Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I hope you appreciate this forum

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013

Well part of the problem in "that" forum was the disrespectful conduct of an admin/blogger/developer. It wasnt just random assholery - it was someone who is part of the iOS music community abusing her/his position to bad-mouth another developer's competing app.

That made me very sad. I don't want to re-open the can of worms, but the problem was something other than your average Internet rudeness.

• @sealpt I see you approved me. Thanks Shawn! :-)

• Gotcha covered Audiojunkie! Welcome aboard.

I have to say that in the 8 months I have been in that group there have been maybe one other incident like that. People have their own opinions on issues and things. I am usually looking at the page quite a bit but was really busy the day the incident happened.

Things sometimes just heat up in any group. I'm sure we can all agree on that. Sorry things got out of hand Eyeball.

• Since the administrator named the forum, I can say that he personally emailed me with apologies for the altercation. Thanks again Shawn. Hopefully this ends all negativity on this thread. Lets make music.

• Thank you Daniel, I agree .... Rock on!... or dub, or ambient, or jazz.. well.. or any kind of music! LOL!

Also, Audiobus rocks the house!

• This is the most interesting IOS music forum I know, and I visit every day. Best place for news, and plenty of devs taking part as well.
    I look at KVR too, but don't take part, too much android and hardware talk.
    And yes, I check Discchord, IOS Mars, Palm Sounds on a daily basis too.

Still trying to ignore the existence of FaceBook though...life is tough...

• edited August 2013

@Sealpt Lol. To avoid confusion my name is Morris. I use Daniel on that Facebook account to avoid friend request from family and friends. It's used strictly for music.

• @mgmg4871, sorry about that. Well... nice to meet you Morris. :-)

• I have no use for Facebook either, @mmp. Hate it, actually. Probably because I'm old.

• @sealpt - Thanks VERY much, no apology necessary. I see what happened as an incident; I don't even hold it against the person/people responsible. It happened, but it's over.

I still frequent the fb group. Groups on fb have really taken off this year, and that has meant growing pains for many different groups there.

I enjoy the mix of veterans and beginners on the fb iOS musicians group. It's refreshing to see people just starting out, so excited by the possibilities... And then they try to clock sync DM1 to BM2, and disillusionment sets in... ;)

• I'll tell ya, the ipad and all that have saved me musically. I was pretty much done writing. Just no time. Then I got the ipad and I try to write everyday on the lunch hour. Tons of fun. Audiobus certainly helped out with that too in a huge way.

I have yet to use the clock sync thing. I know there have been some issues with some of that stuff. I think the whole scene is still pretty young but growing up fast, that's for sure.

• Just to think, I got the ipad for something totally unrelated to music, and now 90% of its usage is music.

• @cheesesteak: LOL, same affliction here...

• I know what you mean. My friend told me when I got the ipad I would never put it down.. I sort of dabbled with a few music apps like garage band, but never really got into the groove of things. Then I got nanostudio and was still not quite there. Beatmaker 2 really got me moving, then Auria. Then when audiobus came out everything that was holding me back was just turned loose and the sky was the limit. Now that Ipad goes with me everywhere. I use that thing daily! So much fun. I wish there was more time to really dig in.

• My iPad is rarely away from me, and like Morris, my original intent was something other than music. I planned on using it for work.....lol! And as with Morris, 90%..or more is for music. I have the stock Apple apps that can't be deleted, and a few utilities, which are mostly used for music, a few photo apps, and the rest is all music.

• @funjunkie How did that using ipad for work work out for you. Lol

• I remember that @Flo26. While I'm still not convinced you aren't that dev (I joke, I kid), I apologize for the role I played there. And yes, you were a little snarky, but I imagine I would be too if strangers started calling me a liar in a public forum. If I can ever help you out please PM me and I'll try to be extra responsive if I see you post here to make up for the kerfuffle. Cheers ;-)

• @Boone51 ..you said kerfluffle hahaha

@Flo26 - I too apologize for my role there, it seemed all suspicious at first but understand your reaction and feelings. Hope you learn to feel welcome here and free to jump in the conversation to offer ideas and such!

• +1 For welcome @Flo26

• I don't believe I was ever involved in the issues you experienced @Flo26, but I too want you to feel welcomed and appreciate your presence here. :-)

• To help get past this may make this one of the best threads in this forum. I hope you feel at home with all of us @Flo26.

• Group hug!!! Yeah! :)

• edited August 2013

Using a written medium, with participants not all sharing the same first language, there is always scope for misunderstanding and giving/taking offence. What's important is a willingness to offer and accept apology. That willingness is one of the things that makes this forum special.

• Right on, Washboy. It's no IMDB, that's for sure.