Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unlocking the iDS-10 mystery

edited January 2016 in App Tips and Tricks

I'll fill in the blanks as people report them, from top to bottom and left to right.

Use these as a rough guide, and search the thread for more details if needed.

Row 1
1. Connect all 6 synths cables to the corresponding slot above it
2. Use three fingers to swipe up or down from one synth page to another
3. Play this pattern in the 3rd octave with random gate times: C C4 G C C G F C C F E C C E D C
5. Enter note at the top of the piano roll

Row 2
1. Control four volume mixer controls at once
2. Move two knobs simultaneously in different direction
3. start with init synth patch, connect square modulator to VCO Pitch In, raise VCO Pitch In so that modulation occurs, slowly raise modulation speed until light blinks
4. start with init synth patch, set VCO balance to 50, slowly raise VCO2 pitch until light blinks
5. Enter note on the bottom of the piano roll

Row 3
1. Let a pattern play for two minutes.
3. Load a demo song (I think?)
4. Turn all the knobs on the mixer
5. Play the note on the far right of the highest octave

Row 4
1. Turn BPM all the way up to 300
2. Turn BPM all the way down to 30
5. Play the note on the far left of the lowest octave

Row 5
1. Save a session
2. Load a session
3. Save a tone
4. Load a tone

Prize = ???

Comments

• edited December 2015

6 color cables, probable?

• Row 1

1. Connect synths cables vertically, all 6 cables
  • edited December 2015

Row 4

1. and 2. On 'Set' page, turn BPM and Swing knobs around
  • on the mixer screen, move to the far right and turn the effect 2 knob all the way to the right.
    unless its for any effect control, it gave me a blinking light, though i cannot tell you which one it was.

• I believe Row 2, 1. alternate mixer levels up and down and 2.fiddle with knobs on mixer screen. I could be wrong, but perhaps someone that hasn't yet unlocked these can confirm.

• Korg has some hints on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/korg

Apparently you have to match the synth settings for those four. That's my guess at least.

• The mixer level thing doesn't work for me, and neither does the tweak a pattern for 2 minutes (from the other thread).

I also tried emailing both a session and a tone to myself and then opening them, and it didn't unlock anything, could be though that it has to be to and from another person.

• edited December 2015

Aha! The mixer thing is control four volume mixer controls at once.

Edit: And got the 2 minute one to work, just had a pattern running from the main screen for two minutes, with two synths active (I think that made the difference).

• good, keep going!

• edited December 2015

The Soundcloud hints I think are: match 2 scale settings and match 2 tone settings, just a guess.

The 10 is maybe let is play for ten minutes?

The other three seem to relate to sessions, saving and/or sending.

• is there any goal? could you win a pink marshmellow or will it be usefull? like after you find all treasure you could set the LFO rate from 0 to infinity?

• Not too helpful, but thought I'd put it here... Borrowed a friends iPhone 6S, installed my copy of iDS-10 on it, mailed a song to their phone, opened it, modified it, saved, mailed back to myself, modified, saved, mailed back to their phone, tried this about 3 times in hopes it would unlock Row 5 5. But no dice :(. So frustrating since that one would light up at 2 more "LEDs" for all of us assuming we've gotten as far as 1P18's OP.

• @t0dk0n said:
    Not too helpful, but thought I'd put it here... Borrowed a friends iPhone 6S, installed my copy of iDS-10 on it, mailed a song to their phone, opened it, modified it, saved, mailed back to myself, modified, saved, mailed back to their phone, tried this about 3 times in hopes it would unlock Row 5 5. But no dice :(. So frustrating since that one would light up at 2 more "LEDs" for all of us assuming we've gotten as far as 1P18's OP.

You downloaded "your copy" of iDS-10. Maybe that's it! I tried the same but maybe it knows if the song came from "your copy"?! I'll pm you my email address, we can't test it, and report back to the others!

• As far as i know, the "10" is to have the app running for 10 hours straight.

• I think the 10 is you have to buy 10 iPhones and 10 copies of iDS-10. Someone test it, quick.

• @TGiG said:

@t0dk0n said:
    Not too helpful, but thought I'd put it here... Borrowed a friends iPhone 6S, installed my copy of iDS-10 on it, mailed a song to their phone, opened it, modified it, saved, mailed back to myself, modified, saved, mailed back to their phone, tried this about 3 times in hopes it would unlock Row 5 5. But no dice :(. So frustrating since that one would light up at 2 more "LEDs" for all of us assuming we've gotten as far as 1P18's OP.

You downloaded "your copy" of iDS-10. Maybe that's it! I tried the same but maybe it knows if the song came from "your copy"?! I'll pm you my email address, we can't test it, and report back to the others!

Coolio, got your PM and sent you a song. Hopefully it works haha.

• edited December 2015

I'm thinking now that the soundcloud question mark hints are to match the sequence. The question mark looks like piano roll notes, and there are 16 notes played. Someone with a better ear than me can perhaps try that one

Edit:

Plus the URL for one of them says "seq-normal".

• I put the soundcloud hints in the 1st post, and noticed the sequence ones are essentially the same, with some sort of variation I can't figure out.

• @t0dk0n said:

@TGiG said:

@t0dk0n said:

Coolio, got your PM and sent you a song. Hopefully it works haha.

Dang, opened it, played for a hot minute, and sent it back...nothing! Thanks for trying

• @1P18 said:
    I'm thinking now that the soundcloud question mark hints are to match the sequence. The question mark looks like piano roll notes, and there are 16 notes played. Someone with a better ear than me can perhaps try that one

Edit:

Plus the URL for one of them says "seq-normal".

Yes, I've tried this to no prevail, though I don't have any deep synthesis knowledge. My crazy mind even thought to record the sound cloud clip into the vocoder...nada

• Bottom row: save as your own song, open your own song, save as your own synth preset, open your own preset

• 1-4 sounds exactly like the "5th Lead" preset. I have no idea what they are expecting here though.

• edited December 2015

@1P18 said:
    1-4 sounds exactly like the "5th Lead" preset. I have no idea what they are expecting here though.

Sure enough, I tried to copy that preset:

1. Start with a init patch
    2. Set VCO balance to 50
    3. Raise the VCO2 pitch slowly until the light blinks

• 1-3 sounds like a simple square modulation on the VCO pitch in, and in fact I can get it to sound like the hint, but haven't unlocked it yet.

• @1P18 said:

@1P18 said:
    1-4 sounds exactly like the "5th Lead" preset. I have no idea what they are expecting here though.

Sure enough, I tried to copy that preset:

1. Start with a init patch
    2. Set VCO balance to 50
    3. Raise the VCO2 pitch slowly until the light blinks

Holy Hell...congrats! So is that 10 hours total or in one session?

• @TGiG said:
    Holy Hell...congrats! So is that 10 hours total or in one session?

Not 10 hours. I've just been obsessed with unlocking these since last night, and finally got that soundcloud hint on row 1 slot 4.

Though who knows maybe ten hours spent with the app does in fact unlock the "10".

• @1P18 Starting with the init patch was a very good idea :)

Row 2, nr 3.

• Load init patch
    • Connect 'lfo square' output to 'vco pitch in' with patch cable
    • lfo sync on
    • Slowly raise the vco pitch modulation until the mystery unlocks (i used the slider input)

Btw: For Row 2, nr 4. i also had to toggle vco sync on and off again before raising the pitch

• @_ki said:
    @1P18 Starting with the init patch was a very good idea :)

Row 2, nr 3.

• Load init patch
    • Connect 'lfo square' output to 'vco pitch in' with patch cable
    • lfo sync on
    • Slowly raise the vco pitch modulation until the mystery unlocks (i used the slider input)

Not working for me. :/