Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pearl Guitar is on the bus!

Comments

• Premiere 6-string steel guitar simulator eh?

Version 1.0 released yesterday and zero reviews or stars, so I'm not sure how it makes THAT claim...

• edited March 2014

• edited August 2013

You need to purchase Audiobus via IAP according to the app description (part of the premium package). How can a company like Amidio mess up like that since they must know the license terms?

• edited March 2014

• Yea but this is a bit different tho since it will get them removed from the audiobus list, and in turn probably hurt their sales. The WeJaam guys did the same but corrected it really fast with an update, but they never made it back on the list. So it seems like one strike and you´re out policy.

• Wow, and I was just thinking I could really use a fifth guitar app!

• Hey guys,

Yes this is indeed a big mess-up that I missed that license issue. In other words, this was a surprise for me you can't make Audiobus a part of IAP. Working too much, never have time to read all thoroughly!

As for the "Premiere 6-string simulator" - indeed it is. This app was in production for more than a year, since the CascadeEQ synthesis method was too CPU-consuming when we started playing with it. So we worked on the code and tweaked the sound every time we could in-between other apps. Until we got a result we got happy with.

Pearl Guitar sounds WAY better than any of the guitar apps on iPad. I have downloaded them all and can make that claim. I wouldn't release the app if I wasn't sure about that. Pearl Guitar is not a digital instrument, it breathes and lives as you play. Take a look at our Youtube demos and see it yourself:

We are submitting the 1.1 update right away returning the Audiobus functionality out of IAP, and strongly hope we will not get banned out of Audiobus community for this small mistake. Thanks!

• Well, that does sound good! How much is the premium IAP?

• And what's in it?

• $6.99 U.S. A bit steep with no description.

• edited August 2013

Why no description? It is described in the iTunes app page, our website, and inside the app itself... Okay, here's what the Premium mode brings:

• Chord Menu (edit songs, chords and sequences, exchange with the community over internet)
    • 1000+ chord database with variations and custom chords
    • File Manager with sharing options (Dropbox, Audiocopy, Email)
    • MIDI record (along with .WAV), virtual and hardware in/out

Yes the whole app is $2,99 + $6,99 (Premium) so it's $10 - a small price for the best guitar sound and playability on the iPad.

• mmpmmp
    edited August 2013

There actually is a description in the app store, just noticed the price too. Must have overlooked it earlier on...
    Adds chord database and menu for editing chord sequences, adds Midi recording and in/out, file manager, community exchange. Hmmmm....

Lol, Amidio, beat me by a minute or so...

• Just follow the link at the top of this page. The iTunes store description clearly tells what the IAP covers. The standard edition only gives you a measly 16 chords and the IAP gives you over 1000 chords, plus midi recording and some other stuff. At $6.99 US price.

• Oops. My wife called for me as I was typing and other people beat me to it.

• I'm not seeing the full description when I click the link from my iPad (just the first paragraph), but I see it all when I click on it from my desktop.

• edited August 2013

There's still a bug in the Apple Store that won't allow some to view the entire description. I still can't see entire description. Thanks @ Amidio. I'll purchase this one because of the work you put into OMGuitar, and of course the nice gesture of offering it for free in the end.

• edited August 2013

That video sounds/looks great. It also makes me wanna get an iPad mini since all these guitar/strings apps (amongst other things) seems a lot easier to play around with on the iPad mini. The $10 price tag seems reasonable for the quality and the content you're getting, but I'm personally not a fan of the kind of IAP approach where you're basically paying for a "demo" that you know you're gonna need to purchase the extra IAP to get full use out of it. I'd rather pay full price upfront, or have the IAP be some less needed functions if the premium price @ 10 bucks would be to high for the AppStore market.

Edit: Also, congrats on losing the neon style Amidio :) - Er well looked at the screens, almost completely gone at least

• If you don't see the whole description just click the review link then click back to the description and the "more" button will appear.

• edited August 2013

The AppStore bug, just press another tab (like reviews) and back again, and the you should be able to press the "see more" button or whatever it says..

Edit: Not to go off topic, but that bug has been in the AppStore for so long now. And it's a HUGE bug, makes you really wonder why a huge company like Apple hasn't fixed it yet. :/

• edited August 2013

All I can say is WOW. Pearl Guitar is a real jewel. Awesome app and well worth the price of app and IAP. Great work Amidio. The drums were a surprise. Nice touch.
    Update: got so excited I missed the chord diagrams.

• @mgmg4871 Thank you so much! We spent so many time trying to push the limits of mobile guitars.

By the way, the most impressive sound is achieved in headphones or good external speakers (true stereo). By default, without headphones plugged, it automatically switches to MONO (because the volume is louder in mono mode with a mono speaker). This can be changed or overridden in Settings ("Stereo" - on/off/auto).

• Morris,thanks
    I'm in.
    Sheeeeeet....I've relapsed.

• Lol. You won't regret this one. Top guitar app in my book.

• Morris is right.
    For sound,its bang on.
    Thanks for this Amidio.

• But for midi play back
    Hmmmmm.
    Not doing what it should at the mo...

• Had the same problem with omguitar.
    Notes are dropped on playback so useless for recording the midi to audio.

Amidio,please look at this.
    It's gonna kill what could be a great app.

I've got to head out to watch the conjuring..
    If I make it back,would love to hear of a fix.

• I have a Martin D-35 that I bought new in 1979. I'll pass on the app.

• @commonstookie You're right, the MIDI engine needs to be rewritten, we're already into this and the fix will appear in the 1.2 version.

• Published a new video demonstrating "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits

• Just purchased it, great sound ( and that's from a Taylor guy! ;-) )
    I'm getting a notice that the Audiobus API key will expire in 4 days, though...hope that will get fixed before then...