Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Seven Days - new chillout album from Doug Woods and Colin Powell

The latest album from Doug Woods and myself is now available!

Seven Days is an album to chill out to. All the tracks are around 10 minutes long which even the busiest person should be able to find time for - and it is usually the busiest people who need to relax the most! So either choose a track for each day of the week or, of course, listen to as many tracks as you want at each session :)
https://dougwoodsandcolinpowell.bandcamp.com/album/seven-days

Comments

• You'd be surprised at the amount of work and production went into this album but I found it to be one of the most enjoyable recording experiences of my life, and it really does work too, best way to listen I found was with headphones or a quiet room and just close your eyes and drift away

• Listened to Monday

I'm going to comment just purely from a relaxation point of interest.

Very chilled start. Relaxing into it. Then a bubble /wood sound comes as a counterpoint to the rest of the mix. To start with it made me uncomfortable, then almost turned into a hypnotic trance. Relaxed again.

6:30 or there about. Is that Tangerine Dream that awakes me from my hypnotic trance. Bit of a shock to the chilaxing duo strobe. Yeah not sure. My equilibrium is taken back a bit. Around 8:40 it chills back to another near rhythmic counterpoint and I start to relax again.
    10:20 it's all over. Just as I was starting to slip into sync with the music again.

So that is my journey in comment, purely for the sake of science ;)

I will do Tuesday tomorrow :)

• Thanks @Fruitbat1919 I know what you mean. Maybe I should try lowering the level of that section a bit more to match the others. I did lower it already but maybe not enough to keep the listener in the zone :)

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks @Fruitbat1919 I know what you mean. Maybe I should try lowering the level of that section a bit more to match the others. I did lower it already but maybe not enough to keep the listener in the zone :)

Not sure you really need to lower it. Kind of depends what affect you were after. If I was sat more actively listening instead of trying to use it to relax, it is more engaging as it is :)

Looking forward to Tuesday and relaxing to that :)

• Really needed Tuesday. Had an hour long head pain hooked up to my oxygen tank and like usual fell asleep afterwards. Came round feeling grotty. Played Tuesday track.

Played to my liking of all things oriental and Eno. Soulfully meanders until just before 6:00. Plays more hypnotic until blending towards the end. An all round pleasure reminding why I often program similar sounds to just play with no beginning and no end. Music for relaxing without need to describe why you are taking the journey :)

• Thanks, @Fruitbat1919 It is great to read your comments as you listen to each track. Glad you enjoyed Tuesday

• Wednesday. Off to docs so they can take some red stuff for tests. Let's see what the Wednesday track does to refill my tanker :p

Shades of Vangelis for a short spell then some TD Logos live lead line. Yeah cool.

Hey those centre section metallic and wooden hits are right there for me....love them....quite sad when they went.

Would like to know what you did the last section with. Sounded quite Analog.

Problem with Wednesday is its too short. It's up and above my favourite track so far! I just wanted more of it. I understand the 10 minute idea, but I want the 12" version please :)

• edited February 2016

@Fruitbat1919 I'm loving this ongoing review, the end section of Wednesday is Sylenth1 and the center section metallic s are a blend of Obscurium and ewql Play
    Here is a screen shot of the project

• Thursday

The train brought forth my inner geek. A journey out of the tunnel and along high cliffs, ravine below. The shout was genius :) and the switchover worked well. Reminds me of something, but the name is not coming to mind.

The water made me want to pee :p but all things watery are relaxing to my mind.

The chimes are really nice and the steady flow to the accompanying music works well, all except, the water seems to stay too high in the mix for too long.

The mellow drama of the last passage is where the journey seems to have taken to more weathered climes. Wind and rain of upper oriental reaches inhabited only by Tibetan Monks.

Beautiful journey, that again seems just a tad rushed within the 10 minutes allotted.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Fruitbat1919 I'm loving this ongoing review, the end section of Wednesday is Sylenth1 and the center section metallic s are a blend of Obscurium and ewql Play
    Here is a screen shot of the project

Thanks for the screen shot :)

• I like, I bought, good job gents!

• edited February 2016

Thanks for Thursday's review @Fruitbat1919 Love your descriptive images! :)
    Thank you too, @WMWM :)

• Friday:

Most beautiful sustained lead sound. The sort of sound that owns its own space with assured majesty of tone.

The light rain and speeding rain drops in the background remind me of some GliderVerb or Stria play, which I've always found quite fun, yet never managed to fit them in any music adventure....works well here.

Lead sounds and changes are quite sublime in this track. The note changes played within the three sections each portrayed a slightly differing tone emotionally.

As a relaxation piece, Friday scores on all levels :)

• edited February 2016

Thanks, @Fruitbat1919 this is one of mine.
    Glad you liked the guitar sounds and changes. This is the first recording I have used an eBow on. An eBow is a gizmo for automatically vibrating a guitar string to provide infinite sustain.
    I used Jamup Pro through AUFX:Space.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks, @Fruitbat1919 this is one of mine.
    Glad you liked the guitar sounds and changes. This is the first recording I have used an eBow on. An eBow is a gizmo for automatically vibrating a guitar string to provide infinite sustain.
    I used Jamup Pro through AUFX:Space.

Big Bauhaus fan, so I know about the eBow ;)

• Saturday:

To me this was all about the ticking of time. Visions of clock parts moving. Time pacing itself before the hour mark at 6 mins in. Then the hour steadily breaks down into a spiral of component parts. Relaxing :)

• Thanks again, @Fruitbat1919 for your continuing reviews. Glad you like the album.
    Just Sunday left now? :)

May I use your reviews on the Doug Woods and Colin Powell Facebook page?

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks again, @Fruitbat1919 for your continuing reviews. Glad you like the album.
    Just Sunday left now? :)

May I use your reviews on the Doug Woods and Colin Powell Facebook page?

Yep just Sunday left, then the next album ;)

Yeah no probs, use them in what ever way you want :)

• Sunday:

Being an Angler, I find the sounds of nature to be soothing.

The last track. Sunday truly gives the sensation of something ending. There is a hint of mellon collie in the chords, yet the vision that comes to mind is that of the rain has ended. The last drops dripping of the leaves and birds coming out to enjoy the rays of sun emerging from the clouds.

I'm sat under my fishing brolly watching the overhanging branches. Rain off the leaves dripping in the water.

The sound of nature all around, yet in the distance the sound of church, it is Sunday after all. The natural world is my church for today with the warmth, water and wildfowl singing out in praise.

Like a child, I think....damn it's Monday again tomorrow, but for now....I relax :)

• Wonderful imagery, @Fruitbat1919 I really appreciate it.
    We are about to start on another 2 albums but they will be different in style to each other and to this one