Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 App Released

Comments

• edited May 2016

@TGiG said:

@Beathoven said:
    Wow. This app is now number 7 in the App Store chart (UK). That's for all categories, not just music. Guess MoogMusicInc have got everything right with this one.

I also love how Moog worked closely with Apple on this app. Hopefully Apple will recognise the true possibilities of iOS music production. This could really push what is (still) a niche interest further towards the popular mainstream.

Proof that you Brits are a bit more musically sophisticated in my opinion! Sadly there isn't a single music app in the top 10 here in America. Model 15 is currently the highest ranked music app at 19.

I too am thrilled to hear that Moog worked closely with Apple on this one! It really shows! Future looks bright for us iOS musicians!!!

A million thank you's @GeertBevin and @MoogMusicInc for such an amazing app! I'm so happy :smiley:

Number 6 in all categories in the german store :wink:

I bought it as well now (couldn't resist)and have to decide :a day in the sun with my girlfriend or sitting in the dark and...

tough call :smile:

• @Crabman said:

@TGiG said:

@Beathoven said:
    Wow. This app is now number 7 in the App Store chart (UK). That's for all categories, not just music. Guess MoogMusicInc have got everything right with this one.

I also love how Moog worked closely with Apple on this app. Hopefully Apple will recognise the true possibilities of iOS music production. This could really push what is (still) a niche interest further towards the popular mainstream.

Proof that you Brits are a bit more musically sophisticated in my opinion! Sadly there isn't a single music app in the top 10 here in America. Model 15 is currently the highest ranked music app at 19.

I too am thrilled to hear that Moog worked closely with Apple on this one! It really shows! Future looks bright for us iOS musicians!!!

A million thank you's @GeertBevin and @MoogMusicInc for such an amazing app! I'm so happy :smiley:

Number 6 in all categories in the german store :wink:

I bought it as well now (couldn't resist)and have to decide :a day in the sun with my girlfriend or sitting in the dark and...

tough call :smile:

How bout a day sitting in the sunshine with your girlfriend tweakin your knobbage?

• @supadom said:
    Has anyone noticed that the output volume is much higher than other apps? I've played it alongside elastic drums, gadget and dm1 and I had to lower m17's gain by about 50%.

noticed the same in AUM
    Playing it alogside with Blocks and blocks was very low :(

• Model 15 has multiple gains: vol. knob, mixer amount, mixer main gain, envelope and possibly others. It can all add up to a loud sound.

• What would be the chances of creating the same sounds as the model d with this thing?

• @Flo26 said:
    Choose your girlfriend.

yeah,i do.But NOT because i HAVE a real choice :smiley:

• edited May 2016

I'm watching this Sonicstate podcast now, they start talking about it about 11 minutes in

• edited May 2016

@MoogMusicInc

Hi,

I have question or problem for my understanding Model 15

I am doing template example one preset 'AudioBridge Extenal Insert Effect' to test on AUM and Auria pro.

It seems to me that I must plug Audiobridge 'From 3/4' together with 'From 1/2' on 2 slots of fx chain for allowing 'From 1/2' to work on external effect? Otherwise, I would get a loud buzz sound only.

However, by doing the template preset 2 'AudiBridge From 1/2 Delay Effect', it is not the case. It doesn't need 'From 3/4' on chain to be effective!

So what am I missing?

• @Nerk_ said:
    Made a moog model 15 template for modstep: http://modstep.net/new-templates-korg-volca-fm-and-moog-model-15/

Thanks, Mr. nerk, appreciated.

@gonekrazy3000 will your kind modstep template manufacturing include all tweakable parameters of moog model 15?

• @firejan82 said:

I'm watching this Sonicstate podcast now, they start talking about about 11 minutes in

Can't wait to listen today in the car. I'm in the category of not needing this as well, but I know I'll be getting it soon enough...

• edited May 2016

@crzycrs said:

@Nerk_ said:
    Made a moog model 15 template for modstep: http://modstep.net/new-templates-korg-volca-fm-and-moog-model-15/

Thanks, Mr. nerk, appreciated.

@gonekrazy3000 will your kind modstep template manufacturing include all tweakable parameters of moog model 15?

Yes. I'm actually making two templates. Already have the midibridge only ready. Making the full template now. I haven't checked Nerks template yet. Is it for the Midibridge only ? Or is it a partial template ?

• Nerk's template is featuring mod wheel, glide, volume, mb1-6, hold, regeneration, fixed cv voltage and poly legato n.n.
    Thank you, Mr. @gonekrazy3000 (;

• haha , off topic, but related via synth geekery and moog System 55 makes an appearance. Just learnt about this on the soincstate podcast.

• Man, you guys all are really infectious with your love of this App. I really don't need it, and I never was into Modular at all, but reading all of this sends me through all the motions (I need to get this, as fast as possible / but I can't see it really contributing to my style of work / but I could spent some real quality time with it, just messing around and enjoying / but I might as well get a little more in touch with all the Apps crowding my Pads anyways / but I'm gonna missout out on all the joy everybody here experiences, also: this is state of the art, pushing the boundaries and taking things further on ios...(repeat ad infinitum)).

Anyways, thanks everybody for the enthusiasm filling this thread, and thus enriching my days, it's a joy!

• Is there no velocity send when it comes to external MIDI controllers? I plugged in my Circuit, and notes are sending at the same velocity no matter how hard/softly I press the pads. Is there any way to set this up?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Is there no velocity send when it comes to external MIDI controllers? I plugged in my Circuit, and notes are sending at the same velocity no matter how hard/softly I press the pads. Is there any way to set this up?

I dunno, but virtual 'midi in' does has velocity control! Just need to check your setup

• Use the Controller Outputs module for Velocity/Aftertouch.

• @mrufino1 said:

Can't wait to listen today in the car. I'm in the category of not needing this as well, but I know I'll be getting it soon enough...

Very interested to know what you contort from this in the bass line area....

• @chris_foster said:

@Seangarland said:
    As I understand it from the SonicState video with Geert Bevin, users can create tutorials and share.

Probably has Apple's ReplayKit (in-app screencorder) built in. I suggested the same for AUM and Modstep would be an obvious beneficiary from ReplayKit

The ReplayKit framework provides the ability to record audio and video within an app and share the resulting recording with other users through social media.

Would still like to figure out the best available (iOS) screen recorder for non-developers...

• @supadom said:

@nick said:

@supadom said:

@nick said:
    the app is certainly selling well at this price -- in the top ten of paid apps in Germany right now, very nice to see that a premium music app is doing so well.

I wonder if they classify it by the number of sales or the revenue received?

I think it is number of apps. There is another column with biggest revenues, usually populated by freemium apps.
    so yes, #6 of all paid apps ... amazing and almost a bit surreal

9 in the UK. With IOS piracy at this level it certainly will be profitable to code apps for the platform. I guess they need to be quality apps like this one.

In the game theory of it all I am thrilled that this is getting serious commercial play. Nothing more likely to encourage the others etc. If you build it (really nicely), folks will buy it (and pay for it)...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@nick said:

@supadom said:

@nick said:
    the app is certainly selling well at this price -- in the top ten of paid apps in Germany right now, very nice to see that a premium music app is doing so well.

I think it is number of apps. There is another column with biggest revenues, usually populated by freemium apps.

9 in the UK. With IOS piracy at this level it certainly will be profitable to code apps for the platform. I guess they need to be quality apps like this one.

In the game theory of it all I am thrilled that this is getting serious commercial play. Nothing more likely to encourage the others etc. If you build it (really nicely), folks will buy it (and pay for it)...

I agree. And this one is so well done, it feels like buying an instrument rather than buying another app.

• @carol said:

@skiphunt said:

@carol said:

@skiphunt said:

@carol said:

@skiphunt said:

@carol said:

@skiphunt said:

What makes this synth so much more exciting than all of the others out there?

The sound quality . Simple as that , it's about as close to a hardware synth as you can get , and for twenty three quid that's exceptionally cool beans

Hey Carol, I've got you followed on Soundcloud. Once you get something nifty that was a direct result of the quality of this app... do you mind poppin it up on Soundcloud and droppin me a note?

I'm resisting this one for now because there are 2-3 more I'd rather get soon, that I've already done the research and know I'll benefit from, ie. I don't have Fugue Machine yet. I'm also hoping to be traveling/backpacking/motorcycling very soon and likely won't be tinkering with IOS sound apps anyway, so there's no rush at the moment.

Just trying to filter out the new-app-hype, and get to the gist of what this app can do and why I might want/need it, or if it would be a waste on me.

I usually do something pretty quick with a new app , but with this one I'm just enjoying exploring , learning , and playing it for now . It's such a deep app that I want to do it justice before committing it to mp3 , but thanks for following and I'll post a link when I've done something with it :))

Ok. I can't speak for anyone else.. but I've found that the sound apps (at least for me) fall into one of 3 categories, 1. a utility to make producing something much easier 2. a really fun app that makes great sounds that I'll likely only listen to myself 3. A sound tool I'll use to make some soundtrack/compostion

Nothing wrong with the self-pleasuring sorts of sound apps... just trying to figure out how I'd use this. Figured it'd be easier to hear how others are using it to better evaluate it's worth to me. I had no idea that so many would get their panties ruffled by merely asking if there were any fresh user examples yet. lol ;)

I think you need to give people a chance , it's only been out a day lol

I did just try and record something - amazingly I was able to run Elastuc Drums , Geoshred , the Moog , Patterning and a bunch of FX all through aum at the same time on my Air2 , and record it without a crash . It did get a bit crackly ( the overall sound , no app in particular ) but the recording was clean . Unfortunately my playing wasn't so I'll refrain from sharing that one lol

Carol, are you "Terrible Void" on Soundcloud? If you have something that you want to make private then delete, that's cool. Just curious what sounds folks can get in a composition that isn't a promo by Suzanne Ciani for Moog.

It got crackly with an Air2? Thats what I have. Looks like you were pushing it pretty heavy though.

As far as enough time... seems like enthusiastic shoom samples were flying around the same day it was released!

Geoshred and Elastic Drums are pretty resource intensive anyway and I usually have sound quality issues recording just those together in aum . As I'd added a load of FX , Patterning and then the Moog on top I was pleasantly surprised it worked at all . Even then it was only a slight degradation in overall sound quality , and the recording was fine . To clarify I've had no crackling at all with the Moog in standalone , and can happily run it in aum with patterning and a few FX without any issues

Got it. Cool. Yes, some app combos in AUM... when stacked up with FX can get a little hairy for me too. I don't have GeoShred, but that one looks like it'd be processor intensive too.

Was watching the movie "I Dream of Wires" on Netflix last night. Got me all "amp'd" ;) about Moog in general. Played with Animoog for awhile before hitting the sack to sate my itch. M15 sounds like a cool app for sure, but I will be cutting myself off soon (more or less) while traveling and won't be tweaking iOS audio apps late at night anyway. So, I'm going to hold off until I get back into new app exploration mode again. Thanks for the civil "feedback" much appreciated. :)

• @skiphunt said:

Was watching the movie "I Dream of Wires" on Netflix last night. Got me all "amp'd" ;) about Moog in general. Played with Animoog for awhile before hitting the sack to sate my itch. M15 sounds like a cool app for sure, but I will be cutting myself off soon (more or less) while traveling and won't be tweaking iOS audio apps late at night anyway. So, I'm going to hold off until I get back into new app exploration mode again. Thanks for the civil "feedback" much appreciated. :)

No problem :))

• edited May 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@nick said:

@supadom said:

@nick said:

I will not buy those commercials, unless professional ebook on it!

I have plenty of fun time with it, I can make electronic guitar sound from it! I have never heard of any synth sound which can be created by others. All the knobs and switches there, just need you concentrate what they do for you, template examples and manual so helpful.

If Moog want to bring more Presets from sound designers, I will buy all of them to appreciate the sounds as I did on Anomoog.

Frankly, Animoog does more complex sounds. this M15 can not! This M15 create what I want, because that is unique to me, not special for pros, but special to my life; same to you.

If Moog can do Inter Animoog-Model15 oscillators exchange by IAA or Invisible iM1-Gadget kind of file presets transformation on M15 oscillators input signal level,

then Moog and @GeertBevin can create a world of new era no other can? I just give my imagination. That combo Animoog-M15 IAP will do your life time sound eternity!

• Can I insert an Audiobus or IAA sound source into the Moog? How?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mrufino1 said:

STOP IT NOW!!! I'm successfully resisting hitting the buy button! If I buy this and forget mothers day (as I have done in the past) that will not be so good for me. ;-)

I will be buying it eventually, just to be clear. This is in no way a price discussion.

So as you know, we'll be discussing how much I love it by Saturday... Ha!

• @mrufino1 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mrufino1 said:

STOP IT NOW!!! I'm successfully resisting hitting the buy button! If I buy this and forget mothers day (as I have done in the past) that will not be so good for me. ;-)

I will be buying it eventually, just to be clear. This is in no way a price discussion.

So as you know, we'll be discussing how much I love it by Saturday... Ha!

How about this: Focus on the Mother Unit until Sunday, fulfill your requirements successfully, and then reward yourself :) A plan, surely?

• I heard about this app last night at 1 a.m.
    After browsing the first few pages of this thread and watching through half of the sonic state vid i wanted to buy a 50€ itunes code online.
    The 15 & 25€ codes were sold out. I almost bought the 50€ but then i wanted to read some more and see the whole sonic state vid.
    When i was sure to buy this the 50€ codes were sold out too.
    The only other website that were selling codes was mom but they wanted 57€.
    So i waited until this morning and went to the train station where the guy told this month there was a promotion and so i ended up paying 40€.
    Just waiting some hours saved my 17€.
    I am inclined to think that this app had something to do with the high demand of codes last night.
    Probably the next days also.
    Well done.
    I find it a bit cumbersome having to scroll up and down in order to see the whole patch, but the sound quality is undoubtly worthy.
    I wished there was a way to include a connectivity of the modules into the hardware world like zMors does with the Expert Sleepers ES-3.

• @Nerk_ said:

Making a comprehensive template of my own and for the life of me i cannot find where you mapped the POLY LEGATO N.N. you have in your template. how did you find that CC ? i've wiped all the default CC in the app since im remapping everything to my custom mapping....

• @nick said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@nick said:

@supadom said:

@nick said:

I agree. And this one is so well done, it feels like buying an instrument rather than buying another app.

When I bought Samplr I thought I was buying just another app. How wrong was I!