Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Potential solution to popping noise when opening Turnado

edited April 2016 in App Tips and Tricks

I was occasionally getting a pretty loud popping noise when opening Turnado, probably 50% of the time. I remember reading here others were too. Just today I disabled the microphone access from with the iOS settings app (scroll down to Turnado and turn it off there), and it seems to have fixed this issue.

To be clear here, I say seems. In other words, take caution as if the pop is still there (for those of you getting it).

Edit: This doesn't fix it.

Comments

• Hi- thanks for that- I always open Turnado in AUM now (within Audiobus)- someone else mentioned this in a previous thread- and this has worked without fail for me. I have turned the mic off now as well.
    Cheers

• I wonder, if this "noise-thing" has to do with not resetting Turnado before quitting it (there's also a setting for this inside Turnado...). I always reset it before ending my sessions, and I never had this problem. So either I am lucky here, or it might be easily resolved... . Anybody with the issue tried this route?

• Just got the noise again, so the mic off doesn't fix it.

• How do you reset it? Are you meaning the big red button?

• @robosardine: yes, reset is by pressing the big red button, or shutting everything off by hand, or checking the "reset after load"- box in Turnado's settings...

• edited April 2016

@animal said:
    @robosardine: yes, reset is by pressing the big red button, or shutting everything off by hand, or checking the "reset after load"- box in Turnado's settings...

I look deep and wide in Turnado's settings but can't see the 'reset after load' box. Can you point the blind mouse towards it please.

• @supadom said:

@animal said:
    @robosardine: yes, reset is by pressing the big red button, or shutting everything off by hand, or checking the "reset after load"- box in Turnado's settings...

I look deep and wide in Turnado's settings but can't see the 'reset after load' box. Can you point the blind mouse towards it please.

Ignore, just found it. There's so many settings there. Gotta explore further! Cheers

• @supadom said:

@animal said:

In the middle!

I do turn off knobs reset on host stop, that is good too.

AUM and Mod all do well on reset.

• @Kaikoo2 said:

@supadom said:

@animal said:

In the middle!

I do turn off knobs reset on host stop, that is good too.

AUM and Mod all do well on reset.

Seems like a good idea too. Albeit I do like to create a pattern with the looper effect and then restart the session on the 3. I'll definitely try this though. Cheers

• Huh, that setting panel was hiding in plain sight. Thanks for pointing it out!