Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synth + Delay with Tap Tempo?

Hi
Any recommendations for simple synths that do "bleeps" with abilty to have a tap-tempo controlled delay (plus some reverb, if possible)?

The purpose would be for Reggae/Dub played live - hence the tap tempo.

Lot of Apps are very close -

iSEM sounds great (of course) and has a cool delay, but I can't figure out how to sync it by tapping a tempo..

Aux:Dub is fantastic, and does have Tap tempo, but isn't yet MIDI assignable.

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

thx

roy

Comments

• Magellan and Nanostudio both have tap tempo for the global tempo and the ability to sync the delays to tempo.

Actually, iSEM is set up the same way. Tap "Connect" up top, touch tempo, tap on the Tap pad and set Sync switch on FX->Delay to On.

• Cassini has a tap tempo button, does great (analog sounding) bleeps and it's got an excellent arpeggiator as well.

• @RUncELL said:
    Cassini has a tap tempo button, does great (analog sounding) bleeps and it's got an excellent arpeggiator as well.

Nice one. It has all of that and the best sounding delay on iOS.

• Hi Guys

Thanks for the suggestions, indeed iSEM does have a tap tempo (didn't realize that) and Cassini is pretty cool.

Unfortunately, the Tap buttion is not MIDI assignable for either of those synths (as far as I can tell, maybe I'm wrong).

Tap Delay is cool, and it's Tap button is MIDI assignable, so thanks for mentioning that too. I'll try Nanosynth next.

• Loopy has midi controllable tap tempo and a solid clock. You can set a controller to send to loopy and then set your synth or delay app to get clock from Loopy.

Funkbox may also have MIDI controllable tap tempo, can't remember.

• Hey Guys

3.5 years later, still struggling with this, i.e., any existing synth/ROMplers that have a MIDI-assignable tap tempo delay?

I can sort of get there using Loopy as the “master clock”, then a sound source/synth run in AUM, then processed through a Delay app, but that ends up being 4 apps versus potentially 1.
    Seems rather cumbersome.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Roy

• Perhaps I’m misunderstanding but couldn’t you load everything in Audiobus and use its tap tempo functionality? Then midi learn that function via the IAP?

• @roygbiv said:
    Hey Guys

3.5 years later, still struggling with this, i.e., any existing synth/ROMplers that have a MIDI-assignable tap tempo delay?

I can sort of get there using Loopy as the “master clock”, then a sound source/synth run in AUM, then processed through a Delay app, but that ends up being 4 apps versus potentially 1.
    Seems rather cumbersome.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Roy

Many delays give an option to take tempo from the clock. And synths.

AUM has tap tempo. AB does. So plugins that can follow tempo can be set follow the host.

• Sorry I wasn’t more clear.

I’m specifically looking for a delay that has MIDI assignable Tap Tempo (i.e., so I can assign it to a button on my hardware controller to tap in the tempo).

I know that many delays, etc. have a Tap Temp function, but the only delay I know about that will let you “MIDI Learn” the Tap Tempo button is Tap Delay.

Ideally, I would like to find a Synth/Sound source that has a built-in Delay, so I can avoid a relatively complex routing process involving multiple apps.

The use is for Live Gigs, in a Reggae/Jazz context. In the middle of a Jam, I don’t have time (or brain space) to locate a tiny Tap Tempo virtual buttons on a glass screen and then carefully tap in a tempo - I just want to bang on a button to get in the groove, then hit a keyboard to produce a blip sound.

• UPDATE
    Wow, thanks onkey, I did not realize Audiobus 3 enabled MIDI assignable Tap Tempo! This might be the ticket I need! (I don’t think AUM does, at least I could not figure it out).