Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I hope you appreciate this forum

I made a huge mistake joining a IOS music group, but one thing it did is make me appreciate what we have here. Yeah we have occasional flare ups and spam ever so often, but never total disrespect. Good to be home.

Comments

• Seeing as the people you're complaining about are all members here, I don't see your point.

• edited August 2013

My point is we never had that level of disrespect as of yet. Also I was appreciating this forum. Seems like a obvious point.

• guys, get a looper. you don't need groups anymore. that's past.

that's why i love loopers so much. they never disappoint me. specially if there's such a great developer as michael after it.

• I definitely appreciate this forum! I've learned a lot from it, and @mgmg4871 is right in regards to the level of civility here compared to many of the others.

• @funjunkie27 What was the iOS Group? I'm always looking for other groups, but I haven't found any as good as this one--maybe that's why I'm so passionate about things such as spam when I see it here. ;-)

• @Auudiojunkie - that was @mgmg4871 that visited another iOS Group. I've Chicken out a few others but none that I like better than AB.

• Whoops! Correct you are! Sorry... @mgmg4871 How about you? :-) What was the group? :-)

• I wouldn't want to name the group. I just made a personal chose not to be affiliated.

• Love these forums. Only one I check regularly. Maybe it's so copacetic because its a fusion of so many genres and not geared specificly to one app (other than what binds them all of course). Something to learn from at every turn here in this diverse community IMO.

• @boone51 Agreed! I check nearly hourly and am disappointed when there aren't new messages. Haha! :-)

• This has really become more of a music forum, which isn't too surprising, since AB practically touches the entire spectrum.

• Completely agree @mgmg4871. Although I don't contribute much, I check here every day and am always interested in what people have to say.

• @mgmg4871 thanks for posting this. This is def my favorite forum. Feels like a real community.

• I check other places every now and then..but this is the only place I post on..maybe the odd reply to one of my videos on Discchord..and its the only place I ever post videos..I think its such a great place to hang out because nearly everyone is cool, and new users always get treated with great respect..probably one of the reasons they come back, that and the fact that you can find out nearly everything you need to know right here and in my experience questions are always answered within half an hour..you go to some forums and there hasn't been a post in like a week..lets all keep up the good work..

• Hey guys. I don't know anything about the bits of drama mentioned above but it's sure nice to have you here. :)

• edited March 2014

• Agreed. My first daily stop is AB Forum, followed by Palm Sounds, then Discchord for that unique perspective @Simon mentioned. Sometimes I'll link through palm sound to reviews and other posts by iOS Music App Blog, Smite Matter, iOS Music & You but my everyday...I mean every hour stop is Audiobus then the other two mentioned

• @Simon I totally agree I visit Disschord at least once a day, there are tons of great videos on there...including some of mine lol....and Palm is cool too, but this is the only place I post and really get involved..I love the way it feels like we all know each other and we get some really diverse and interesting things going on here that dont have anything to do with Audiobus..

• This is the only forum I have ever joined and posted in,some really cool and interesting stuff going
    On here,even if it occasionally gets hot,the flames are quickly put out and I love the way Dev's and Users Interact with each other,for me @Guitarism has completely rewrote the book,on Openness and honesty so nothing but love and peace to all you guys on this fragile world we all live in.

• I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to synths and midi and a lot of the stuff you guys talk about. My experience is with rock and metal guitar. So I appreciate this forum as an educational launching pad. I'm learning a lot.

• edited August 2013

This place and Disccord are where both users and a lot of devs hang out, besides a devs own forum or Facebook, so both places are great for devs/users to get/give feedback. I think it's mostly the fact that these two places don't have moderators and a bunch of rules and silly censorship in place and in your face. Which can cause some wild "discussions" obviously, but that's only making things a bit more interesting lol. But in the end we're all adults (and lunatics..) so it all usually sorts itself out. :)

• My daily visits are to Discchord, Palm Sounds and this site. Every site has its own beauty. iOS music is still a baby platform so all iOS musicians should just try and have an open mind about each muso's music and how they approach things. Peace

• All the above. In fact, I probably get most of my community connection here, whether I am struck with a need to post or not. These are exciting days, feeling around for how to make this new genre of music production get to its majority alongside the traditional (and much older) instruments. And a lot of that gets hashed out here.

Thanks all, and of course @Sebastian for making this place possible.

• I think this is a good forum due to the (generally) civil people who post here, and the fact that many app developers participate in the discussions.

The posts on Tim's Discchord blog often generate some interesting discussion, too.

I used to check out the mobile app forum on KVR Audio every once in a while but it seemed like there was always some people being assholes and shitting up threads.

• I think i know that iOS group. If it's a facebook group, im pretty sure i know it , cos i'm a member there.Did the incident of disrespect involve disrespect towards a developer?
    And only one person out 600+ members did this?
    I ve been a member there for months, and the amount of help provided is enormous.Just like here.
    Personally i think both this forum here and that "disrespectful" group are essential for us.
    So, provided that i am being correct about the FB group (if you mean another group, im sorry) it's a bit unfair talking about disrespect , when one person out of 600+ members did what he did (and they have a history).

• I think I I've said this before. There's more Cubasis activity here than in the Cubasis forum.

• @StygianPulse I'm a 10+ year veteran of KVRAudio. It is a great forum, but there are times when things get heated. Overall though, I really like it! However, for mobile/iOS discussions, the Audiobus forums are more alive. :-)

@Evangelos What is the iOS Group on Facebook that you are referring to? I may be a member of it, but I want to be sure (I'm always looking for good additional sources of information). :-)

• This is the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ipadmusician/

It is true that there was an implosion in the group earlier this week. I'm an admin over there and didn't know what was going on until after it was too late. I would have stepped in and put a stop to it. Very rarely do things get heated up over there and generally it is a great community to be a part of. Although I think 500 of the more than 600 people actually participate.

Some things just happen.

Shawn.

• @sealpt Thanks! I just requested to join. I am a member of another facebook group for ipad music/apps, but it doesn't have much traffic. :-)