Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Funk drummer midi test

IT worked! YEA!!!! And I think it it worked with swing too. Midi lockdown so far I think.... here is a quick test vid

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zqB5gu4fyhs

Comments

• @oceansinspace AWESOME!
    I'm trying to figure out how to set my midi pedal to work with FD.
    I want a tap tempo. Did you have FD as master or slave?
    It doesn't seem that there's midi implementation for tap tempo or start/stop based on the midi list below which I took from the app store description.

Midi Program Change: SoundSet
    Midi CC 0: Bank
    Midi CC 7: Master Volume
    Midi CC 11: Swing
    Midi CC 32: Rhythm
    Midi CC 91: Reverb Gain

• I take it that Funk Drummer doesnt send midi to apps? i tried sooo many now... Guess i need to plug ipad to ipad for that.

• @AudioGus said:
    I take it that Funk Drummer doesnt send midi to apps? i tried sooo many now... Guess i need to plug ipad to ipad for that.

Hmm, no luck with core midi either... hmmm...

• Hi @AudioGus what are you trying to do?
    Funk Drummer has some great samples, some nice patterns, and a very easy to use interface to create patterns.
    It will not send out midi to play another drum app, but it will midi sync with other apps.

• @RustyPerez said:
    Hi @AudioGus what are you trying to do?
    Funk Drummer has some great samples, some nice patterns, and a very easy to use interface to create patterns.
    It will not send out midi to play another drum app, but it will midi sync with other apps.

cool thanks, I see. I was hoping to send midi notes with it for more non standard drum sounds as I really do like the grooves. I might try drumagog for sample replacement then, or maybe transient to midi detection in Auria Pro.

• Or, @AudioGus it might be kindof fun to run the sounds themselves through filters or harmonic enhancements to make them unrecognizable.

• @RustyPerez said:
    Or, @AudioGus it might be kindof fun to run the sounds themselves through filters or harmonic enhancements to make them unrecognizable.

... i have a hankering for animal noises at the moment too... :smiley:

• @AudioGus I did read in another thread here the other day that Drumagog can be fed midi as well now (Rim wrote that post, so should be good from a factual point). Just a thought. I am currently trying to find which of my drum apps that either save out multitrack audio OR has good midi out/export options AND has the fastest (for me) workflow, so I quickly can whip something up and then Drumagog it.

If someone who owns Funk Drummer could clarify the export options, for either audio or midi, it would be great. Right now, to my understanding, I can control it via midi (start/stop) but that it comes out as a stereo track via AB. Is that correct or have I missed something?

• @hellquist said:
    @AudioGus I did read in another thread here the other day that Drumagog can be fed midi as well now (Rim wrote that post, so should be good from a factual point). Just a thought. I am currently trying to find which of my drum apps that either save out multitrack audio OR has good midi out/export options AND has the fastest (for me) workflow, so I quickly can whip something up and then Drumagog it.

If someone who owns Funk Drummer could clarify the export options, for either audio or midi, it would be great. Right now, to my understanding, I can control it via midi (start/stop) but that it comes out as a stereo track via AB. Is that correct or have I missed something?

Essentialy there are no export options for audio or midi with Funk Drummer but you can record it via audiobus or IAA, which is what I do in Auria.

I have just been using the mixer to solo tracks in Funk Drummer and record each individualy while doing something else. Then I arrange the bits I like and proccess tracks. i do like the sounds a lot and they process well but i would like to experiment more with these funky grooves and electronic/foley recording. but hey, its an awesome app, I love it!

• Thanks @AudioGus, that confirms the eventual and only workflow I could foresee with the information I had. Hmm...sounds a bit cumbersome for what I had intended. Having said that, I do like the sound of the app though.

I am currently basically looking for the fastest route to get beats going that I then can tweak further, either via the original app or via Drumagog. Right now Drumagog seems more and more like a viable option, combined with multi-midi-channel out from Patterning (which is also quite quick to work in).

When I really want to work on natural sounding drums I otherwise default to DrumPerfect, but that isn't as quick (workflow wise) for what I have in mind right now, especially as I tend to nerd in to it and spend forever in making it all perfect, leading to ideas dying before they actually...umm...become (but with quite nice sounding drum patterns). I'm looking for ways to reverse my current trend, to actually finish a couple of songs. :)

• @hellquist said:
    Thanks @AudioGus, that confirms the eventual and only workflow I could foresee with the information I had. Hmm...sounds a bit cumbersome for what I had intended. Having said that, I do like the sound of the app though.

I am currently basically looking for the fastest route to get beats going that I then can tweak further, either via the original app or via Drumagog. Right now Drumagog seems more and more like a viable option, combined with multi-midi-channel out from Patterning (which is also quite quick to work in).

When I really want to work on natural sounding drums I otherwise default to DrumPerfect, but that isn't as quick (workflow wise) for what I have in mind right now, especially as I tend to nerd in to it and spend forever in making it all perfect, leading to ideas dying before they actually...umm...become (but with quite nice sounding drum patterns). I'm looking for ways to reverse my current trend, to actually finish a couple of songs. :)

Consider trying SOTMC for 2016.

• @hellquist also look into beat twirl, still have nightmares of using that app a long time ago as I didn't fair so well, but if memory serves it does drum replacement and it might click for you.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Consider trying SOTMC for 2016.

Umm...Secret Of The Magic Crystals? They must be very magic indeed if they sort out me in finishing songs.
    But I'm hoping SOTMC actually means something else, and that Google just is unhelpful...? :)

• @kobamoto said:
    @hellquist also look into beat twirl, still have nightmares of using that app a long time ago as I didn't fair so well, but if memory serves it does drum replacement and it might click for you.

Thanks for the suggestion, had never heard of it. It might be all fine and good, I shall check it out closer, but last night I managed to get Patterning (midi) into separate channels of Auria, and then use Lyra drums or Drumagog (yeah, got it last night) to replace the sounds. As I can work quite quickly in Patterning I think I should possibly concentrate on that as the main (drum) workflow, with the addition of DrumPerfect Pro when I need even more fine-grained control. To me it looks like Beat Twirl currently will stop me up more than usher me along, with your comment of it making me think it probably will not be my main workflow any time soon. :)