Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Different Drummer timed recordings

edited March 2016 in Creations

Playing around with the improved timed recording interface in DD. This piece is 42 measures at 80bpm. I also wanted to try a progression using modes, so this is a repeat of G Ionian, D Mixolydian, E Aeolian, and then on the second pass adds B Phrygian.

Comments

• You are the DD king

• The thing is all of those modes are from the same G major scale. I kept thinking to myself if it's changing modes why does it sound the same all the way through the progression and then I looked at your modes and realized they are all out of the same G major scale.

• @yowza - yes, it was deliberate to use modes from the same G Maj scale. I wanted to see what effect that would have. It changes every 2 bars, but retains the same feel, since the same notes are used, but it does change the center and creates a more subtle change.

Thanks @Richtowns !

• Also, the percussion bits aren't locked, so it gives a tuned percussion feel.