Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sounds of the Earth

edited March 2016 in Creations

A brief field recording of spring sounds this morning.

Because every once in a while we need to unplug and just... hear.

Anyone else enjoy recording nature sounds?

Comments

• Of course, all iOS. Recorded on iPhone.

Post processing In AUM on iPad ... Compressed the heck outta those birds. And high pass filter on the highway noise ;-)

• This makes me happy.

• And me smile

• @nathan The weather is too nice to stay inside today, but thanks for the idea of actually "using" this in music. I created it more as a completed work in itself... Now I'm thinking about bird chirp samples, haha

• edited March 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    This makes me happy.

@obiwahnkentobi said:
    And me smile

And I must agree with you both. Not about the production, but the experience. My life improved when I recognized that my well-being increases when spending undistracted time taking in the open sky and surroundings.

• Yup, even on crappy weather days I force myself outside because I enjoy it so much and it makes me feel better, think better, create better... I rarely make field recordings (or take photos) because it ruins the "in the moment" nature of my journeys. But when I do, it's usually because the noise is so amazing that I can't avoid capturing it. Just incorporated the amazing din of mating frogs at a pond in the springtime into a song this past week and it is glorious.

Great post!