Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Please welcome to the stage..."BETTER THAN EPIC!"

edited December 2015 in Creations

Right guys,this is the moment that nobody's been waiting for!!! :p

Just when you thought that nothing could be better than Adele or better than another crazy Donald Trump rant,or even...better than Star Wars...Three wise men and an angel crank it to 11 and bring the world the gifts of comedy gold,frankly nonsense and of course Grrrrr...of the sexy variety!! ;)

We knew what the world needed,even if you didn't,and that was of course...a bloody good love song about a synthesizer!!! :smiley:

Performing their new single "(bring back my)Synthmaster love," please give a warm round of applause for Audiobus forums own globe-spanning and bran new iOS Super group "BETTER THAN EPIC" B) (feat.eustressor,Toz Bourne,LostBoy85 and Jill Rae)

Comments

• How did you guys get Stewart Copeland to join on guitar?

• Still think the band should be called Ward and the Robes.

Epic effort you people....

• Loved it. That's what we need in this age of O so serious music :)

I would like to see a sequel. Maybe the Beatmaker Blues? :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Loved it. That's what we need in this age of O so serious music :)

I would like to see a sequel. Maybe the Beatmaker Blues? :p

Thank you very much! And I would be totally down with the "Beatmaker Blues" - probably a bit more than Intua would like (stickler for a smooth UI). Probably better to keep things positive. Camel thoroughly earned their line ;)

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Still think the band should be called Ward and the Robes.

Epic effort you people....

Thank you, Mr. Goodyear. That is a mighty fine band name you mentioned. Perhaps a great name for some future collaboration? I've heard rumor you and Mr. Bourne live in close proximity - and neither of you use your real names ;)

• edited December 2015

Yeah! @JohnnyGoodyear, who doesn't use their "real" name for goodness sake?! I come from a very long proud line of "LostBoys"!! :D Thanks for your comments guys,we're chuffed you like the song. :)

• @eustressor

Yeah I can see your point about keeping it positive. I understand that my second idea of a punk song called God Save the Bus, may not go down well either lol :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @eustressor

Yeah I can see your point about keeping it positive. I understand that my second idea of a punk song called God Save the Bus, may not go down well either lol :p

I like both of your ideas, Beatmaker Blues and God Save the Bus, or maybe even...God Save the (Audio)Bus?

• @High5denied -- I messed-up my words yesterday. By demanded, I meant this...this song Your encouragement back in the original post helped to spur me along on this project...so you deserve some thanks as well. Thanks!

• We all wear many coats and go by many names; the public life, the private life, the secret life...

• Great job guys. Any insight on how you pulled it off? I'm throwing in a request for the Bebot Shuffle!

• Nice work, gentlemen (and lady)!

• Hahaha!!! Excellent !! “Camel gave me the toe” ! Heh-hehheh…. Yer killin’ me!

Nice to know there are even bigger lunatics than me out there!

• If iPads had existed in the 80s, there would have been an epic app-rock anthem that went:

It’s the eye of the ti-ger
    It’s the Synthmaster Sky
    Rising up to the challenge of our tab-lets.

• @TozBourne said:
    @High5denied -- I messed-up my words yesterday. By demanded, I meant this...this song Your encouragement back in the original post helped to spur me along on this project...so you deserve some thanks as well. Thanks!

lol.... Glad I could be of help! I will be able to listen in a bit. We are crazy busy at work. Can't wait to check it out. I love the idea of forum members collaborating together to make music. So.....I will demand more of this! ;)

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    If iPads had existed in the 80s, there would have been an epic app-rock anthem that went:

It’s the Synthmaster Sky

LOL -- excellent lyrics!

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Great job guys. Any insight on how you pulled it off?

Thank you! Toz put together a nice blog post about the experience. I'm likely to put something up on my blog as well.

Short answer is: patience, an extension of that same level of respect folks tend to show here on the forum into our collaborative environment, agreeing on the division of labor early on, an occasional beer as needed, lots of Dropbox, lots of Skype and no shortage of goodwill. All high quality people to work with :)

This song and video took over 2 months to complete, from the first "hey, let's do this," to today!

I'm throwing in a request for the Bebot Shuffle!

Careful! HE'LL hear you, and then it's the 72pt. font and then:

:smile:

• I was just going to ask how it all came about. Now I see a link to a blog post about it! Awesome. Thanks.

• Thanks @eustressor. Very cool production guys!

• Funny. Nice work guys...

• Congratulation! Good coproduction with the @soundtestroom ... Wish you well & continue ;)

• @Flo26

BRING BACK MY SYNTHMASTER LOVE
    (written by Foley/Bourne/Bull)

Forgive me father for I have synthed
    Lost in this iOStic labyrinth
    Where the music's sweet as fine Absynth
    Save my soul, I'm gonna run right back and do it again!

Where did you go, love?
    Come back to me, love
    Addicted to VirSyn made me feel outsized
    And Holderness helped my vision to Crystallize
    Then Alchemy put a spell on me, don't you know
    You picked me up and gave me hope again
    After that Camel gave me the toe

I miss you
    Bring back my Synthmaster Love
    I need you
    It's the sound I'm dreaming of
    You carry me high above
    Don't want to ride the 'Bus without you by my side
    No more!

Where did you go, love?
    Come back to me, love
    Kymatic schemes keep my dreams from becoming a mess
    And my Auria will sound like a Pro someday, I guess
    Waldorf attacked, but it was more like a spoon than a knife
    Cyclop's myopic vision showed me
    I need so much more in my life

I miss you
    Bring back my Synthmaster skies
    I need you
    Your soundpacks are reasonably priced
    App addiction is my vice
    You give me every preset I would ever need
    And more

Bring back my Synthmaster love
    I want it back, I want it back (continues)

The keys to my heart are black and white
    Break out the glass in case of urgency
    Let's patch things up, you changed my tune
    And struck a chord with me
    Without Synthmaster to guide me
    I'm lost and can't be found
    Wandering a dischhordant wilderness
    No room to test my sound

And when I get that feeling I need presetual healing

• PS This had nothing to do with me B)

• A huge thank you to everyone for your kind comments about our song.Making music should always be about having fun & we had a blast! I highly recommend collaboration,you learn a lot and it's just great to share the process for a change instead of always relying on yourself...and the crazy voices in your head! :s

• @syrupcore said:
    How did you guys get Stewart Copeland to join on guitar?

Ha, Doug said the same - I'll take it :smile: - Not only my favorite drummer (along with Simon Phillips), but I think Stewart always thought he was the cute one and Sting was just a mighty jawline who could sing ;)

• Simon Philips, total brilliance, and he plays open handed, just like me, not that I'm on the same planet as Simon Philips

• Very nice! That really is better than epic! Great job guys and gal!

• I agree with Leo - this really was a "by forum members, for forum members" adventure, and I'm really grateful for the support and goodwill we've experienced here and abroad on the net the past few days. Thank you, everyone!

Collaborating with this lot was great fun. We developed personas, conducted interviews, and really just had a good time with the absurdity of it all. One thing to know about @LostBoy85, he's a great guy, I'd name my next child after him, he's THAT solid. He just has a habit of firing people left and right. But he also has ADD, so he quickly forgets he fired you and just keeps right on talking and laying out plans inside a minute. Generally an upbeat and funny guy, with great vocal talent and tremendous positive energy.

You just have to get used to his idea of problem solving, which is sacking whomever is nearest when he hears bad news. I think he fired me 6 times during a single Skype session. And probably Toz 2 or 3 times more to boot!

And he wasn't even in charge of the band ;)

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    If iPads had existed in the 80s, there would have been an epic app-rock anthem that went:

It’s the Synthmaster Sky

Careful, those kinds of lyrics could get you drafted for a future Epic adventure ... I scooped up Toz by yelling "COLLAB!" like a teenager calling shotgun, and he just tossed out a song title ;)

Incidentally, "Eye of the Tiger" was the first song I ever performed live as a guitarist.

• Eye of the tiger was the song I lost my virginity to!!! Hahahaha! Just kiddin'!!

Hey,who the hell is Simon Phillips (I know I'm gonna immediately regret that question) if he's that good I have no problem firing our drummer!! ;D

• @LostBoy85 Simon Phillips filled in for Keith Moon on the Who's Tommy Reunion Tour in 1989 - and Keith Moon would have been not only proud, but a little jealous. Simon can flat out tear up a drum kit like no one else I've heard or seen.

Session player, was Pete Townsend's go to drummer throughout the 80s, played on Judas Priest's excellent "Sin After Sin" album when he was still a teenager ... Wanted to tour w/ the band, but had to finish school, I think :)