Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Not so new track"

I recorded this in my mini-van (yes, it hurts to say that) while waiting for my daughter and her friends. I drove them to an amusement park a little over a year ago and brought my iPad, my Les Paul, my Fender P bass, a condenser mic and stand, Focusrite 2i2, Apogee Jam, cables, and an extension chord. I started just noodling around with a drum beat in AmpliTube. I copied the drum pattern and rhythm tracks to MultiTrack and AudioBused (yes, I "verbed" AudioBus) the bass, and vocals via AmpliTube. The lead guitar parts were AudioBused via ToneStack. The song sat for a few months as I thought I would do more with it. I posted it to my SoundCloud awhile back, but it occurred to me what a great time I had finding a few quiet parking lots, one next to a lake, while waiting for my daughter and her friends. It was just all so easy to do.

Comments

• Cool story with a great ending, thanks @supanorton.

To be honest, it's not the style of music I buy, I'm electronic samples, synths, drum machines but I'm getting that laid back vibe from this :)

• Great, track, @supadom ! :)
    Great 'live' feel to this with nice tones and excellent playing.
    How big is your min-van to fit the gear, your daughter and her friends?!

• @RUncELL That's cool, man. Glad you gave it a listen and got the laid back vibe from it. Thanks.

@AlterEgo_UK so glad you listened, Colin. My daughter only brought two friends, lol.

• I'd like to do a bit more of this kind of thing, where I'm mobile, but damn, my girls grew up, and I don't have to take them places so much.

And I'd be afraid to take a les Paul and a P Bass with me and leave them anywhere. Great sounding track. Little blues, little rock.

• @rickwaugh Thanks, man. I didn't leave the guitars alone, only the girls. They were 17 at the time (the girls, not the guitars) lol.