Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 App Released

Comments

• Aphex did you buy it yet?

• @TGiG said:
    Now I really want an iPad Pro :wink:

Yup. Grrrr.

• @Aphex said:
    @kobamoto
    @JohnnyGoodyear

The other preset pack

Thanks boss. Money spent.

• edited May 2016

Short instrumental. Some patches from 15 fiddled with. Drums from here and there and drumjam. Other samples from the aquarium of course :). Will no doubt delete it in sunlight.

Probably not very well recorded/mixed (which is where the less talented of us do a disservice to the developers). Turned my passing poor mood into something silly. Always best to get converted, whatever brand of God you fancy...

• @MoogMusicInc any plans on more tutorials? that's what really sold me on the app. I expected more than the two basic ones.

• @coolout said:
    @MoogMusicInc any plans on more tutorials? that's what really sold me on the app. I expected more than the two basic ones.

this is what I'm very much interested in too, I was under the impression there were allot of them!!!

• As I understand it from the SonicState video with Geert Bevin, users can create tutorials and share. I've not had enough time with the app to see exactly how that sharing would work, but I'd love to see the community produce some great tutorials.

I know that's not exactly like getting them from Moog with the purchased app, but it would still suffice for me.

• @Seangarland said:
    As I understand it from the SonicState video with Geert Bevin, users can create tutorials and share. I've not had enough time with the app to see exactly how that sharing would work, but I'd love to see the community produce some great tutorials.

I know that's not exactly like getting them from Moog with the purchased app, but it would still suffice for me.

+1

• edited May 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    whatever brand of God you fancy...

I fancy the Glenlivet, though I am settling for the PBR, atm.

• The real thing Sounds pretty good at around 6-7mins

• @Redo1 said:
    The real thing Sounds pretty good at around 6-7mins

Farty goodness! :smiley:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Short instrumental.

Short but action packed! Held attention and loved the twists / turns and Moogery.

• That's a beautiful commercial.

• Have to say, this app suffers from trying squeeze it's interface onto iOS. Reminds me of companies putting their desktop stuff onto iOS, it just doesn't really work. Thought I'd get used to all the zooming and scrolling, but it's remained annoying all the way through.

• @1P18 said:
    Have to say, this app suffers from trying squeeze it's interface onto iOS. Reminds me of companies putting their desktop stuff onto iOS, it just doesn't really work. Thought I'd get used to all the zooming and scrolling, but it's remained annoying all the way through.

I was feeling that way at first, but once I started to learn where all the modules were located, I found moving around became easier.

• edited May 2016

@skiphunt said:

@carol said:

@skiphunt said:

@carol said:

@skiphunt said:

@carol said:

@skiphunt said:

What makes this synth so much more exciting than all of the others out there?

The sound quality . Simple as that , it's about as close to a hardware synth as you can get , and for twenty three quid that's exceptionally cool beans

Hey Carol, I've got you followed on Soundcloud. Once you get something nifty that was a direct result of the quality of this app... do you mind poppin it up on Soundcloud and droppin me a note?

I'm resisting this one for now because there are 2-3 more I'd rather get soon, that I've already done the research and know I'll benefit from, ie. I don't have Fugue Machine yet. I'm also hoping to be traveling/backpacking/motorcycling very soon and likely won't be tinkering with IOS sound apps anyway, so there's no rush at the moment.

Just trying to filter out the new-app-hype, and get to the gist of what this app can do and why I might want/need it, or if it would be a waste on me.

I usually do something pretty quick with a new app , but with this one I'm just enjoying exploring , learning , and playing it for now . It's such a deep app that I want to do it justice before committing it to mp3 , but thanks for following and I'll post a link when I've done something with it :))

Ok. I can't speak for anyone else.. but I've found that the sound apps (at least for me) fall into one of 3 categories, 1. a utility to make producing something much easier 2. a really fun app that makes great sounds that I'll likely only listen to myself 3. A sound tool I'll use to make some soundtrack/compostion

Nothing wrong with the self-pleasuring sorts of sound apps... just trying to figure out how I'd use this. Figured it'd be easier to hear how others are using it to better evaluate it's worth to me. I had no idea that so many would get their panties ruffled by merely asking if there were any fresh user examples yet. lol ;)

I think you need to give people a chance , it's only been out a day lol

I did just try and record something - amazingly I was able to run Elastuc Drums , Geoshred , the Moog , Patterning and a bunch of FX all through aum at the same time on my Air2 , and record it without a crash . It did get a bit crackly ( the overall sound , no app in particular ) but the recording was clean . Unfortunately my playing wasn't so I'll refrain from sharing that one lol

Carol, are you "Terrible Void" on Soundcloud? If you have something that you want to make private then delete, that's cool. Just curious what sounds folks can get in a composition that isn't a promo by Suzanne Ciani for Moog.

It got crackly with an Air2? Thats what I have. Looks like you were pushing it pretty heavy though.

As far as enough time... seems like enthusiastic shoom samples were flying around the same day it was released!

Geoshred and Elastic Drums are pretty resource intensive anyway and I usually have sound quality issues recording just those together in aum . As I'd added a load of FX , Patterning and then the Moog on top I was pleasantly surprised it worked at all . Even then it was only a slight degradation in overall sound quality , and the recording was fine . To clarify I've had no crackling at all with the Moog in standalone , and can happily run it in aum with patterning and a few FX without any issues

• edited May 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Short instrumental. Some patches from 15 fiddled with. Drums from here and there and drumjam. Other samples from the aquarium of course :). Will no doubt delete it in sunlight.

Probably not very well recorded/mixed (which is where the less talented of us do a disservice to the developers). Turned my passing poor mood into something silly. Always best to get converted, whatever brand of God you fancy...

That is awesome track for ocean park, great for park performers.

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    @MoogMusicInc is there a way of individually deselecting held notes added to an arpeggiated pattern in error?

Thanks for pointing that out, we'll see what can be done about deselecting held notes. However, using the Latch switch of the arpeggiator, you can already play a chord, remove all fingers and press down another chord. This will clear the first chord and immediately use the new one.

Cool, thankyou.

I have another question:

Is there a way to syncronise patches across devices ie; via iCould?

• Yes @JohnnyGoodyear, beautiful musical miniature painting!

• @supadom said:

@nick said:
    the app is certainly selling well at this price -- in the top ten of paid apps in Germany right now, very nice to see that a premium music app is doing so well.

I wonder if they classify it by the number of sales or the revenue received?

I think it is number of apps. There is another column with biggest revenues, usually populated by freemium apps.
    so yes, #6 of all paid apps ... amazing and almost a bit surreal

• edited May 2016

@nick said:

@supadom said:

@nick said:
    the app is certainly selling well at this price -- in the top ten of paid apps in Germany right now, very nice to see that a premium music app is doing so well.

I wonder if they classify it by the number of sales or the revenue received?

I think it is number of apps. There is another column with biggest revenues, usually populated by freemium apps.
    so yes, #6 of all paid apps ... amazing and almost a bit surreal

9 in the UK. With IOS piracy at this level it certainly will be profitable to code apps for the platform. I guess they need to be quality apps like this one.

• @Seangarland said:
    As I understand it from the SonicState video with Geert Bevin, users can create tutorials and share.

Probably has Apple's ReplayKit (in-app screencorder) built in. I suggested the same for AUM and Modstep would be an obvious beneficiary from ReplayKit

The ReplayKit framework provides the ability to record audio and video within an app and share the resulting recording with other users through social media.

• IPHONE 6s+

I am shocked at how many apps I can run with MODEL.

Oddly, the only app that caused an issue was Animoog.

Actually, each time I tried to run Animoog with MODEL and a sequencing app, sound would completely cut out on all.

Remove ANIMOOG, sound was back.

However, I was able to run any other app in place of ANimoog with no problem.

On IPAD AIR 2 no issues really yet.................................knocks twice on head

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Wow!

That "song" made my day!

Now I'm insprired to go to the local zoo...

• @Harro said:
    I am very happy with this synth; thank you Moog! It's high on the cpu of my iPad Air (1), but in Aum or Audiobus with a buffersize of 516, I can run Fuguemachine and Patterning and Model 15 without crackles or glitches (even when changing from one app to the other). Very inspiring musical results (mainly with the Model 15 arp-presets in this setup). Recording in Reaper on my PC via iConnectAudio4+ and using other effects there works super!

Glad to hear this, I'm also on Air 1, iConnectAudio4+, Reaper :relieved:

• This morning I tried it with my Roli Rise via Bluetooth MIDI ... just got those patches that make full use of the Animoog expressive keyboard....configured some Midi cc (super easy)...

Mind blowing setup :|

PS. I was using an Air....with a Pro it would look amazing :smiley:

• edited May 2016

@jooga1972 said:
    Now I'm confused, but not disappointed.

Try opening all apps standalone first, then open AUM and add them in/ open session.

I'm on Air 1 and it's the only way I can avoid glitches and crashes.