Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anybody with a Strymon BigSky pedal around?

Does anyone of you own a BigSky Strymon pedal and would be willing to create a couple of impulse response for me?

I'm looking for the big..i mean huge Strymon Reverbs (Decay >10 secs)
Simple Stereo Wavefile 44.1khz 16 Bit would be fine, doesn't need to be ultra high fidelity.

For the impulse: A clap sound sampled through it would be enough.

Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• Hey,
    I'll record some samples for you. How about claps in all modes? And you'd like long decays, 10 seconds and above, right?

• @o_imseng you might also want to check out these IR's of the high End Bricasti reverb unit:

http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-impulse-responses/

• @jooga1972 said:
    Hey,
    I'll record some samples for you. How about claps in all modes? And you'd like long decays, 10 seconds and above, right?

I'm having some hum-issues in my rig, so this may take longer than I'd expected.

• @Maarten said:
    @o_imseng you might also want to check out these IR's of the high End Bricasti reverb unit:

http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-impulse-responses/

Thanks heard about those and will definitely check them out thanks.

• @jooga1972 said:

@jooga1972 said:
    Hey,

I'm having some hum-issues in my rig, so this may take longer than I'd expected.

Yes 10 secs plus would be great i mean if you have the time to do this that would be very kind but please do not invest too much time in this or else i feel guilty of eating away your spare time

• @o_imseng said:

@jooga1972 said:

@jooga1972 said:
    Hey,

Yes 10 secs plus would be great i mean if you have the time to do this that would be very kind but please do not invest too much time in this or else i feel guilty of eating away your spare time

Hey @o_imseng here's a zip with 30 one-shot samples (my understanding of impulse responses, hope I got that right...), all 16bit/44.1 khz stereo wavs. I went thru all the 12 reverb engines and also recorded some of them with different mode-settings, hence the two-and-a-half dozen shots. Didn't edit them, just bounced the tracks from Reason 8.
    Cheers, Gabor

https://dropbox.com/s/ii7hnazmfqhuk68/STRYMON%20BIGSKY_NORD%20DRUM%202%20CLAP_IMPUSLE%20RESPONSES.zip?dl=0

• edited February 2016

Wow thats awesome, thank you so much. Let me know how I can repay you this favor.

• @o_imseng said:
    Wow thats awesome, thank you so much. Let ke know how I can repay you this favor.

No need to repay. I was glad to help. :)

• :) awesome of you!

• Very kind indeed @jooga1972

@o_imseng said:
    Wow thats awesome, thank you so much. Let me know how I can repay you this favor.

Share back any clean up you do?

• Clean up?
    There is not much of clean up to do. I just drop those into Reasons convolution reverb and thats it.
    You mean clean up so that other IR plugins can use it? What would I need to do to achieve this?

Im open for it :)

• @jooga1972 said:
    Hey @o_imseng here's a zip with 30 one-shot samples (my understanding of impulse responses, hope I got that right...), all 16bit/44.1 khz stereo wavs. I went thru all the 12 reverb engines and also recorded some of them with different mode-settings, hence the two-and-a-half dozen shots. Didn't edit them, just bounced the tracks from Reason 8.

Thank you.

• edited February 2016

@dokwok2 said:

@jooga1972 said:

Thank you.

You're welcome. :)

Btw, I'm still eager to know if I got this right and actually managed to record impulse responses. Is an impulse response a one-shot sample with some fx on it? Should it be 100% wet signal? If so, my samples are not what they should have been as I set the mix to about 50/50. Let me know and I'll re-record them, it's really not a problem.

• I let you know over the course of the weekend. I have not yet done this before so i dont know but i think 50/50 is fine as the impulse , the transient is better recognizable for the reverb engine.

• Sorry to have let you wait so long. I am just trying these out :)

• Ok I tried them out, the results are very interesting although as you mentioned you should record the sample 100% and the sample you record should have a much more sharp attack, like a loud clap you would do yourself.
    If you are up for it and would like to rerecord them that would be very nice.
    In any case thanks for your time investment.

• edited March 2016

@o_imseng
    the right way to this is with a long sine sweep, or a popping ballon or a pistol shot.
    go 100% wet with the fx
    then go to the convolution software (and maybe show it the impulse and the wet file) so it can calculate the impulse out of the response ...
    if you don't do this the reverbtail will still be full of the sound of the impulse ... ;)

(du sprichst auch deutsch oder? du musst den initial knall bzw. den sweep rausrechnen sonst ist er teil des komischen knall&reverbs welches man da produziert hat)

https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb08/articles/logictech_0208.htm

• Jup ich spreche auch Deutsch. Ja das macht der Reverb in Reason automatisch. Ziemlich clever gemacht das Ding.
    In dem Fall war der FX Anteil eben nur 50% und der Sound nicht stark genug in den Transienten.

• edited March 2016

@o_imseng said:
    Ok I tried them out, the results are very interesting although as you mentioned you should record the sample 100% and the sample you record should have a much more sharp attack, like a loud clap you would do yourself.
    If you are up for it and would like to rerecord them that would be very nice.
    In any case thanks for your time investment.

Oh OK, now I'm getting this. My thanks go to @lala as well for throwing even more light on this. Just downloaded a loud and sharp pistol shot sample (stereo), will use that to do the recordings. Give me a few days and I'll get back to you with the results.

• Awesome in anycase if you have a certain app whish or so we could gift something to you for all the time you put into this.

• edited March 2016

@o_imseng I rerecorded the impulse responses, hope this time I got it right. I used a single gunshot sample with the mix set to 100% wet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfg48iuk98b1bvy/STRYMON BIG SKY IMPULSE RESPONSES.zip?dl=0

• Cool will have a look tonight

• Made a quick test last night, need to do some cutting etc but the one impulse i tried sounded very nice :)
    Will polish these Files up and make a MKII Refill out of it.
    Hopefully will be able to finish this by the end of this week.

• edited March 2016

@o_imseng said:
    Made a quick test last night, need to do some cutting etc but the one impulse i tried sounded very nice :)
    Will polish these Files up and make a MKII Refill out of it.
    Hopefully will be able to finish this by the end of this week.

Glad they are finally more or less what you wanted in the first place.

• Empty promises. I am sorry guys. Never really came around to polishing the impulses. Sorry if some of you have been waiting. My apologies.

• I would love to see these! Still working on them?

• Havent had time to process them further, I still plan to do this at some point in time because I think i owe it to @jooga1972 for recording them for me.

• @o_imseng Any news? I'd be glad to give it a try. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

• First, thanks @jooga1972 for these great impulses!
    Apart from a little trimming, they're perfectly usable B)

If you read this, please would you mind uploading or linking to the gunshot sample you used?

• @rs2000 I know this is an old thread, but it just came up on a google search for me when I was looking for Big Sky impulse responses. I found this set of them on another website:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfg48iuk98b1bvy/STRYMON BIG SKY IMPULSE RESPONSES.zip?dl=0