Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One thing we know about the upcoming Cubasis 1.6

I follow Cubasis pretty closely on the Steinberg Cubasis forum (as I'm sure many of you do). I just noticed this post from Steinberg:

Re: 1.6
Postby crohde » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:51 am

Hello,

We are taking more time to release this update as the implemented changes require a big operation.
Here is a sneak preview of one of many things to come:
The audio engine has been optimized and works up to 2.5x faster depending on the project! This means that there will be more free processing power for you to use. :)
Best regards,

Carlos Mendoza Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Comments

• Since I only have an iPad 2, this sounds good to me!!! :-)

• Yea that'll be nice because after the last update CPU usage jumped up quite a bit!

• I like how this app is progressing :-)

• Me Too! It is currently my main DAW. :-)

• Cubasis, audulus, seems like there were others recently that have undergone "audio engine optimization" and i have to wonder what this means. Both companies touted the faster, lower cpu overhead so why is this just now happening? I imagine this is not at the expense of audio quality, but given the same hardware, same bit rates and sample frequencies, what are they doing? If any devs out there know, it would be interesting to know more.

• How about The Amazing Audio Engine :) i suspect Michael behind this :))))

• I actually doubt it. AFAIK, TAAE is just a framework for apps that include Audiobus. I could be completely wrong about this, but that is my understanding.......

• The UI...90% there but the midi edit window could still be improved??

Got to be a better way of editing notes and velocity values??

Audio edit window could have a loop feature?

Transport window..Audio and midi could be one touch copy/paste into audioshare??

And a note on audioshare....it's my hub!
    Everything gets saved into folders in here.
    All apps should have a copy/paste into audioshare feature...imho.

• I'd much rather see the new import from audioshare incorporated into Cubasis so I dont have to switch apps all the time. Audioshare is my hub as well. Cleverly programmed app.

@Audiojunkie, just pure speculation nothing more :) I skipped through the documentation when Michael released it. I am no programmer but for my understanding it looked to be more than just that. But who knows, I dont for sure :)

• edited August 2013

Audioshare already has the 'open in'(cubasis) feature.

Dooh....see what you mean now...took a second to register.

• No worries. Would save the hassle going over the media bay and audio import from audiopaste dialogue. Could see this incorporated directly into the media bay as a folder structure on its own.

• Yes @Oliverimseng.that makes a lot of sense.

• I would love to see the 2.5x improvements in the engine. My iPad 3 is currently maxed out with about 30 Audiotracks :) and my projects on the main DAW (Mac Pro) usually use between 45-60 tracks :)

• Automation please.I don't care about anything else yet.

• As I love automation I come to love the fact that you have to record it onto the Audiofile Live. Its a matter of decision, i will welcome automation once its here but I can live without it at the moment. 10-15 Years ago there was not that much of emphasis on automation and the tracks still sounded good.

• I want the ability to easily comp multiple audio takes like I've had on the desktop Cubase for over a decade. The audio editor in Cubasis has a lot of room for improvement.

• edited August 2013

There was a new hint on what else will be coming to Cubasis 1.6. See if you can guess what it is!

Are you able to give us a ballpark on when we might see 1.6...and, if possible, a feature list?

Postby crohde » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:41 am

I can't tell right now all the details but I will give you a number (it's not the launch date!) as a hint of what's in the update: 24.

Best regards,

Carlos Mendoza Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

Hamburg, Germany

• edited August 2013

So, what we know:

* The audio engine has been optimized and works up to 2.5x faster depending on the project! This means that there will be more free processing power for you to use.

* I can't tell right now all the details but I will give you a number (it's not the launch date!) as a hint of what's in the update: 24. (My guess is 24 bit audio).

• Seriously tho, 24 bit will be fantastic!

• Seems like there's more Cubasis activity in this Audiobus forum than there is on the Cubasis forum.

• Does AB only handle 16 bits at the mo?

Could ios 7/inter app audio be bringing 24 bits to AB?

• And/or the next AB upgrade.

• Any update is going to be kind of meaningless to me without better time sig and tempo support. I love Cubasis and am extremely glad I got rid of BM2 for it, but they are the most important things for me.

• How nice.But without automation (and better Fx) i still have to copy all the files over to Auria.And,as we all know,that will convert everything in 16Bit again...

• There's something to be said for 24 bit and higher INTERNAL processing, but 24 bit multitrack and mixdown won't make your music better as this article submitted by @funjunkie explains:

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Assuming this article is accurate, and I think it is, it would be great if Steinberg would focus on the functionality of their mobile DAW rather than flashy things like onboard synths and buzzword audio specs. Also we're on iPads, pushing the limits of our processors with synths and effects, with (relative) memory/storage limitations as it is, so now we can really go after it with 24/96?

I think, and could be completely wrong, but that their main focus is marketing, which of course they have to do. But what they seem to pour their resources into at this stage of the product just sucks.

• edited August 2013

Learned about Cubasis' trash bin this morning. Deleting files doesn't actually delete them from disk. They get moved to a recyclable area where they can be restored, if needed. I noticed that my iPad was down to 286 MB this morning and that Cubasis was taking up 6.8 GB. After reading the manual and making a couple of button presses, I recovered around 5.5 GB.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I hate that a long touch within a clip sets the ruler markers to that clip's boundaries. Hate it.

• @Cheesesteak,Really?even if you delete from trash?