Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• so can you plug a use stick into this adapter with samples, and load directly into the iPad, or is that still locked by Apple?

• They say you can use an SD card etc

• That's good news!

Nerd trivia: That's a pic of the upcoming version of Modstep by the way.

• That's really great. I just paid $50 for an old, new one 2 months ago!

• @Carnbot said:
    That's good news!

Nerd trivia: That's a pic of the upcoming version of Modstep by the way.

Lush! (Not you BTW, ModStep is the lush!)

• It's fine until the next generation of iPad that does away with the 3.5mm audio jack ... And apple change the charge socket again :s :D

• It looks like the new one isn't compatible with iPhones. At least it doesn't list any phones under compatibility while for the older model all lightning port equipped iPhones are listed as compatible. I was going to sell the old one but now I think I'll have to keep it for the phone. Would be good to know if it actually does work on the phone and they simply forgot to mention it. Crossing fingers...

• ^ None of the USB - iOS adapters have officially been supported for iPhone, but they work anyway. I'm hoping for the same with this one.

• Mine should be arriving tomorrow. I'll report back if it works with iPhone if someone hasn't already by then. I'm actually more worried about potential ground loop issues like laptops sometimes have, but at worst one should be able to use a battery bank with it to keep the iOS devices charged longer than what the internal battery allows.

• unfortunately not :/

• edited March 2016

@Munibeast said:
    Not true.

well, I stand corrected. I sure hope that doesn't mean this new adapter won't work on iPhone :-/

On topic of the adapter itself: USB 3 speeds for transfers is a huge upgrade. too bad it is only for the (real -12.9") iPad Pro.

• It says not supported by "this" iPhone. What an odd choice of phrasing.

• @cblomert said:
    unfortunately not :/

which iPhone?

• I'm chatting with Apple Store now to find out...

• iphone 6+, haven't tested with other generations yet

• edited March 2016

Damn, Apple, so close but no banana! What a let down! Thanks for testing it out @cblomert

• The chat was the most annoying experience ever! They ended up closing the chat and referring me to the Apogee Duet. WTF. :rage:

• How can we let Apple know we want to use it with iPhones too?

• @Munibeast said:
    How can we let Apple know we want to use it with iPhones too?

please tell them I want night shift on my iphone 4s as well. thank you!

• Personally, I couldn't care less about nightshift.

• Modstep pic looks awesome, wonder when it will be released

• In the comments section on CDM someone says it works with their iphone 5.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    In the comments section on CDM someone says it works with their iphone 5.

hope it will work with the 5s then.Although i don't care too much about my phone (but mainly because the battery is empty in lightspeed when using demanding stuff,unlike the ipad battery),i'm just happy there is a solution at least for ipad now..

• edited March 2016

aaah it might be about how much power the USB device needs? I was trying the iPhone 6+ with the same setup as previously with the iPad Pro, a Xone K2. maybe some smaller USB devices work fine while still charging the phone (it did charge in my test as well)

• Great news. I wish this adaptor would allow me to use my Scarlett 2i2 with my iPad Mini 2. But I have a feeling that it won't because I bought the Scarlett when it first came out in 2011. Never had any luck using a powered hub either.

• @cblomert said:
    aaah it might be about how much power the USB device needs? I was trying the iPhone 6+ with the same setup as previously with the iPad Pro, a Xone K2. maybe some smaller USB devices work fine while still charging the phone (it did charge in my test as well)

Do you have anything less power hungry to try? Maybe something that doesn't usually need a powered hub?

• Just want to confirm this new adapter works fine with an iPhone 6s running iOS 9.3, charges and powers. It does not work with an iPhone 5 running iOS 8 however...