Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

shoom preset swap

Comments

• edited April 2016

Doesn't it seem like when you lock pitch and can only slide the node on the pad vertically, that you should still get some change in the sound or modulation?

• I REALLY like this one. An arrivals hall at an airport with all the quiet fog on the inside.

• @Tom Synth Anatomy said:
    Here is my library for Shoom which will be available in one of the next updates ;)
    Cheers
    Tom Synth Anatomy

Thank you, Tom! :+1:

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Roky is one of the best goddamn rockandroll singers who have ever walked the earth.

Watch me not argue with you :wink:

• @skiphunt said:
    Doesn't it seem like when you lock pitch and can only slide the node on the pad vertically, that you should still get some change in the sound or modulation?

If a preset isn't modulating in lock pitch mode, you can add modulation for the Y axis to taste and either resave or create a new preset :smile:

• @Fruitbat1919 and @crzycrs - Lots of great work here, thank you both for sharing!

• @eustressor said:

@skiphunt said:

If a preset isn't modulating in lock pitch mode, you can add modulation for the Y axis to taste and either resave or create a new preset :smile:

As an example, the one someone here did called "time writer" doesn't modulate in lock pitch mode... even if I completely change the settings for Y axis on the mod panel. Is that what you're saying? Doesn't appear to make any difference.

• Here's the fuzz bass with wah (play near the bottom and zip held notes up the Y-axis to hear the "wah" effect) I used in Shoom Sandwich - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bisblb57e75pq2p/Burton's Cliff.shoompreset?dl=0

• DO YOU GUYS NOT HAVE WIVES THAT KEEP YOU BUSY WITH THEIR ENDLESS REQUIREMENTS!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    DO YOU GUYS NOT HAVE WIVES THAT KEEP YOU BUSY WITH THEIR ENDLESS REQUIREMENTS!

Should I let her play with Shoom too? ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Absolutely no comment. BUT congrats on the bank. Should have been an IAP :) Worth at least two donuts.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Absolutely no comment. BUT congrats on the bank. Should have been an IAP :) Worth at least two donuts.

Mmmmmmm donuts......

• @skiphunt said:
    As an example, the one someone here did called "time writer" doesn't modulate in lock pitch mode... even if I completely change the settings for Y axis on the mod panel. Is that what you're saying? Doesn't appear to make any difference.

I just tried it - it seems like you have to make your Y-axis mod controls while the lock is "off" - then when everything's where you want it, turn the pitch lock back on and it works. Bit of a bug there, I suppose ...

Below is a preset with lots of Y-axis modulation and pitch lock on. Toying with the idea of a Hammond, so if you play at the bottom of your screen, quite and serene ... Then slide your chord up to hear a B3-ish woosh:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c8m7szhmg3dcw9/Lord Jon.shoompreset?dl=0

• @eustressor said:

@skiphunt said:

I just tried it - it seems like you have to make your Y-axis mod controls while the lock is "off" - then when everything's where you want it, turn the pitch lock back on and it works. Bit of a bug there, I suppose ...

Below is a preset with lots of Y-axis modulation and pitch lock on. Toying with the idea of a Hammond, so if you play at the bottom of your screen, quite and serene ... Then slide your chord up to hear a B3-ish woosh:

Nice. Just tried turning off lock, then changing "time writer" y-axis mod, then turning lock back on... still doesn't change with slide. Maybe some weird setting with that one preset

• Another great, innovative app & thanks for all the preset shares ladies & germs !
    Looking forward to checking them out :)

• @skiphunt said:

@eustressor said:

@skiphunt said:

Nice. Just tried turning off lock, then changing "time writer" y-axis mod, then turning lock back on... still doesn't change with slide. Maybe some weird setting with that one preset

Not sure. I'm having difficulty getting certain y axis joy with many things I'm trying. It's a difficult one to hunt down when having settings that may be being modulated by both LFOs and Y axis modulation.

I will strip back some settings and test just y axis modulation.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:

@eustressor said:

@skiphunt said:

Not sure. I'm having difficulty getting certain y axis joy with many things I'm trying. It's a difficult one to hunt down when having settings that may be being modulated by both LFOs and Y axis modulation.

Was "time writer" yours? It's a nice one, but it's the first one I noticed that there was no change in y axis sliding.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:

@eustressor said:

@skiphunt said:

After some very quick tests, y axis mod seems fine. My only guess is that what you are trying to do may have some positive and negative modulation cancelling out somewhere :)

• @skiphunt said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:

@eustressor said:

@skiphunt said:

Was "time writer" yours? It's a nice one, but it's the first one I noticed that there was no change in y axis sliding.

Nope not mine.

• @skiphunt

Ok from what I can see.

The first y axis mod isn't really doing much if Osc lvl at -0.2 or I knocked it from zero?
    The second and third would not have a major impact with the other settings as they are.

So just a great patch with little Y mod :)

• I term it 'legacy modulation' with mine. Say I'm working on a preset and have what I want, I often just leave other settings as they are. Maybe that's what happened? :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @skiphunt

Ok from what I can see.

The first y axis mod isn't really doing much if Osc lvl at -0.2 or I knocked it from zero?
    The second and third would not have a major impact with the other settings as they are.

Try the one someone here did called "time writer" and tell me if you're getting any y-axis modulation at all. I've tried several different adjustments to the y-axis mod panel with pitch lock turned off.. but nothing seems to effect the y-axis slide sound.

Not important... just a puzzle I can't figure out. :)

• @skiphunt said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @skiphunt

Ok from what I can see.

Try the one someone here did called "time writer" and tell me if you're getting any y-axis modulation at all. I've tried several different adjustments to the y-axis mod panel with pitch lock turned off.. but nothing seems to effect the y-axis slide sound.

Not important... just a puzzle I can't figure out. :)

That's the one I'm talking about. The settings would not make a big difference :)