Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wishes...

I wish we could take parts of apps and have them as single standalone apps...

-NanoStudio's Eden Synth

-Combo of BM2 & NanoStudio's Drum Pads/Samplers & Chop Labs

-NanoStudio's Midi Sequencer

-Auria's Effects

-BM2's Keyboard Sampler

-Cassini's Delay (and Arp?)

...any others?

Comments

• Filtatron's filter :)

• Great ones! I'm trying to think of others...

• Auria's audio editing and automation

• @AudioJunkie - me too, I know there are ones I'm missing!

• It would also be nice if we could take all of these things and put them into a single app (maybe even better than separating them). :-)

• edited August 2013

the time stretching capabilities of Loopy.

• Nanostudio's actual wav editor with auria and Hokusai's capabilities.

Anomoog's keyboard

• I tried to get Matt @ Blip to release the NS effects rack as a stand alone app. Sound good, almost no resources. He didn't bite. :)

• I'm curious to see what comes of NanoStudio 2

• UI for modulation as in Launchkey. I'm also curious on what NS2 will bring.

• @JMSexton Me too. Same with BeatMaker 3 (hopefully a full GUI rewrite). :-)

• I wish Samplr would update!

• @CSwinn wasn't there word of one a month or two ago for Samplr...what happened?

• I wish I knew, I emailed him many moons ago and only received a polite, "I'm working on it" response. Just a simple play/pause/stop button is all I really want, anything else would just be icing on the cake.

• I think the app is great and very creative but give my an idea how you use it, I know everyone uses it differently so I'm just curious.

• I typically just make a little jam with Audiobus and Loopy and then move all the clips over via ACP. The thing I like about Samplr is cutting the sample (particularly drums) into 4/8/16/32's and changing between them to give the part dynamics. I also just mangle the filters and effects like a child doodling on an etch a sketch. Here's a video I made.

• garageband's smart drums where i could actually go back and edit the midi data, or add my own kit. this is actually my favorite part of iOS garageband.

impaktor, but with an editor so i can delete parts where it hears my neighbors dog. maybe i've missed that? but i love using my sticks on my desk.

ipulsaret to just be an effect without having to latch a note, and lighter cpu use on my mini.

something like my circuit bent sk-1 to play into it with a keyboard and have the audio osculate on it's own... or to play my guitar through to filter it and hear how it could sound... speaking of i'd love a replica atari punk console with a step sequencer but now i'm getting off track.

also not so much related to what Jarrett was asking but i wish audioshare could be able to upload to box.com and skydive. other than that i adore audioshare and have bought all of jonathan's apps because of audioshare... except for aufx:dub and thats just waiting on extra cash.

that's all nitpicky stuff. because of audiobus i love plugging my guitar, midi keyboard, nanopad2, and mic into my mini and working on music. B.A.(before audiobus) i'd just record my ex girlfriend when she'd play my guitar and mix her songs, or record my own stuff when she bugged me enough. the bus made it fun again.

• edited March 2014

• edited August 2013

Loopy's capture and track length controls with Novation launchkey's clip grid. Being able to capture, toggle between and/or midi sequence 64+ loops. Yum. Hell, lets go ahead and add auria's mixer in there.

Funkbox' MIDI implementation. For all.

I'd like to take the audiobus from the audiobus app and stick it inside of my DAW of choice (Auria at the moment but I'd jump ship in a heartbeat for this feature). Make a track, select an app, it launches the app. If I want an effect app(s) on it, I get to them from that track's effects slot. No audiobus app involved (it's involved, I just don't see it as it's baked into my daw). $10 IAP in the daw app to add the functionality - even if I own audiobus stand alone already. I'd pay double in a heart beat.

• @syrupcore the future is here soon ;)

• ^So how excited should we be as iOS musicians? Is this on the level of how our minds were blown when Audiobus arrived?

Or more ... yawn, just another option for doing what we've already been doing with Audiobus?

• Oh snap is right!

• @j_liljedahl Were you referring to this?!?:

I'd like to take the audiobus from the audiobus app and stick it inside of my DAW of choice (Auria at the moment but I'd jump ship in a heartbeat for this feature). Make a track, select an app, it launches the app. If I want an effect app(s) on it, I get to them from that track's effects slot. No audiobus app involved (it's involved, I just don't see it as it's baked into my daw).

Oh Please, Please, PLEASE say yes and mean it!!!!!

• @Audiojunkie I believe so..

On another note, I wouldn't ask for anymore details though were all drooling at the mouth, because it was a favor that he offered us that much and he truly can't elaborate on it. We should just take it as a nice gesture!

• Cool with me! :-)