Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Funk Drummer by Luis Martinez

Hey, I just saw there's a new app by Rock Drum Machine dev Luis Martinez.
Looks very nice but I have to wait a bit before I can get it.

Comments

• No AB ... IAA only it seems. Looks interesting

• i think this may be good, awaiting Sir Douglas' vid
  • It says audiobus in the video. Nice one. Maybe I can have the rim shot and sidestick now ;)

• It also says round robin samples. I'm buying this one, no doubt.

• Wait this one has MIDI sync!!!

hope hope hope his other apps get updated with the same!
  • Buy it, it's fantastic. Great grooves in this, I look forward to practicing bass with this.

• @mrufino1 said:

Buy it, it's fantastic. Great grooves in this, I look forward to practicing bass with this.

You mean that even though you're already a bass player you still need to practice? Puts me right off...
  • Boy do I wish it wasnt true! Sadly I need lots of practice.

• @CalCutta said:
    Wait this one has MIDI sync!!!

hope hope hope his other apps get updated with the same!
    That's very cool...  Now I need to find out what this midi sync is all about.  I hope he can get the IAA working better on Rock Drum.  It works well, I just have no Auria or other app that shows up on the Rock Drum app screen to control Auria with.  
  • This is great news! I downloaded lite versions of the other apps and left reviews. I really also hope all his apps get the midi sync. I will definitely be buying this new app. I tried also the lite version of the AfroLatin drummer and it really sounds amazing! 

If anyone gets a chance to try it with Cubasis please let us know, thanks!
  • @Tones4Christ, So far, the MIDI Sync works good with Cubasis IAA. I haven't tested with AB yet; will do so later.
  • Damn it ,  too many great apps being released at once.  At this rate I will need to put rocks in my wallet to keep it from floating away!
  • How do I do that?  Is there a medication available?
  • I gave the wife my puppy dog eyed look and got Cyclop, Egoist, TC11, TC data and a few more in the sales.....this will have to wait lol
  • edited December 2015
    Always remember to keep an eye out.  I should have heeded this advice more than likely.
  • MIDI Sync appears to be working with the AudioBus workflow with Cubasis. Funk Drummer sees the virtual MIDI Clock output from Cubasis; independent from AudioBus.
  • I gave the wife my puppy dog eyed look and got Cyclop, Egoist, TC11, TC data and a few more in the sales.....this will have to wait lol
    Yeah, timing is all, this one is going to have to sit on the unlit burner for a little while...
  • This is awesome news!!!!
    Thanks for reporting back on sync.

Yeah, timing is all, this one is going to have to sit on the unlit burner for a little while...
    Wonder if this time of year is a good time to release new apps, or not?
  • This should not sit on the backburner, great great app. I hope he brings the sane features to rock drum machine. It made practicing arpeggios and plucking hand stuff quite fun just now. Time went by too fast, now I'm late for work...

• @mrufino1 said:

This should not sit on the backburner, great great app. I hope he brings the sane features to rock drum machine. It made practicing arpeggios and plucking hand stuff quite fun just now. Time went by too fast, now I'm late for work...

Oh orlright....guess baby can just go without new shoes for one more week..
  • Yeah, this app has so much potential...
    I was thinking of emailing Luis and give him the idea of creating Virtual Drummer profiles. Like say for example Phil Collins, Animal, and others and maybe sell them as IAP to make extra cash for continued development. I think this would be a great option to have. What do you guys think?

• He nailed the swing implementation of this app. I didn't immediately notice the slider. Because the app's called "Funk Drummer", there's an inherent sense of swing with a lot of the beats already, but the slider adds a nice subtle and really grooving swing. 
  • If the slider is all the way to the left
    Will it be more like traditional beat? Hope it makes sense.

• Totally makes sense, and it will be a bit more rigid. However, as it's an app designed to make funk rhythms, it never gets extremely rigid (if you want that, his app Rock Drum Machine is the way to go). The app definitely has a naturally "loose" feel to it, but the swing slider gives a nice extra bit of control on just how loose.
  • I think it should be possible to set it to totally straight for when you want no swing or looseness at all. Isn't that possible now?
  • Can someone post some samples at the very lowest end of the slider and at the highest?
    I don't mind some looseness as its more human like anyway, but just wondered.

• There's not going to be a lot of funk beats that will be totally without swing or looseness, defeats the purpose. I'm sure there are a few beats that are a bit more rigid in this app (thinking the Disco Funk beats, specifically), but yeah, I wouldn't count on many... :)

If you want something more rigid, I'd go with this same dev's "Rock Drum Machine" app. 
  • I'm looking forward to Doug's review.