Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BANK SELECT via MIDI...iOS SYNTHS.

Comments

• Cool @dwarman thanks for the update

• edited January 2016

Updated post...

Successfully used MSB and LSB to select presets and their banks in these apps... (PC= Program Change)

• ANIMOOG (UPDATED 2016)
    • SUNRIZER (MSB for bank)
    • MAGELLAN (MSB for main banks) (LSB for cache banks)
    • GALILEO ( " " same as MAGELLAN)
    • NANOSTUDIO EDEN (LSB for Bank Change & PC for preset)
    • NLOG PRO ( some success for first bank using MSB)
    • ARCTIC PRO (LSB for bank)
    • THUMBJAM ( see earlier in thread for Sonosaurus' description)
    • DXi (preset select via PC)
    • ELECTRONIC PIANO SYNTHESIZER (preset select via PC)
    • SYNTH DRUM & ARP (something was changing....no idea how, where or why :) )

• EDIT: - WAVEMAPPER (preset select via PC)

*** EDIT 31st August 2015..... ***

A couple of quick additions & amendments. I'll do some more testing in coming weeks.

Virsyn apps:

• CUBE
    • TERA
    • Micro TERA

all now have Bank & Program-Change functionality. MSB(0) LSB(32) + Program Change # for preset.

apeSoft apps:

• iDensity
    • iPulsaret
    • Stria

All have Program Change working in the snapshots menu. No success with Bank Change using MSB, however I see they have NRPN functionality and I'll need to test this.

• MITOSYNTH has very cool / easy Bank & Program Change functionality (thanks @dwarman). MSB(0) LSB(32) & PC

• FUNKBOX - Program Change for kits.

• CAUSTIC - Program Change ( although I'm getting midi quirkiness with any midi channel 9+. Anyone else?)
    • GESTRUMENT - Programme Change for presets.

I'll add more soon.

• NAVE - Bank & Program change using MSB(000) for Bank 1 (001) for Bank 2 etc. + Program Change. Thanks to @rad3d for adding this. I'm particularly happy to be able to do this with Nave.

end of EDIT

No program or bank change success with these apps...

• Thor
    • Nave EDIT: See above.
    • iSem
    • iMini
    • Addictive
    • Cube EDIT: see above
    • Cassini
    • Wavemapper EDIT: Wavemapper DOES send program change info.
    • Alchemy
    • iTuttle
    • Grain Science
    • Voice Synth
    • iPolysix
    • iMS20
    • TF7
    • MOBILE MUSIC SEQUENCER
  • edited August 2015

Helpful

FYI - I use Nave with Bank and Program changes. (MSB,LSB,PC)

• Hi @rad3d,

Great, I needed to recheck Nave.

MSB(0) LSB(32) ?

I'm on iOS7, so not sure if that might hinder my chances.

Cheers.

• edited August 2015

MSB 0

• the next version of SynthMaster player app will include bank select and program change features

• edited January 2016

@SpookyZoo Animoog now supports PCs. Maybe edit your first post in this thread with that awesome list?

• Grateful to the supreme for all the PC goodness coming at us. I never thought I'd live until this beautiful day.

I wouldn't get upset if Isem and imini got it too.

• @supadom said:
    Grateful to the supreme for all the PC goodness coming at us. I never thought I'd live until this beautiful day.

I wouldn't get upset if Isem and imini got it too.

Would love to see ISEM get PCs.

• iSEM is at the top of my list too.

• edited January 2016

@syrupcore Done. Cheers.

I've not had a chance to check much lately but if anybody spots errors or would like to make an addition, just add a post here. I receive notifications on this thread so will jump in and update when I can.

Hope everybody is having a great start to 2016.

• Thanks for this discussion and SpookyZoo's great listI just joined the forum because of it and it is helping whittle down the iOS synths I will be using. Fortunately I had purchased several of the synths on the list in the past 3 or 4 years and can practice bank and program change with 3 or 4 keyboard controllers I own that are capable of it. I will make sure to add any synths not on the list that I have bank & PC success with.

• Hey @werdnanoslen that's great! Interested to hear how you get on. Have fun!

• Korg IM1 :

Select the number of the patch with Program Change x

With MSB : 0

With LSB:
    0. M1 PRESETS
    1. M1EX PRESETS
    2. MEMORY CARD
    3. SYNTH 1
    4. DRUMS 1
    5. ORCHESTRA 1
    6. PIANO
    7. FRETTED INSTS 1
    8. SYNTH 2
    9. PERCUSSION
    10. ORGAN
    11. ETHNIC 1
    12. BRASS
    13. SYNTH 3
    14. ETHNIC 2
    15. SOUND EFFECTS
    16. DRUMS 2
    17. ENVIRONMENT
    18. AKIRA
    19. WORLD OMNIBUS
    20. BUNMAY
    21. KORG LEGACY COLLECTION
    22. USER 1
    23. USER 2
    24. USER 3
    25. USER 4
    26. T1 PRESETS
    27. T1 SYNTH
    28. T1 DRUMS
    29. T1 COMBINATION 1
    30. T1 COMBINATION 2
    31. T1 COMBINATION 3
    32. T1 FRETTED INSTS
    33. T1 ETHNIC
    34. T1 SOUND EFFECTS
    35. T1 ENVIRONMENT
    36. T1 VOICE
    37. LIBRARY 1
    38. LIBRARY 2
    39. iM1 BEST COLLECTION

• edited May 2016

Korg Module :
    Switching programs or songs in a Set List
    Programs or songs that you registered
    in a Set List will switch when a program
    change message is received.
    :)

• @crony said:
    Korg Module :
    Switching programs or songs in a Set List
    Programs or songs that you registered
    in a Set List will switch when a program
    change message is received.
    :)

Boffin.

• edited May 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear

What does "boffin" means ? (french here...)

• @crony said:

@JohnnyGoodyear

What does "boffin" means ? (french here...)

I guess it is 'bone with fin'. common sense. :D

• edited May 2016

The Tefal boffins

also
    German boffins smash records with 37km wireless spurt at 6Gbps

also
    800 years old mobile phone discovered, Boffins claims

also
    NZ boffins scorn govt's sugar tax excuse

• @u0421793 said:

Ouch, I see! Those researchers and experts are the bones and fins for humans. :D

• Well...ok...

IVCS3 :
    You can load the Presets (in the current selected bank) by remotely sending a MIDI Program Change message. The channel listening is the same for the MIDI Note On/Off, you can configure this setting through ‘Channel’ in the MIDI Manager (see later for further details). The available range is 0 ÷ 127. A value of zero, will select the first preset in the list, 1for the second etc… No bank selection is supported yet.

• SpookyZoo: NAVE - Bank & Program change using MSB(000) for Bank 1 (001) for Bank 2 etc. + Program Change. Thanks to @rad3d for adding this. I'm particularly happy to be able to do this with Nave.

Can anyone tell me how to change IOS Nave banks from Logic Pro X? I've tried every combination, even with the above information, and yet I can't get out of Bank 1.

• Hi Harry,

I'm afraid I'm not a Logic user.

Hopefully some other helpful peeps here might have some advice for you.

Good luck.

• After such a long time and so many synths bought I can't believe I'm still sitting on Sunrizer as my battle horse. It is low on CPU, has loads of filtering modes, 2 LFOs that can be pointed at quite a few things, decent fx section, midi learn of most controls and wait for it....PROGRAM CHANGE to change presets!

Sorry, I got slightly sentimental and mega greatful to @beepstreet for all this goodness.

Impaktor being another such app that I sooo wished had midi but running it through midi learned fx processor takes it elsewhere anyway.

• Animoog 2016 indicates that it supports bank/program changes. If you manually select a category (bank?) and send a program change via midi, the voice changes. Great! but I haven't been able to change the Category via midi so perhaps Category does not equate to bank. I've tried both MSB-0/LSB-1/PC-0 and MSB-1/LSB-0/PC-0 and the Category does not change. I'm in the process of verifying this with Moogmusic support. Anyone else been able to change the Category via midi?

• @motmeister said:
    Animoog 2016 indicates that it supports bank/program changes. If you manually select a category (bank?) and send a program change via midi, the voice changes. Great! but I haven't been able to change the Category via midi so perhaps Category does not equate to bank. I've tried both MSB-0/LSB-1/PC-0 and MSB-1/LSB-0/PC-0 and the Category does not change. I'm in the process of verifying this with Moogmusic support. Anyone else been able to change the Category via midi?

I'm having the same exact experience. Using Ableton Live's midi clip Bank/Sub/Program Change settings, I can change the program within an Animoog category. But Bank or Sub (CC 0 and 32) do not change Animoog's category.

• Nevermind, I see in the Animoog release notes that it only responds to Program Change within the currently selected category.

@SpookyZoo you should update your list below because you have Animoog listed as being able to have MSB and LSB select banks, but it does not. @GeertBevin Category select by midi Bank Select would be a huge feature request!

@SpookyZoo said:
    Updated post...

Successfully used MSB and LSB to select presets and their banks in these apps... (PC= Program Change)

• ANIMOOG (UPDATED 2016)
    • SUNRIZER (MSB for bank)
    • MAGELLAN (MSB for main banks) (LSB for cache banks)
    • GALILEO ( " " same as MAGELLAN)
    • NANOSTUDIO EDEN (LSB for Bank Change & PC for preset)
    • NLOG PRO ( some success for first bank using MSB)
    • ARCTIC PRO (LSB for bank)
    • THUMBJAM ( see earlier in thread for Sonosaurus' description)
    • DXi (preset select via PC)
    • ELECTRONIC PIANO SYNTHESIZER (preset select via PC)
    • SYNTH DRUM & ARP (something was changing....no idea how, where or why :) )

• EDIT: - WAVEMAPPER (preset select via PC)

*** EDIT 31st August 2015..... ***

A couple of quick additions & amendments. I'll do some more testing in coming weeks.

Virsyn apps:

• CUBE
    • TERA
    • Micro TERA

all now have Bank & Program-Change functionality. MSB(0) LSB(32) + Program Change # for preset.

apeSoft apps:

• iDensity
    • iPulsaret
    • Stria

All have Program Change working in the snapshots menu. No success with Bank Change using MSB, however I see they have NRPN functionality and I'll need to test this.

• MITOSYNTH has very cool / easy Bank & Program Change functionality (thanks @dwarman). MSB(0) LSB(32) & PC

• FUNKBOX - Program Change for kits.

• CAUSTIC - Program Change ( although I'm getting midi quirkiness with any midi channel 9+. Anyone else?)
    • GESTRUMENT - Programme Change for presets.

I'll add more soon.

• NAVE - Bank & Program change using MSB(000) for Bank 1 (001) for Bank 2 etc. + Program Change. Thanks to @rad3d for adding this. I'm particularly happy to be able to do this with Nave.

end of EDIT

No program or bank change success with these apps...

• Thor
    • Nave EDIT: See above.
    • iSem
    • iMini
    • Addictive
    • Cube EDIT: see above
    • Cassini
    • Wavemapper EDIT: Wavemapper DOES send program change info.
    • Alchemy
    • iTuttle
    • Grain Science
    • Voice Synth
    • iPolysix
    • iMS20
    • TF7
    • MOBILE MUSIC SEQUENCER
  • @gburks said:
    @SpookyZoo you should update your list below because you have Animoog listed as being able to have MSB and LSB select banks, but it does not. @GeertBevin Category select by midi Bank Select would be a huge feature request!

I wish I had time to just open & play Animoog, let alone experiment! ;)

You're right though. It's an important topic and I think this thread appears first in a search so would be super useful to peeps if it were updated a bit more regularly.

I'll be happy to add to / amend the list with updates from other users. I may not have time to confirm any apps functionality but will quote any user updates posted here to the main list on the original post.

Please let me know in a couple of lines what the Animoog entry should currently state, cheers.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@gburks said:

I wish I had time to just open & play Animoog, let alone experiment! ;)

You're right though. It's an important topic and I think this thread appears first in a search so would be super useful to peeps if it were updated a bit more regularly.

I'll be happy to add to / amend the list with updates from other users. I may not have time to confirm any apps functionality but will quote any user updates posted here to the main list on the original post.

Please let me know in a couple of lines what the Animoog entry should currently state, cheers.

Animoog (preset select within current category via PC)
    Moog Model 15 (same as Animoog)