Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Dunno how much but way to go Arturia

Comments

• Ok that made me drool :p

• How about this one...

• Maybe i should sell most of my software and get such a beast.... all these software bugs killing my joy to create music finally! But these things will cost a few grands i think!

• @Cinebient

The OB6 is "only" $3k US... :o

• @anickt said:
    How about this one...

Best promo I've seen yet!

• @anickt said:
    @Cinebient

The OB6 is "only" $3k US... :o

So 500 bucks per voice :wink:
    But the truth is i spend more than 3k in the last year for music tools (hardware included) and now there is that offer for 820 bucks to get a new iPad Pro 128GB....Someone should really stop me now....
    I see dark times coming. But in a few years it's all behind me anyway lol.

• The MatrixBrute is $1999 at Sweetwater or $83.30 p.m. with their card :-)

• That OB-6 sounds amazing.

• As I already have iSem, I think I'll decide that's close enough, and save the $3k...

• @PhilW said:
    As I already have iSem, I think I'll decide that's close enough, and save the $3k...

6 x iSem hosted in AU should sound even closer :)

• So is iSem a good deal compared to iProphet?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@PhilW said:
    As I already have iSem, I think I'll decide that's close enough, and save the $3k...

6 x iSem hosted in AU should sound even closer :)

ISem is already 8 voice poly, so 2 more than OB-6. Of course it is a digital recreation rather than actual analogue. But yeah, stack some together and you could get some awesome sounds!

• @Tones4Christ said:
    So is iSem a good deal compared to iProphet?

ISem has the big plus of being the only AU synth at the moment, but it also gets a lot of love for the sound, it is a very good virtual analogue synth. The iProphet is a recreation of a digital analogue hybrid (the Prophet VS which features so-called Vector Synthesis) and so has more of a digital quality to its sounds. Good to have both of course, but if I were to choose just one, it would be the iSem.

• @Tarekith said:
    That OB-6 sounds amazing.

Agreed. I haven't flat lusted after a piece of gear since I don't know when. $3k is too much money for me to spend on a hobby (all at once anyway!) but considering how many good 2 OSC monosynths (including SEMs) go for way more than $500 per voice, $3k is a good deal.

• Absolutely love what Arturia is doing. That takes some balls.

• @PhilW said:
    ISem is already 8 voice poly, so 2 more than OB-6. Of course it is a digital recreation rather than actual analogue. But yeah, stack some together and you could get some awesome sounds!

Oh yeah, forgot about that, I've got in the habit of using it in mono as a bass synth, iSem just became a whole new beast to me again now, cheers dude :)

• @Redo1 said:
    Absolutely love what Arturia is doing. That takes some balls.

Agreed, amazing for less than $2k too.

• I can't seem to find any samples of iSem doing pads sounds or strings...is this more of a lead type of synth?

• OB6 for the win though....

• Dat Matrix... >:)

• I can't decide which one I like more..!

Here's a few more sounds from the OB

• edited January 2016

@Redo1 said:

I dunno. I'm a little skeptical on the MatrixBrute. I dig the brutes but this seems like quite a jump for a company like Arturia. It looks like it's going to be $400 more than the Moog Sub 37. I know the Moog has fewer features but I also know that Moog builds things that last 20 years. I don't know that about Arturia yet. So yeah, I dig what they're doing but remain skeptical/hopeful.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I can't seem to find any samples of iSem doing pads sounds or strings...is this more of a lead type of synth?

The pads and strings within iSem belongs to the best you can get on iOS!

• @Cinebient said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    I can't seem to find any samples of iSem doing pads sounds or strings...is this more of a lead type of synth?

The pads and strings within iSem belongs to the best you can get on iOS!

Right on......iSem does Pads and Strings in its sleep. If you want Pads, Strings or Synth Brass iSem or Nlog Pro are the leaders of the pack IMHO.

• Most informative MatrixBrute video I've seen so far

• Very cool - i thought we were going to see the whole thing without actually hearing it, but we got there in the end.

• more sounds in this one

• @firejan82 said:
    more sounds in this one

Drooooooooool :p

• @syrupcore said:

@Redo1 said:

I dunno. I'm a little skeptical on the MatrixBrute. I dig the brutes but this seems like quite a jump for a company like Arturia. It looks like it's going to be $400 more than the Moog Sub 37. I know the Moog has fewer features but I also know that Moog builds things that last 20 years. I don't know that about Arturia yet. So yeah, I dig what they're doing but remain skeptical/hopeful.

I'm also skeptical on the MatrixBrute. But frankly, my skepticism is for a reason I'd never thought I'd encounter: this is overkill. I'd bet $100 that their original plan for this synth was to be a full-blown poly, then got priced down to a glorified monosynth with the ability to be paraphonic. The only problem is, they decided to leave every bell and whistle on this monosynth. I also think the matrix section is just overkill and can't understand why a company would think that much space and materials would be worthwhile for this particular synth.

With all that said, I love Arturia. I got a Microbrute a few weeks ago and its filter is heavenly (been using it with external signals a whole lot). I also like how they brought the keystep out as a poly sequencer to compliment the beatstep pro.