Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget Trance

In celebration of Korg Gadget 2.0 I present to you Gadget Trance. 100% Korg Gadget on my iPad mini 4. Hope you enjoy it!

Peace \/
chisel316

Comments

• The best i have heard out of gadget so far. Very good!

• nice work chisel !

• I've just listened to this over on the gearslutz site and I think it's amazing that you've done this all in gadget. Good energy all the way through. I really need to spend some quality time with this app as you've proved that quality tunes can be achieved.

• Nice tune and great piece to show off what Gadget can deliver with some proper fingering :)

The 'across the scenes' filtersweeps are a real pain to do.
    How many 'Gadgets/Tacks' were used? Any custom samples?

Needless to say I'm pretty impressed.
    Well fingered @chisel316

• edited February 2016

Thanks for all the compliments! I appreciate it. I used about 19 tracks, including separate tracks for each drum sound so I had more control over the EQ/Comp/FX per sound. For automation across tracks I used the automation parameters column on the left as a reference point. :) I used some custom samples for the percussion sounds, but everything else is from Gadget. I mostly programmed the sounds from the INIT preset, but some are tweaks of existing presets. It was a lot of fun! Here's a video I put together in iMovie that has a bunch of screenshots from the project. Enjoy!

Peace \/
    chisel316

• Thanks for the vid.

Makes me wonder if Korg will ever implement the request for a 'Line-Draw' feature for the automation or at least add an option similar to the electribes where the motion-control steps are transitioned smoothly from one value to the next(this would make it possible to just set start and end value and the app would interpolate between the points at highest resolution available). If there was a way to 'show the values' when editing the controller automation it would make it easier to edit more accurately.

This vid is worth sharing to Korg (fb & twitter).

• I agree. I like the way Cubasis handles automation by allowing you to draw it in and then reduce the number of points. The cool thing about Gadget automation is that it makes it easy to create trance gate effects by adjusting the grid resolution - similar to how clip automation works in Ableton Live.

Gadget Trance is currently #17 on the GadgetCloud top charts! Thanks to everyone here who gave it a listen on SoundCloud.

Peace \/
    chisel316

• @chisel316 said:
    The cool thing about Gadget automation is that it makes it easy to create trance gate effects by adjusting the grid resolution - similar to how clip automation works in Ableton Live.

Yepp, I'm thinking this could even be made easier (due to lack of dedicated 'Trance-Gate Effect') with a line too with adjustable 'line-pattern'. For example with 100% the line would be "--------" and with 50% it would be "- - - - " somewhat similar to how the 'Gate Arp' works in the Electribe 2.