Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Dunno how much but way to go Arturia

2»

Comments

• edited January 2016

I'm selling things to get the ob6. My beloved jp08s will be missed, but the ob6 will go well with my jp-80 and. Juno-60...

Dave smith ..tom Oberheim? SEM inside? Yes please....

• The MatrixBrute was sure shifting some air at the end of that sound demo! I'm not sure it would ever have been designed as a poly instrument as each voice would need duplicate analogue circuits, it is more like a classic modular synth in a portable and programmable format.

• @PhilW said:
    The MatrixBrute was sure shifting some air at the end of that sound demo! I'm not sure it would ever have been designed as a poly instrument as each voice would need duplicate analogue circuits, it is more like a classic modular synth in a portable and programmable format.

If this is the case (I don't think it is but for the sake of discussion), I just don't see this as a feasible way to compete when Eurorack is as popular as it is right now. Eurorack is allowing more options in smaller spaces. The MatrixBrute seems determined to take up all the space!

I am quite curious to see how this sells. If it even gets to the level of the Minimoog Voyager (which I think it will), that should be quite a success for Arturia.

• The key difference between this and Eurorack is that this is programmable, you can't instantly recall a Eurorack patch, so this would be great for live performance.

• Good point, although I gotta give hats off to anyone gutsy enough to take that beast out to a live show :smiley:

• edited January 2016

My quite off topic 2 c are that I'm still pissed off with Arthuria since they still didn't fix the main volume on iMini. It really sucks that u have to keep the main volume knob under 10% to avoid digital clipping. But still I love iSem and iProphet. But that volume issue really... coding wise, as far as I know, it really could be a typo(x10 instead of x1) and can"t see why Arturia doesn't fix it since years, no kidding. So I really can't trust this company as a customer. Even if both iSem and iProphet sound amazing, and also iMini with a correct volume.

• @mschenkel.it i couldn't recall this being an issue, and just tested it again and I am not getting the digital clipping that you are seeing.

• I guess it just feels like the wrong end of the market for Arturia (to me, obviously, and I ain't shit). They're good at producing reasonably good quality things within the production confines of the lower parts of the market. Indeed, they've introduced a few genuinely disruptive offerings thus far. Apart from that, they know software. Both are all about cheap reproduction and scale scale scale. A $2,000 monosynth just seems completely out of line with everything so far, perhaps with the exception of the Origin synth which is, from what I can tell, largely an unfulfilled promise and basically abandoned.

A $1000 polybrute though... That seems like a step and not a leap.

• @JP-08 said:
    I'm selling things to get the ob6. My beloved jp08s will be missed, but the ob6 will go well with my jp-80 and. Juno-60...

Dave smith ..tom Oberheim? SEM inside? Yes please....

It's not quite a SEM inside. Not that it matters since it sounds amazing (and definitely sounds like an Oberheim). Just doesn't sound like a SEM-6!

• Not an easy choice but the built in analog delay and the filter options is what would make me choose the MatrixBrute over the Sub 37 if I was getting a premium mono (para, duo) synth.

• @mschenkel.it said:
    My quite off topic 2 c are that I'm still pissed off with Arthuria since they still didn't fix the main volume on iMini. It really sucks that u have to keep the main volume knob under 10% to avoid digital clipping. But still I love iSem and iProphet. But that volume issue really... coding wise, as far as I know, it really could be a typo(x10 instead of x1) and can"t see why Arturia doesn't fix it since years, no kidding. So I really can't trust this company as a customer. Even if both iSem and iProphet sound amazing, and also iMini with a correct volume.

All three synths are developed by different companies, none of which are Arturia. iMini is developed by Retronyms...so...

• @CalCutta said:

@syrupcore said:

@Redo1 said:
    Absolutely love what Arturia is doing. That takes some balls.

I dunno. I'm a little skeptical on the MatrixBrute. I dig the brutes but this seems like quite a jump for a company like Arturia. It looks like it's going to be $400 more than the Moog Sub 37. I know the Moog has fewer features but I also know that Moog builds things that last 20 years. I don't know that about Arturia yet. So yeah, I dig what they're doing but remain skeptical/hopeful.

I'm also skeptical on the MatrixBrute. But frankly, my skepticism is for a reason I'd never thought I'd encounter: this is overkill. I'd bet $100 that their original plan for this synth was to be a full-blown poly, then got priced down to a glorified monosynth with the ability to be paraphonic. The only problem is, they decided to leave every bell and whistle on this monosynth. I also think the matrix section is just overkill and can't understand why a company would think that much space and materials would be worthwhile for this particular synth.

With all that said, I love Arturia. I got a Microbrute a few weeks ago and its filter is heavenly (been using it with external signals a whole lot). I also like how they brought the keystep out as a poly sequencer to compliment the beatstep pro.

The keystep is a really cool way to augment poly onto the bsp. That was the one thing that I was a bit disappointed about with it, but the keystep gives that poly and keys too. Such a great idea

• Yeah. I might wait until the KeyStepPro though. ;p