Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dance of the Naga

For my first recording with the new GeoShred app I decided to resist the temptation for all out rock guitar style shredding and go for something a little more exotic and hypnotic.

This is a sitar preset GeoShred, accompanied by DrumJam, recorded via Audiobus into Audioshare on my iPad.

The Naga were a race of half-snake half-humans in Ancient Indian Mythology. This track invokes the hypnotic dance of the cobra as it mesmerises its prey before going in for the kill.

Comments

• Thanks, @Flo26 I think the interface of this app could be used for quite a few different sounds and not just guitar/sitar. I can imagine it could be could for a fretless bass for example. I find it easier to use and more responsive and expressive than iFretless.

• @AlterEgo_UK WHERE IS MY SUFI CHANTING?

Good stuff. Just reading Tim Lott's book on depression/suicide and much of it (at the start anyway) concerns Southall where I went on many Sundays to visit family and was first exposed to saris, sweets and the sitar. Good weird west London memories...

• That was wild, not what I would expect from an iPad.

Im not sure if I have the chops for playable apps like geoshred, Ive always depended on sequencing. I have SoundPrism Pro and Thumbjam which people seem to like but Im not sure what to do with them.

• edited December 2015

Excitement in a desert, dizzy and thirsty, hehe. Curry rice first, I am hungry. I just finish @1nsomniak's spooky chill then jump to here! Well, around the world, man!

• Thanks, guys :)

• @1nsomniak : If you know what key the piece of music you want to play over is in, you can set scales in apps like Thumbjam and SoundPrism (and Geoshred) to help you sound good i.e. choose from notes which fit the key :)

But you still have to choose the order and rhythm of the notes :)