Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another Gadget update about to drop? Multi-channel MIDI? (UPDATE: IT'S HERE!!!)

Korg nanoKontrol Studio is now in stock and shipping from several online shops. Didn't someone from Korg mention that they couldn't get multi MIDI done in time for Gadget 2.0 release but it was coming soon? Wouldn't it be required for the nanoKontrol Studio to work?

I think at least there would have to be an update to allow for MIDI control of the mixer, right?

Hitting refresh on the app store.

Comments

• Multi MIDI would basically be the answer to most of my problems in that I could use Cubasis to sequence Gadget devices (which tbf are all about as good as any standalone synth I'm likely to use). And because it's all held in one project I could get total patch recall as well.

• Not necessarily. I can see both new controllers from korg working without multichannel MIDI.

• @Lacm1993 said:
    Not necessarily. I can see both new controllers from korg working without multichannel MIDI.

You at least need midi control of the mixer and transport, right?

• I think Lacm1993's point is that you could assign/control the separate sliders using different MIDI Command/Control (CC) numbers, wouldn't have to change MIDI channel to do that.

• Well midi control of the faders would be new. I'm looking out for an update, fingers crossed for multi midi.

• https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/articles/207959903-What-s-new-in-Version-2

KORG app
    February 16, 2016 07:28
    Hi Gunars, Although we also wanted to support the multichannel midi support this time, we realized it takes time to develop to stabilize it...sorry about that. But, it will be supported in the next update along with our new MIDI controller shipment, so please stay tuned!

• @gburks said:
    https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/articles/207959903-What-s-new-in-Version-2

KORG app
    Hi Gunars, Although we also wanted to support the multichannel midi support this time, we realized it takes time to develop to stabilize it...sorry about that. But, it will be supported in the next update along with our new MIDI controller shipment, so please stay tuned!

Great news

• And there we have it!!!!!!!!

• Korg nanoKontrol Studio, firmware update required...

• @gburks said:
    https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/articles/207959903-What-s-new-in-Version-2

KORG app

That's really good news. I wonder if they'll put a chastity belt on the rest of the Korg apps.

• Advanced MIDI with per channel and inputs is here!

• This is really cool.... :)

• Does it work with NanoKontrol2 (not studio version)? Just tried it with mine, briefly, and no luck. Hopefully I missed something.

• Time to get learning Different Drummer (again), works pretty nicely as input to Gadget now.

• @AndyE said:
    Does it work with NanoKontrol2 (not studio version)? Just tried it with mine, briefly, and no luck. Hopefully I missed something.

Did you activate "advanced" midi parameters ? Then select device and midi channel ?

• Hi crony. Yes, it allowed me to do those things. It recognised the NanoKontrol2 and I assigned a midi channel to a given slider. But It didn't work. Maybe the update is specifically for the 'Studio' version. Or maybe I'm a fool. Either is possible.

• edited March 2016

Hmm...I thought midi learn was integrated on the mixtable now, as a workaround, but still "only" on the synhs as far as I get it...

• Yes. I assumed midi learn would be available on the mixer and transport section. Maybe it automatically assigns everything on the 'Studio' version but not on the standard (mini) version.

• This is really good. I wonder if we could hope for multiple audio outs for the icing on the cake?

• Yay!!!

Not tried it myself yet - but this opens up loads of possibilities.

• ModStep > Gadget for live pattern play (which you could record the midi of)

• Auxy iPad > Gadget

• SoundPrism > Gadget

• A massive MidiDesigner Pro template with, say, 8 controllers x 8 channels pointed at 8 tracks of Gadget - would allow for live automation of multiple parameters across your whole track

• Fugue - as above.

Etc

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Yay!!!

Not tried it myself yet - but this opens up loads of possibilities.

• ModStep > Gadget for live pattern play (which you could record the midi of)

• Auxy iPad > Gadget

• SoundPrism > Gadget

• A massive MidiDesigner Pro template with, say, 8 controllers x 8 channels pointed at 8 tracks of Gadget - would allow for live automation of multiple parameters across your whole track

• Fugue - as above.

Etc

B)

• edited March 2016

This update doesn't seem to have multi channel midi input though ...
    so most of these ideas are still for the future?

edit: oha, the future IS here!
    Did not see this at first as I could not just activate more than one channel by using the ususal midi button. But turn on advanced midi in preferences, and lots of midi options appear.
    Multi channels after all! yeah!

• @nick said:

It does. Turn on Advanced MIDI & select the appropriate ports and inputs on the mixer.

• @sleepless said:

@nick said:

It does. Turn on Advanced MIDI & select the appropriate ports and inputs on the mixer.

yep, found it meanwhile, thanks!

• @gburks said:
    Korg nanoKontrol Studio, firmware update required...

I connected my new nanoKontrol Studio, and Gadget told me a firmware update was required. I clicked OK, which just took me to the Korg homepage. I couldn't find the firmware update anywhere on their site, on the nano's download page, etc.

Anyone else have the new nanoKontrol Studio? Any idea where to find the firmware update?

• edited March 2016

You could design the most amazing control surface for Gadget.

Especially with the screen space you get on an iPad Pro

You could have 2 or 3 keyboards or pads set up with an easy switch to change channels. Plus lots and lots of parameter knobs.

TB Midi Stuff or Midi Designer Pro (unless I get up to speed with Lemur).

• And now you can set audio latency down to 128 which makes it great with my new microKEY Air :smiley:

Of course I still need to mention that we don't have audio tracks as promised 2 years ago :wink: but my hat of to KORG regardless of this, they have really created a great piece of software and they are the only one of the large synth manufacturers that have wholeheartedly embraced iOS music making with both hardware and software.

WAY TO GO KORG

• edited March 2016

Yep. Korg rocks.

I think one of Gadget's key strengths is its rock solid stability.

You could now use it as an up to 16 track sound module - maybe 4 or 5 instruments and then a load of sample players, drums and effects etc.

You could play all of that, Ableton live style, with ModStep (Linked) - and then have a big master control surface built in mid designer pro for live modulation. Could be great accross an iPad and iPad mini.

If you created many, many scenes in Gadget up front and hit record it would record your whole performance as midi for later tweaking.

That's gotta be as close to Ableton Live on an iPad as we have yet.

And surely pretty amazing potential for live performances (with just 2 or 3 apps to set up).

• Anyone who has updated, is it still stable / trouble free ? I'm in the middle of a big Gadget project and don't want to jeopardise things - Ta.

Any other new features beside the MIDI stuff ?