Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samples is on the bus!

Comments

• Thanks for posting! It looks like an app with quite a bit of potential. Some improvements that come to my mind:

• ability to loop individual samples with visual confirmation of the point where a sample loops
    • adjustable loop point markers for each sample
    • import from and export to Audioshare
    • Assignable fx (reverb, delay, distortion, glitch, etc.) per sample
    • ability to duplicate/copy samples within the sample matrix

I'd like to hear how the other guys/girls on this forum like the app and which improvements they suggest. I'll mail the developer and send him a link to this thread.

Maarten

• edited September 2013

Kind of reminds me of Bossjock Studio minus many features. Bossjock is on The Bus already.

• Hi! I'm the author of Samples.

Thanks for the tips Maarten! Version 3.0 (which I've just submitted for review) brings with it looping (although no visual progress and point markers yet). It also includes AudioCopy, AudioPaste, General Pasteboard and iTunes File Sharing support. And as you know, Audiobus, so you can at least apply an fx to Samples's output as a whole.

I'm definitely gonna add the following at some point:
    1) Visual progress for playback (looping or not)
    2) A UI for trimming samples (well, technically, specifying start and end points for playback), which would double as a UI to specify when to start and stop looping. I've gotta figure out a way to create a very precise UI for this, with a very imprecise input device (a finger), so that's gonna be interesting :)
    3) More features for organizing your collection. You can kinda copy paste in v3.0 (e.g. AudioCopy one pad and AudioPaste to another). But a way to reorder pads would be great I think.

And actually, a lot more stuff. I have a giant TODO list. Samples was born as kind of a soundboard, but my plan for it is to become a full-featured Sampler/drum machine, that's dead simple to use.

I'll check out Bossjock!

Feel free to keep suggesting stuff to add/change, user feedback has been fundamental in driving development so far, and I hope I can shift my audience to real musicians and get more of their feedback.

Sorry for the lengthy reply :) Have a great day.

• edited September 2013

Hey Giorgio. I contacted you way back in March re Audiobus, Copy/Paste, Audioshare etc
    Great to see you adding some of these functions. Were you aware of Retronyms taking on and bringing in some new changes to the Audio Copy/pasteboard?

As I said back then...I really like the simple user-friendly interface....although I did prefer the dark blue colours. :)

Good luck with it all.

• edited March 2014

• @SpookyZoo yeah I've heard they're taking over. I'm really happy about it because honestly, that sdk was a piece of ****. Thank god Micheal sent me a much better implementation, otherwise I'd still be working on that :)

• 3.0 is out and live! Samples is on the bus :) Enjoy!

• looks promising to me!

• edited September 2013

A step up from Sample is Bossjock which is on the bus also, but not free.

• If i try to get the Pro version, by clicking the + sign, the app shuts down. Anyone had any luck with it?

• Hey, I've been informed that sometimes it takes up to 36h from when a new in-app purchase is released to when it's available in the AppStore. I think that's what happening here, and I hope apple resolves this as soon as possible. I'm sorry :(

• That could be why, thanks!

• It finally works now. Enjoy the PRO Pack!

• SAMPLES just got updated with features and fixes.

Sent from my

• edited March 2014

• So I put Samples in the output slot but how do you record into ? I don't get any control options in the audiobus pullout in the instrument app.....
    Do we need to have Pro version for this or am I missing something? Seems pointless if you cannot use it like loopy to record ,play samples in different slots

• @thepinkelefant you can press the record button in Samples to record. It'll be cool to have a control in the sidebar to record, I'll look into it!

• Thanks @mipstian . Some control options on the AudioBus panel will be super sweet. That way, don't have to flip between Samples and the instr app and can start,stop and even move tot the next sample slot right from the instr using the ab panel!