Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum Session......It's here!! :) Yay

Comments

• Hmmmm. Will need to be good if it's not to be too late.

• Not heard about this one :o

• Any other links?

• Will it be the killer drum app like EZDrummer was for PC?

• Derek talks it up pretty good. Of course it's his app. But, I've listened to his songs, the ones he programs the drums for, mostly out of BeatMaker 2. They all sound really really good. Better than anything I can come up with. lol

I've downloaded some of his kits, and use them in Diode. They sound great.

From what he has said, it will be easy to use, so that's what I am going to like about it. Rock DM is easy for me to use, so if it's in that ball park, I'm going to be all warm and fuzzy.

I think it's a 1gb app right now though, so that will be an issue for most of us.....

• @theconnactic said:
    Will it be the killer drum app like EZDrummer was for PC?

I think he compares it to that a bit.

• edited March 2016

Not sure of any other links, here is some interesting dialog:

****Derek Buddemeyer**** I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the features this has...especially the midi capabilities...custom pad assignment...midi note assignment...note editor...I will seriously look into some options for you. Thanks!

_yes...it is iPhone friendly

Projected cost for the app?_

DB - $39.00

• DB - think EZ Drummer for your iPad....with quite a few enhancements. Nothing like this in the iOS world of drumming. 3 different professional kits with each piece meticulously recorded. EQ & Reverbs set to 12 different genres/styles...makes creating professional sounding drum tracks slick and easy. Packed with 3600 loops (with more loop packs available via IAP) or you can create your own. Connect to midi keyboard for even more control...live playing...recording...etc

• DB - .yes there are 3 kits (Arena, Basement, and Studio) all have EQ, room reverbs, and panning set. Each kit has 12 different genres (EQ & Room reverbs set accordingly) Metal, Hard Rock, Funk, Pop, Jazz, Disco, Indie, Blues Rock, Country, Ballad, etc... We will provide dry kits as well.

• I'm spamming my own Topic!

2 mo nths possibly for a time frame....

db.jpg 24.3K
  • Keep spamming. I'm interested :)

• @Nathan said:

@High5denied said:
    Projected cost for the app?_

DB - $39.00

Wow. For that, anyone who doesn't already have them can buy themselves three of the most popular, well reviewed, drum apps. And have change for an FX app!

True, I've got high hopes for this. He may be a guitar player like me, but dude can program some mean drum tracks that sound great. To each their own.

• edited March 2016

Indeed, if the app really turns out to be akin to 'EZ Drummer with enhancements' for $39, many will consider that a bargain.

• I wonder how many out channels it'll have - a stereo pair only?

• I really don't like drum loops at all which I read this app has. Hopefully you can program your own.
    $40 is too much for me and I fear this app may take up too much space on my iPad (no real proof of that) so I'm not all that excited but am happy to be proven wrong.

• @yowza said:
    I really don't like drum loops at all which I read this app has. Hopefully you can program your own.
    $40 is too much for me and I fear this app may take up too much space on my iPad (no real proof of that) so I'm not all that excited but am happy to be proven wrong.

That about covers it for me...

• Choice. That's what I love.

So many different ways to get your beat down B)

• edited March 2016

Ouch, that's not the kind of price tag I was hoping for. And I just bought iSpark and DrumPerfect Pro after Auria Pro... So many apps - so little time...

• If it turns out to be an app as professional as EZDrummer, with different articulations, mic settings and a good mixer, this pricetag is a bargain

• That link isn't working for me. Has he set up a special FB page for the app yet?

• @Seangarland said:

That link isn't working for me. Has he set up a special FB page for the app yet?

Same here.

• It's the ipad musicians FB page. I think since it's a closed group you need to be a member.

• It's basically a link to the 2nd image I posted. Where I said I was spamming my own thread. I posted the really really cool comments, so....You've seen what you need to see. ;) lol........

• @High5denied said:
    It's the ipad musicians FB page. I think since it's a closed group you need to be a member.

Got it. I'm not in that group, so that makes sense. I'm friends with him on FB, so I'll just stalk him there.

• @Seangarland said:

@High5denied said:
    It's the ipad musicians FB page. I think since it's a closed group you need to be a member.

Got it. I'm not in that group, so that makes sense. I'm friends with him on FB, so I'll just stalk him there.

That's a good idea. See what else you can get out of him. ;)

• Till we know what it does how well it does it and what it sounds like it's hard to say if the price represents value.

• If it comes close to EZ/Superior then it will be worth it. DP hasn't worked out for me and other drum apps lack in range. 1GB is not the same as the 20GB included in my old Drums From Hell vst but its a start.

• 'Drums from Hell' like that name B)

• Video or Sound examples???

• @Nathan said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Till we know what it does how well it does it and what it sounds like it's hard to say if the price represents value.

Sure, but what I mean is there will be many potential customers who are impressed with what the likes of Patterning, DrumPerfect Pro, DrumJam and iSpark, etc, etc, can already do, and won't be willing to gamble.

Each to our own, and every developer should charge whatever they think is appropriate. I just find it difficult to understand the thinking. It's like going into the baked bean business, where the nation's favourite(s) cost 50p a tin, and saying hey here's a seriously GREAT tin of baked beans for £2.

Lmao this really did make me laugh. I think like said can of beans, it's full of bottom burps :p as a comparison, but hey it may open another can of......