploration machine- it is awesome-

I take this back- you can do some pretty cool waveshape modulation with FM and sync- lots of weird modulation possibilities - and you can modulate the delay- I haven't seen yet if you can use the delay to process cv-

• edited May 2016

This synth is in a class of it's own.
    Moog have set the bar really high. I bet someone will build a full scale midi controller for this app. In fact I wish Moog had an official hardware midi controller. I wonder if it's something they'll now consider?

• edited May 2016

Doug has his review up!

youtu.be/xa5_QqpY2wg

• Here the Richard Devine Sound Package Demo ;)

• For any of you guys like me, with an iPad Air 1, having crackled sound issues, in settings you can turn on Econo mode and something about IOS effects optimization. Not too sure but with those two things enabled, I can definitely run it better in AUM.

• How does it behave with Auria? Can it write MIDI to Auria's Piano roll? Will it run fine alongside multiple MIDI and audio tracks and plugins?

• P.S.: how does it compare with FF Twin 2?

• @Hmtx said:
    Doug has his review up!

youtu.be/xa5_QqpY2wg

Oh no! There goes my resolve. :wink:

• @theconnactic said:
    P.S.: how does it compare with FF Twin 2?

I prefer it personally - I can't cope with the small controls on the Twin 2 and I think the Moog sounds better

• edited May 2016

@theconnactic said:
    How does it behave with Auria? Can it write MIDI to Auria's Piano roll? Will it run fine alongside multiple MIDI and audio tracks and plugins?

Model 15 can send midi notes out, plus poly and channel pressure, velocity, knobs and switches, configurable and midi learnable cc's. IAA Transport panel is nice and foldable; very taxing on a mini2 w/ Auria (cpu overload message) without adjusting buffer size.

• edited May 2016

If you look at other threads, how dreadful the ghost city on AB forum for the first time!

Absolute sensation! Everybody got one to stay in home! Speechless! Good night.

• edited May 2016

• edited May 2016

Do you know how to advertising yourself? The link failed!

Ya, you got it back now!