Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yamaha Mobile Music sequencer

Anybody use this? The additional packs? Any good experiences?

Comments

• Mobile Mythic Sequencer?

Never heard of!

• @Kaikoo2 said:
    Mobile Mythic Sequencer?

Never heard of!

@Kaikoo2 said:
    Mobile Mythic Sequencer?

Never heard of!

You have to wear a turban and burn Insense. The UI is a crystal ball!

• edited April 2016

It's been a while but I've used it and it was an okay experience. It 's a different kind of beast than any other music app that I've seen. It was tough for me to learn but what really helped was...YouTube. Doug at TSTR did some demos, but I found Miki Strange's series of video was really helpful:

• Chest pain, LOL

• edited April 2016

@TozBourne , how are you

Your eyes looking mythical to me too on crystal ball

• edited April 2016

Yamaha Mobile Sequencer is actually a really powerful app hindered by an awful interface and convoluted workflow. I was once figured a lot of it out but it's not really worth the effort now, at least for me anyways, with so many other options available . However it may be just what your looking for so try it and see. Never purchased the additional packs though.

• @Kaikoo2 said:
    @TozBourne , how are you

Your eyes looking mythical to me too on crystal ball

I'm fine, thanks for asking. I have no idea what my eyes or crystal balls have to do with anything...I must have missed a joke here...oh well, no biggie.

• One feature it has is a chord progression stealer, or whatever it is they call it. Load up a hit song from the hit parade from your iTunes library, and it’ll output a future court case.

• edited April 2016

@hacked_to_pieces said:
    Yamaha Mobile Sequencer is actually a really powerful app hindered by an awful interface and convoluted workflow. I was once figured a lot of it out but it's not really worth the effort now, at least for me anyways, with so many other option available . However it may be just what your looking for so try it and see. Never purchased the additional packs though.

Long time no see! How are you

Can not buy it, for US and JAP only, I knew it, just have fun with mythic joy

• @u0421793 said:
    One feature it has is a chord progression stealer, or whatever it is they call it. Load up a hit song from the hit parade from your iTunes library, and it’ll output a future court case.

@u0421793 said:
    One feature it has is a chord progression stealer, or whatever it is they call it. Load up a hit song from the hit parade from your iTunes library, and it’ll output a future court case.

Most modern hits are the same chord progression written by a guy called Steve who lives in a small room in his mothers cellar. He has a pet rat called Rodger. He uses an old Amiga to write all his hit tunes.

• One thing about MMS that is easy to miss is that there is no need to use the 'arranger/pharse features' and go straight to the time-line/paino-roll (song mode) which is one of the most fully featured out there.

The 'sound-engine' is 8-part 'XG-Lite' and as such doesn't include a full GM/XG soundest.
    It's also possible to sequence IAA-Instruments and render them into a mixdown.

MMS is a rarity as it's universal and runs on the iPhone too...

I got MMS when it was 'Free' long time ago (including IAPs) and every now and then Yamaha dumps the price to 'Free' so it's worth keeping an eye on.

The sounds included in MMS remind me of my long-beloved/deprecated SW1000XG as many of the drum-kits are included in MMS which is pretty neat :)

• @Samu ,

I like midiSTEPs a lot. Among my top 3 is Fugue, Modstep, and midiSTEPs.

ArtKerns is busy, I asked him make randomizer from 'start to end' button instead of begining of sequence. And insert blank grid without leaving HOLD page. So these 2 functions will dramatically rank up the misiSTEPs.

• @u0421793 said:

Made me laugh heartily. Thanks for that.

• I like the drum pattern options. It creates some interesting midi fills.

• I got lost in this app, but I'm pretty sure there is a full-fledged DAW in there somewhere ...

Yamaha has a less daunting companion app, Yamaha Synth and Drum, that I like for special effects and such. Some nice drum sounds, easy to implement. It was free at the time as well :sunglasses:

• Thanks everyone. I used to have a QY 30 so I'm somewhat familiar w the workflow. Packs look interesting.

• @Telstar5 said:
    Thanks everyone. I used to have a QY 30 so I'm somewhat familiar w the workflow. Packs look interesting.

You will like the qy pack then.

• @u0421793 said:

Ha. Great!

• Their approach to "phrases" are really unique.. Guitar strums, etc.

• I did one song with it but haven;t used it in a long while - maybe I should revisit?

• I realise this isn’t a very popular option these days, but for those few hardy souls who still enjoy this unsung gem, a question: is anyone else getting stuck keys when playing in from the (otherwise excellent) on-screen keyboard? Thanks.

• @u0421793 said:

Hilarious and probably true😃

• Does it read fancy jazz type chords?

• @purpan2 said:
    I realise this isn’t a very popular option these days, but for those few hardy souls who still enjoy this unsung gem, a question: is anyone else getting stuck keys when playing in from the (otherwise excellent) on-screen keyboard? Thanks.

What do you do to get stuck keys?

• @rs2000 said:

@purpan2 said:
    I realise this isn’t a very popular option these days, but for those few hardy souls who still enjoy this unsung gem, a question: is anyone else getting stuck keys when playing in from the (otherwise excellent) on-screen keyboard? Thanks.

Simply play them. Random keys stick down, as if they were held by a sustain pedal.

• @RJB said:

@u0421793 said:

Hilarious and probably true😃

Pachelbel’s long gone, consider your I-V-vi-IV safe.

• @purpan2 said:

@rs2000 said:

@purpan2 said:

Simply play them. Random keys stick down, as if they were held by a sustain pedal.

Sorry, cannot reproduce on iOS 12.3.1.

• @rs2000 said:

@purpan2 said:

@rs2000 said:

@purpan2 said:

Sorry, cannot reproduce on iOS 12.3.1.

OK, thanks for trying!

• @purpan2 said:

Maybe you're on to something indeed. Mine was going ok, but there was a moment where a note held a bit, but not for long.
    Will try to investigate further

iOS 11, on an iPad Mini 2

• @senhorlampada said:

@purpan2 said:

Maybe you're on to something indeed. Mine was going ok, but there was a moment where a note held a bit, but not for long.
    Will try to investigate further

iOS 11, on an iPad Mini 2

Thanks a lot. Yes, it is a brief sustain, but it makes accuracy a bit tricky