Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video tutorial..getting soundfonts into bs-16i..using only your iPad

Many thanks must go to the members of this forum who were all active in the threads concerning my questions on soundfonts and how to get them...I mention and feature the members and threads incolved in the video..I hope other people find this useful..thanks everyone for your invaluable help...Doug

PS If forgot to mention anyone..my apologies....

Comments

• @thesoundtestroom How you liking BS-16i

• Just wanted to mention (also in this thread), that you don't need GoodReader, if you already have AudioShare :)

Simply open the ZIP in AudioShare, long-press it and choose "UnZip". Then tap the sf2 file and press the big open-in icon and choose bs16i, or Gestrument (which can also open soundfonts).

• edited August 2013

@JMSexton I'm lovin it..actually the stock sounds are really good, but the ability to use soundfonts puts it in another league..pretty soon I'm gonna do a video about absolute esential iOS apps you need for making and producing music..this may be in my list...
    @j_liljedahl I never knew that..if I had I wouln't have bought GoodReader although its cool for lots of other stuff..I would have highlighted AudioShare instead as I think your brilliant app is without a doubt one of the essential music apps to have..so thats already on my list..

• @thesoundtestroom - I'm pretty sure you will find several more uses for GoodReader, quite a few of us around here use, obviously AudioShare is almost always used in the case of audio related work

• @thesoundtestroom - and an idea just popped in my mind. GoodReader is great for uploading/downloading off a web storage server (Dropbox, Box.net, SkyDrive), especially if you have multiple accounts it'll keep you signed in and will open up your file/folder list with the ability to download and/or upload multiple files at once instead of one file at a time. A lot of times if I need space on iPad I'll put a group of sounds or whatever together zip them up and put them in online storage. The main thing is multiple files, most of the time it's a single file at a time even with some of the storage places own apps

• Ya just sold me on BS-16i. Thanks?

• @thesoundstestroom: Great job, Doug, and thanks for the mention! :)

• @thesoundtestroom: No problem :) I'm glad I got the opportunity to tell you about a feature that I obviously haven't highlighted or documented enough.

• You should push that one....and what is the next AUFX planned....man you do make awesome apps..