Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Theme Song In Search Of A 70s TV Detective Show

edited July 2013 in Creations

Thought I'd post the results of my first Cubasis project. It's an instrumental in case you're an anti-instrumental type person. Feel free to comment. I'm just a self taught, living room musician so don't expect a Grammy winner.

Apps used: Cubasis, Drum Loops HD, iLectric Piano, iGrand Piano, AmpKitPlus, Galileo and Nave.

This was strictly a headphones project. I listened to the mixdown on four different pairs and it sounded too bassy on one and too trebly on another. I figured I'd split the difference and leave it alone.

Comments

• I like it..and it is very 70's..and the mix pretty good...the wah effected piano, if it is a piano could be a little quieter and the drums a touch louder..other than that it's OK..track moves along at a nice pace and has a good soundtrack feel to it..

• Thanks. I had lowered the wah clavinet's volume a couple of times already in the past week and was debating dropping it another decibel or two but didn't. Pretty much the same thing with the drums. I finally made the "this is it" decision or I'd be tweaking this thing for the next month.

While I'm here, another minor quibble I have with Cubasis is its lack of level markers on its meters. I don't know why something so visually basic isn't there. It made using the built in compressor more difficult than need be.