Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Funk Drummer by Luis Martinez

Comments

• edited December 2015
    @Janie said:

I'm definitely on board with King747 about wanting midi files if that's practical. 

Would be the real deal. @LuisMartinez hasnt mentioned anything about it. Maybe it will be a Great Sur-Prize! ;)

All is well. 

:sunglasses: 
  • Luis, I have a suggestion to your already great apps - it would wonderful to have an Intensity slider so that you could have passages of gentler, quieter drums and louder, busier ones. The slider coukd affect the drums velocity/loudness and how busy the pattern is, and maybe even substitute sounds so that the snare was replaced with a sudestick for low intensities. I don't know how possible this would be, but hope it provides some food for thought - keep up the great work!
  • ^^^ just what I would love too. Great idea.

• @LuisMartinez

@Fitz I have it in mind ... maybe next year

Thanks Luis, looking forward to it. Your apps are getting better every time!

• sample import would be the bees knees!
  • I'd like a jazz/brushes drum machine
  • @yowza said:
    I'd like a jazz/brushes drum machine
    me too and if we had sample import we could have whatever kind we want 
  • @yowza said:
    +1
    And while we're at it: Dub/Reggae drum machine, hip hop, jungle/d&b etc. would be great as well. Preferably not all in separate apps though so one could combine and mix between styles.
  • @kobamoto said:
    @yowza said:
    Yes that would work but that's not my workflow because I have no interest importing samples etc. I'd rather spend my limited time actually trying to create some music. It would be a nice feature but I doubt I would use it.

• @yowza said:
    @kobamoto said:
    @yowza said:
    Yes that would work but that's not my workflow because I have no interest importing samples etc. I'd rather spend my limited time actually trying to create some music. It would be a nice feature but I doubt I would use it.

it would also limit Luis's income from new drum machines.
  • Maybe he could create a version that allowed for sample import and also have IAPs for downloading that give you more kits and different styles which you could mix and match.
  • @LuisMartinez: can you please clarify how you switch rhythms sending MIDI CC #32?

I set this up using MIDI Designer. I have three rhythms set up in Favorites in Funk Drummer. Sending CC #32 seems to reset to the first rhythm, if not already selected, then nothing else happens.
  • I'm confused. Does this have MIDI out of any kind? 
  • I'm confused. Does this have MIDI out of any kind? 
    I just looked and it appears to only have MIDI in at the moment. Earlier in this thread it was reported that it syncs very well but I haven't tried that yet. It looks like it will only be the slave.
  • @yowza said:

I second that desire.

• Thanks for the reply @LuisMartinez ; That just might work!
    Hey folks, Two questions, first of all, in rock or funk drummer, are there any less intense sounds, or can we drop the velocity on the samples? I'm not going to ask for "ballad" drum machine, or "soft rock drum machine." :)

Also, the inevitable question if you've seen me around. :)  Would someone who has purchased this be willing to give it a go with VoiceOver the IOS screen reader for blind folks?
    Quick instructions:
    Settings > General > accessibility > turn on the accessibility shortcut key for VoiceOver. then go in to Rock Drum Machine, or Funk Drum machine and tripple tap home. This will turn on voiceOver. then, just touch the controls. do they say anything useful or meaningful, or do they just say "button" or, worse yet, nothing at all?
    To turn VO off, just tripple tap home.

I'd really appreciate it.

thanks guys!

• Haven't bought this yet Rusty, but hopefully someone will give it a go for you. I do like/second your idea of a ballad machine....either to use as a standalone with my more miserable output (most of it :)) or to use as a base to add other stuff into the spaces....
  • Actually, I've answered my own question about accessibility. there are light versions so I downloaded and tasted. It actually works GREAT with VoiceOver. I'm overly tempted. I'm a bit too quiet playing with the iPad over here and my wife is asking questions. :)
    @LuisMartinez ; Hopefully we can have options for more, um, how can I put this elegantly, some "restrained, tasteful," drumming. :) I'm thinking Beatles, Eagles, U2 sting and the Police, Tom Petty, "adult rock?" Boy, I'm realy striking out here sounding like an old fuddy duddy. :)

I do a solo one-man-band kind of thing live. acoustic guitar, octaver, looper, and so some more muted, background quietish, but not too quiet, drumming works GREAT with what I do.

Also, @LuisMartinez ;  I could see myself using styles from several of your apps, even the Latin styles. I wonder if you've considered selling some sort of feature where you could seemlessly integrate styles from several apps in to one experience. If I want a Latin style next to a rockish style, it might be time consuming to have to flip through apps.
    Just a thought for the future. :)

• edited December 2015
    Thanks for the reply @LuisMartinez ; That just might work!
    Hey folks, Two questions, first of all, in rock or funk drummer, are there any less intense sounds, or can we drop the velocity on the samples? I'm not going to ask for "ballad" drum machine, or "soft rock drum machine." :)

Also, the inevitable question if you've seen me around. :)  Would someone who has purchased this be willing to give it a go with VoiceOver the IOS screen reader for blind folks?
    Quick instructions:
    Settings > General > accessibility > turn on the accessibility shortcut key for VoiceOver. then go in to Rock Drum Machine, or Funk Drum machine and tripple tap home. This will turn on voiceOver. then, just touch the controls. do they say anything useful or meaningful, or do they just say "button" or, worse yet, nothing at all?
    To turn VO off, just tripple tap home.

I'd really appreciate it.

thanks guys!

Hey @RustyPerez,

I just checked the voice over in Funk Drummer. All the buttons are working. Voice description and double tap to use. 

:)
  • @PhilW's intensity slider idea is brilliant and sorta fits right in with the fill slider.

• I would also love to have an auto song creator. You know based on intro, verse, chorus, bridge, ending
    ...something to give me an idea....with dice to mix it up....just wishing... :p

• @mgmg4871 said:
    @yowza said:
    @kobamoto said:
    @yowza said:

it would also limit Luis's income from new drum machines.
    how so, sample import is nothing akin to louis's layering/triggering techniques which is what his apps are really selling?
  • ah ffs nevermind.
  • I kindof wish he would go the rout of one drum machine, and many IAPs with new styles patterns and samples. It would seem to make more sense to keep one app engine updated with cool features, and sell new content.
    Yes, importing samples would be nice, but honestly, it might just be easier for most of us to buy an iap of some nicely sampled and taylored sounds.

@Tones4Christ A quick song creator would be nice, or a song template system.

I've gotta go read the manual and figure out the midi stuff so I can control these apps with my feet.
    I wish that one app would give me all the great styles that his whole bunch of apps have. :)

• So, I'd really like to see features in these for live play and midi triggering of patterns.
    What I'd really like to do with an app like this or Rock Drummer is select a few loops for a song, one for an intro (one-shot) one for an A section (looping) fill in to
    B section (looping) ETC.
    ETC. and be able to trigger each of these sections via midi.

Does either this or RD offer that functionality?

If not, then feature request, or new app request.
    @LuisMartinez.

Several have mentioned this, but the first person to develop a drum app that can be triggered and looped in this fashion will, I believe, have a winner on their hands. there are pedals that sell for hundreds that do this.

People are probably getting sick of this request. :)

@LuisMartinez There was some discussion about this feature in particular in another thread you might be interested in. https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/10290/drum-app-for-live-use-with-pedals
  • I'd very happily pay for a multi-channel-out IAP. 
    +1000

I think the cleanest way (for me anyway) would be to export the stems to Dropbox, like Gadget does, then it's a simple 1 step process to bring it all into Auria.
    +1001 - I have already been burned mixing down a stereo drum track - it's not always a breeze going back into the source app and readjusting, because sometimes there is a bit of knee-jerk overreaction and you end up with an even worse stereo mix. I prefer keeping options open. One big mystery for me, though ...

How do you control/assign that optional cymbal as a track, since it doesn't occur in the actual sequencer ... I imagine it can be done, but really, how would it? I would prefer a few more lanes to allow for control of the cymbal rather than leaving it to the fill automation, myself. Again, prior experience with what seemed a great stereo mix down at the time - then once everything else is added, it's like, "Where the hell did my crashes go?"

I occasionally enjoy the challenge of working with a stereo drum track only - you really have to know your stuff to truly future proof it if you have a number of melodic instruments you'll be laying on top of it - but on a more fundamental level, I simply distrust the constraint. I'm a tweaker. I'm almost always going to want to tweak something later.

Any chance these excellent apps will get stems AND a separate crash track, we wondersss?

• Yes, importing samples would be nice, but honestly, it might just be easier for most of us to buy an iap of some nicely sampled and taylored sounds.

this is my point, sample import would interfere with this in no way what so ever because what he sells is tailored sounds and patterns just like you said.... sample import has nothing to do with that, doesn't stop beat hawk sales, doesn't stop impc pro sample pack sales so............. :/
  • I for one am way too lazy to ever multisample a drum kit w/ different velocities and such so I'm all for IAPs. 

Do some of the toms/fills come in way too loud for you guys? I had to bring the levels way down on whatever kit/style i was using an hour ago. Other ones I tried didnt have that big disparity. 
  • I tried midi out with Poseidon running an Arp...worked really nice and kept the sync quite nicely.