Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Electrify NXT alive apparantly.

Just saw this on their facebook page: "Many people are asking about the fate of Electrify NXT. You do deserve answers. I will come back to you with the plans of Electrify NXT shortly."

Comments

• This is good news for me :wink:

• "plans".
    I like plans.

• Electrify NXT and its developer are dead to me..... sorry, but that's how I feel about it.... Worse than Retronyms (and that's saying a lot). I will NEVER buy or recommend a product from that developer ever again.

Worst. Support. EVER!!!

• edited February 2016

Ambitious app, ahead of the hardware, only a couple updates and long silence. I can't take it personally: the app is incredible, only Modstep comes close... It's one of only handful of apps that have kept me from selling the iPad and moving fully onto surface pro

• I wish he would strip out the synth , beef up the sampling and sample editing capabilities, increase stability 10 fold and turn it into the best ableton live-ish app on iOS!

• The clip management wasn't very good. It was kind of messy. Clicks and pops with the fx or when clips would loop sometimes. I liked the app though, very cool concept. Would need to keep up with all the stuff like audiobus, ableton link ect. Anyway I'm keeping an eye on it. See where this goes.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Electrify NXT and its developer are dead to me..... sorry, but that's how I feel about it.... Worse than Retronyms (and that's saying a lot). I will NEVER buy or recommend a product from that developer ever again.

Worst. Support. EVER!!!

Man, Retronyms are a bunch of developers / designers, and the guy behing Electrify is just 1. Do you have any idea how hard it is to develop a full fledged app like NXT? :)

I personally don't like the looks of it (too thin and minority report like), but the app got balls :)) a lot of features packed inside.

I've seen the screenshot on his facebook and I must say, it looks very nice

• edited February 2016

@alecsbuga said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    Electrify NXT and its developer are dead to me..... sorry, but that's how I feel about it.... Worse than Retronyms (and that's saying a lot). I will NEVER buy or recommend a product from that developer ever again.

Worst. Support. EVER!!!

Man, Retronyms are a bunch of developers / designers, and the guy behing Electrify is just 1. Do you have any idea how hard it is to develop a full fledged app like NXT? :)

I personally don't like the looks of it (too thin and minority report like), but the app got balls :)) a lot of features packed inside.

Don't think the issue here is necessarily the development which was huge for a single person team Shame was it wasn't very well-documented very soon the dev disappeared and there was no communication on any channel. The initial development of the app was fine but the problems came with lack of some minor continued support (for a premium priced app) and some form of communication. Still I'm not giving up on this app yet - it has so much potential I'd audiobus SDK updated or Link added, but would think twice about buying a new app from Dev until some issues addressed. Sad but true....

• @skoptic said:

@alecsbuga said:

@Audiojunkie said:

Worst. Support. EVER!!!

Don't think the issue here is necessarily the development which was huge for a single person team Shame was it wasn't very well-documented very soon the dev disappeared and there was no communication on any channel. The initial development of the app was fine but the problems came with lack of some minor continued support (for a premium priced app) and some form of communication. Still I'm not giving up on this app yet - it has so much potential I'd audiobus SDK updated or Link added, but would think twice about buying a new app from Dev until some issues addressed. Sad but true....

@skoptic ^^^Nailed it. :smile: @alecsbuga Working in IT/IS for close to 20 years, I've worked hand in hand with developers my entire career. I understand very well the effort it takes to put something like this app together. I don't fault the app. I don't deny the development was likely huge. What was totally inexcusable, was the support--promised documentation never appeared, emails and forum questions were ignored, the app was completely abandoned. Lots of work to develop, I'm sure, but creating the app is only part of the responsibility when releasing an app--and when documentation is needed, promised, and never provided, when the developer drops off the map and refuses to acknowledge anyone's support needs, the whole deal reeks of a money grab. The best support that ever came for this app was from those of us here at the Audiobus forums--cobbling together usage tips that we figured out by trial and error and sharing it with each other. The really sad part, is that the developer did exactly the same thing with his previous version of the app--took the money and ran. Developers like this have the philosophy that once the app is released, it is done. Once the money is collected, the responsibility ends there. That topic has been debated before and could make for a thread of its own (at another time). Suffice it to say that in my opinion, an app should work and have at least rudimentary support before it is considered complete. Even Retronyms, as much as I dislike the way they do things (with their vague responses, half promises, and strategic attempts to force people to use their closed system), has tried really hard to listen and respond to users. In the Desktop/VST world, this very thing happens quite often, and developers there are vilified. KVRAudio members have a group of blacklisted developers that cut and run, and they help each other by reminding everyone of who the good developers and who the bad developers are. In my book, this app's incredibly poor support is enough to put this developer on my own personal "Bad developers" list. It was never about the hours and work it took to develop the app. :neutral:

• I just read this on the Electrify NXT Facebook page:

Hi,
    I have bad news and good news for you.
    Bad news first: Electrify NXT is, as many of you have already assumed, dead.
    The good news is: I am working on a „successor“ to Electrify NXT which will be a free update.
    So if you have bought NXT you don’t have to pay again.
    I know I have broken promises and did not live up to your expectations in concerns of the development of Electrify NXT in the past.
    I want to say sorry for that.
    I lost interest in Electrify NXT shortly after the release because I build an app that I did not like for many reasons.
    In the last few months I wrote a concept for a new version of Electrify which I am currently implementing.
    This is the Electrify I really want to build and actually use myself for making music.
    I am pretty excited and highly motivated to give my best for a thoroughly streamlined music production app that you will like, too.
    The new version will have significant differences to Electrify NXT: some of the features you missed in NXT will be implemented, some existing features will be missing or differ.
    But I am pretty excited about some new features you will most definitely love. The new version will be more of a groovebox than NXT was, will be much easier to use and will produce more interesting and immediate results. I am sure the new version will compensate for the disappointments some of you had with Electrify NXT.
    This page will be my main communications channel in the future. I will post development updates from time to time here.
    Thank you to all you guys still interested in Electrify!

• edited February 2016

@Maarten I appreciate you coming here and explaining want happened to Electrify NXT as well as the free update for the new app for users of Electrify NXT.

I hope the developer provides adequate support for the new app as it was disappointing to get an app and have its usage limited by a lack of updates and support.

• This is good news - I'm happy for it to become an app which the Dev is more engaged with, whatever functionality changes that brings. If it can be maintained etc - I'm going to be happier in the long run....

• edited February 2016

Everyone here is human. It is decent that he is not creating a new app that people who supported him have to buy. So there is that. Compare that to developers who make a sub-standard product that teases what it could be if the developer cared to put in the extra time, but then creates another app that is the "PRO" version to purchase.

• @Telengard said:
    Everyone here is human. It is decent that he is not creating a new app that people who supported him have to buy. So there is that. Compared that to developers who make a sub-standard product that teases what it could be if the developer cared to put in the extra time, but then creates another app that is the "PRO" version to purchase.

Holy Shit, it never ends.

• edited February 2016

@Telengard said:
    Everyone here is human. It is decent that he is not creating a new app that people who supported him have to buy. So there is that. Compared that to developers who make a sub-standard product that teases what it could be if the developer cared to put in the extra time, but then creates another app that is the "PRO" version to purchase.

There was an Electrify app before there was Electrify NXT. So there is that.

• edited February 2016

@Telengard said:

That might not be about Auria..... Maybe IMPC?

• So nxt 2 in 6-12months time? Bm3 and nanostudio 2 by then, also flstudio mobile 3. Interesting times ahead. Not to mention more gadgets :)

• @kobamoto said:
    I wish he would strip out the synth , beef up the sampling and sample editing capabilities, increase stability 10 fold and turn it into the best ableton live-ish app on iOS!

This would be great. Add Link and running this alongside Gadget would be a powerful combo team

• I just want to know what the new app is going to be like, cause if more like a groove box means moving away from the sample centric ableton centric ness of the app and more towards something with a bunch of trancy synths sounds and canned drums then I will be super sour by the hour ..... on the other hand if by groove box he means a fresh new sampler with ableton-esk workflow and lots of nifty sample editing features and cool efx and the whole thing focuses on the groove then I will be ecstatic cause this guy definitely knows how to do the do.... just don't go pulling a novation circuit on me and leave out the sampling.

• I don't know....it's nice that the developer apologized....it's a start, but only time will tell if he has changed his ways... I'll try to remain open minded and see what happens... :neutral:

• edited February 2016

Thanks for the word @Maarten!
    I wonder if there will be a way to keep the old NXT, and new one, side by side...
    I like the dead one a ton

• edited February 2016

the dev seems to be really receptive. that's me on his facebook page mentioning some of the things I did't like about the previous version. He just to get the design right before coding anything.

• I'm personally not gonna support anything this dev does ever again. I was one of the many who got screwed over (money was extremely tight for me during that time) but more importantly my time and energy invested into it. Time and precious life energy are important in all aspects of life and I'm now at a point in my life where I will only provide that to people, places and activities that give me a positive return.

• edited February 2016

@firejan82 said:

@Telengard said:

There was an Electrify app before there was Electrify NXT. So there is that.

In fairness, Electrify Nxt is a different beast then Electrify. And I feel he was fine with Electrify, but kinda dropped the ball on Electrify Nxt.

• edited February 2016

@skoptic said:

@Telengard said:

That might not be about Auria..... Maybe IMPC?

Your right. I wasn't talking about Auria. Auria Pro is a huge upgrade in my eyes and I can upgrade from my existing version without having to get a different app.

I assume that was what this was about (in which I never even commented in that thread):

@High5denied said:

Holy Shit, it never ends.

• edited February 2016

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Anyone actually excited and forgiving about the third time on the merry-go-round, massive facepalm.

The developer has a LOT to do to salvage his reputation. He's completely abandoned 2 apps in a row, leaving his customers in the lurch with no answers to questions or support issues, and no fix for widely-known bugs.

And iirc, before launch he promised this wouldn't happen with Electrify NXT!

EDIT: From release day comments for Electrify NXT on Discchord:

Hi,
    I am the developer of Electrify NXT.
    If some people say I have abandoned Electrify, I can understand them. But rest assured that I still bugfix Electrify and will release an update for "Electrify to go" (iPhone) soon.
    But I will focus feature development on Electrify NXT since it is a far better platform for enhancements.
    So if you have questions please also visit electrify.info and drop me a mail. Though I am trying, I cannot monitor every site where discussions about Electrify NXT are ongoing and I would love to keep the app alive with your input.

Happy holidays!
    Ingo

December 23, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterIngo

http://discchord.com/blog/2013/12/20/electrify-nxt.html

Sound familiar?

• edited February 2016

Not sure I'm ever really fooled by devs, I always feel like it's a gamble I've signed up for. Brilliant weirdos, some of em, selling stuff in an extremely unstable art fair/flea market setting.
    I don't value them for their business acumen, or even veracity, just their code. NXT, brilliant code, iSequence, brilliant code. Still using both. No updates since ever. Still buy Beepstreet stuff, (in spite of various dev posts about iSequence 3) I don't expect endless updates for my twenty bucks, I do expect the software to work when I buy it, or when the hardware catches up to the soft (true of both Auria and NXT. Auria first went live in era of iPad 1, bumped along on iPad 4, now it does what I expect, mostly, on Air 2...) and once software and hard meet happily, then I've got the issue the dev has - follow Apples update upgrade cycle or not.