Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

At home all alone - My first all audiobus song NSFW

edited January 2013 in Creations

My first all Audiobus production. I didn't use any real instruments or hardware accept for a cord and iRig to hook my iPhone to my iPad for the vocals. Also the drums were made on PC and imported into Multi Track DAW. All tracks were recorded in one take and kept as is, mistakes and all.

Here is the set-up
Acoustic Guitar: Musix Pro(midi control)>ThumbJam Acoustic Preset>MT DAW
Electric Guitar: Cantor(midi control)>Thumbjam Electic Guitar Preset>JamUp>MT DAW
Bass: Animoog>MT DAW
Synth: Musix Pro(midi control)>Magellan>MT DAW
Vocals: ImproVOX(iPhone)>iRig>Audiobus Mic input>JamUp>MT DAW

I hope you enjoy listening half as much as I enjoyed making it!

At Home All Alone

EDIT: Nearly forgot, I swear again.. So not safe for work... yeah.

Comments

• Excellent! Really like the way you have programmed/played the drums.
    Still amazes me how good things sound even though its recorded on a phone!

• That was great, a fantastic advert for all parties involved. Maybe some Drumjam and Molten action next time? (or even DM-1 if we're lucky)

• Nice work. I'm with nu2moro, drums sound great.

• Hey thanks everyone :-) The drums are Toon Track's Superior Drummer2 with the vintage rock expansion(EZdrummer). Maybe some day they'll bring their products to ios, one can only hope.

@PhoenixOne4 Thank you, I actually started this song with Molten. It kept glitching out and going off time though for some reason so i had to scrap it. I'll try DrumJam for the next song and see what happens. :-)

• Bump ... Yes I'm bumping my own song. Sue me! :-) BTW @sonosaurus thanks so much for TJ, dam, I can't get enough of it!

• Nice work Ryan!

• @Ryan nice job! I would like to say with regards to the drums... DrumJam to me has the best sounding "live" kits available as yet on the IPad.

• edited January 2013

Thanks @uglykidmoe :-) I have a new song on it's way, probably finished friday, using fl studio mobile to do the drums. Drumjam does have some good sounds for sure. The interface didn't tickle my fancy though so i have't used it. I'm pretty sure you can't import samples in drumjam either which is pretty much imperative for me.

Also, I saw some shirtless guy on a different thread say improvox is a toy.. I dunno, it's not great, but I thought it got the job done. Something better is needed for sure. :-)

• @ryan yeah those are valid criticisms. I typically turn off the auto-roll feature because it is just too sensitive (i can rarely get 4 bars of single drum hits when it's on)

The good news: DrumJam will be getting user samples in the future

• Nice. Very talented, Ryan. Thanks for sharing. Your other tracks are rocking too. Keep on posting your experiences.

• Thanks @Keebo :-) Will do.