Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget iCloud Sync

The iM1 gadget isn't available on the iPhone, so does anyone know what happens to your iM1 tracks when you iCloud sync a project from your iPad to your iPhone?

Comments

• Turns your Iphone into a Nokia 3210... :D

• Even though you cannot purchase iM1 for iPhone, you can get into Gadget for iPhone using remote install. Instructions here:
    https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/articles/207993643-Remote-Install-Instruction

• @crony said:
    Turns your Iphone into a Nokia 3210... :D

What, makes the battery last ALL day?

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Even though you cannot purchase iM1 for iPhone, you can get into Gadget for iPhone using remote install. Instructions here:
    https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/articles/207993643-Remote-Install-Instruction

I've followed the instructions but there is no option to buy Darwin in the iPhone version of Gadget (as per instructions). I'm using the 6S. Maybe it's only available on the 6S Plus?

• I have a 6S and have Darwin, so it's there

• Strange, it just doesn't appear in the list for me. So did you do the cloud sync routine to get it on the phone?

• edited March 2016

It doesn't work for me either. Seems to be like a 1 in 10 success rate, judging by the results here and at the Korg forum.

iPad mini 2 / 6s. Uninstalled, reinstalled, checked Cloud files, nothing uploaded so nothing to sync down.

• I would love to see the same iCloud backup that exists for projects implemented on the user patches/kits/looper slices.

• edited March 2016

For me I find:

• I have to enable the iCloud
    • then I make sure to save the project
    • and open another project
    • then re-open the original project
    • and save it again.

I am not sure if I have to do all of those options or if I just have to wait a bit, but it always works if I do it that way and once it syncs I just make sure to save and it updates on the other device. At least that is my experience without really testing all the possibilities.
  • I downloaded Darwin to my iPhone 6 when Gadget first showed up on the phone.I followed the directions but I remember it took a few tries before it worked. I don't remember a lot of details but there weren't any other problems that I recall. You don't actually purchase Darwin you transfer it.

Keep trying, it worked for me.

• edited March 2016

I have an iPad2. I actually made the leap and upgraded it to iOS 9.3, partially so I could try a remote install of Darwin to my iPhone 6s. (Also, I found an article where they tested it and found that it wasn't considerably better or worse than iOS8 on iPad2).

Doing this allowed me to get the Remote Install icon to pop up in the Gadgets menu. But so far it had failed every time. It tells me to restart Gadget (on my phone, I guess). Both devices are 9.3 now, both on the same WiFi network, both with the same Apple ID, and both have the "Disable Auto-Lock" turned on. Kind of at a loss as to what else I can try, but I will keep working at it.

iM1/Darwin is actually one of the more useful Gadgets for me, so it would be nice to get it working on iPhone, which, for now at least, is my much faster device.

• I don't know what changed as of today, but now I see Darwin in the Gadget list. I go to sync from a iPad Mini 2 and it constantly fails. So I fire up Gadget on an iPad 3 and enable iCloud - sync now works!

Odd as hell, but now I'm juiced to have Darwin on the 6.

• @Empolo said:
    I'm juiced to have Darwin on the 6.

Don't know what Chuck would make of it but half the makings of a good line there....

• I did it on my 6s with no problem when the update first came out to make it avail on iPhone, not sure what the difference would be.

• Okay I give up, how do I actually cloud sync a track?

• Any hints? No amount of rubbing those little blue clouds has done me a darn bit of good.

• Hmm, one of the tracks has turned up now, though it's taken more than 5 hours, no sign of the others though...

• Does the cloud have to be blue or grey to show it is synced?

• @JiggyWig said:
    Hmm, one of the tracks has turned up now, though it's taken more than 5 hours, no sign of the others though...

Yeah it took a while at first, now when I save a synced file though it does update across devices which is really nice. Haven't tried syncing another yet.

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Does the cloud have to be blue or grey to show it is synced?

The blue is for the cloud synced track. The other tracks I tried to sync have shown up now.
    I can't believe how slow it is, if it doesn't speed up it's next to useless.

Will try syncing a change back a bit later.

• I just turned all my gadget tracks on iPhone to grey and all my iPad tracks have disappeared! Even the ones made on iPad

• I made a track on iPhone used samples from audio copy then put it in iCloud to work on iPad and the samples didn't follow. Any ideas?

• @stormywaterz said:
    I made a track on iPhone used samples from audio copy then put it in iCloud to work on iPad and the samples didn't follow. Any ideas?

Yeah they havent added that functionality yet so you have to load the samples on each device separately

• edited April 2016

@Empolo said:
    I don't know what changed as of today, but now I see Darwin in the Gadget list. I go to sync from a iPad Mini 2 and it constantly fails. So I fire up Gadget on an iPad 3 and enable iCloud - sync now works!

Odd as hell, but now I'm juiced to have Darwin on the 6.

What do you mean "enable iCloud"? Is there some settings menu slider for that somewhere?

I've tried all the steps - iPad2 to iPhone 6s still no go. Gives me connection failed message every time :(

• Hey Peeps,

This thread still doesn't contain any clear answers on how to sync Gadget projects between devices.

Are they blue or grey on 1st device when successfully synced?
    Where are they located on 2nd device when synced?

I'm sure it's easy when you know how, but A step list would be great.

Cheers

• edited July 2016

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Peeps,

This thread still doesn't contain any clear answers on how to sync Gadget projects between devices.

Are they blue or grey on 1st device when successfully synced?
    Where are they located on 2nd device when synced?

I'm sure it's easy when you know how, but A step list would be great.

Cheers

Brand new project is grey, once to the cloud it's blue and available on all appropriate devices. I just did a quick test...a new file saved on iPad Gadget and then to the cloud, took about 3 minutes for me to see in Gadget on the iPhone. I'm sure that time will vary quite a bit depending upon wifi, etc. I don't use the sampler gadgets, Bilbao and Abu Dhabi so can't speak to how well the cloud thingy deals with projects that contain audio. I do have Module, and iM1 though and haven't had any issues between devices.

Edit -- I didn't answer this in the above...
    << Where are they located on 2nd device when synced?
    All projects will show up under the "Open" menu. I'm assuming that a newly iCloud saved project won't be stored on the 2nd device until it's opened/downloaded in Gadget.

• Cheers @TozBourne

Appreciate the info.

• Does anyone know if the icloud backup feature has been enhanced in anyway since the recent massive updates?

• I was wondering about a Gadget/iCloud issue myself this week -- on my iPad, iM1 and Darwin both have all the IAP preset cards I bought last year (Akira, the T1 cards, etc) -- but on Gadget on my iPhone, Darwin only has the 7 core cards available (plus the 4 Library cards). So, are the IAP cards only available inside iPad Darwin and not inside iPhone Darwin? I tried syncing a Gadget project which uses some of those presets from my Pad to my Phone via icloud, but when opened in Phone Gadget the presets had reverted to already-available choices from the main seven cards.

• @JonLewis said:
    I was wondering about a Gadget/iCloud issue myself this week -- on my iPad, iM1 and Darwin both have all the IAP preset cards I bought last year (Akira, the T1 cards, etc) -- but on Gadget on my iPhone, Darwin only has the 7 core cards available (plus the 4 Library cards). So, are the IAP cards only available inside iPad Darwin and not inside iPhone Darwin? I tried syncing a Gadget project which uses some of those presets from my Pad to my Phone via icloud, but when opened in Phone Gadget the presets had reverted to already-available choices from the main seven cards.

I think you have to re-do the side loading thingy for that to install the dlc