Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mute inputs

Hi,
I use an iconnect audio 4 plus interface and have set up individual routings/pipelines for every of the 4 inputs. What I would like to do is simply mute and unmute these inputs by pressing the picture of the actual input in the audiobus overview. For now I always have to eject the input to mute it. Muted inputs could then be greyed out.

Thanks so much.
Grüße aus Erfurt ;)
Andre.

Comments

• Thx Calcutta. I have Mimix, but it can not mute inputs, only complete pipelines.
    Andre.

• You could set each input on its own pipeline to MiMix and that will give you the solution you want.

• Sorry, this still not works how I want. I want to route audio to samplr and when I am done, mute the input. So if I set up two pipelines with the same input, one routed to mimix and one to samplr, if I mute it in mimix, its still hearable through the pipe set so samplr. I also tried routing the input to mimix and then route mimix to samplr, but this does not work. So why not use the unused input picture to mute unmute an input?

• Not sure why this setup wouldn't work for you:

1. Run each audio channel independently as its own pipeline input in Audiobus, with MiMix as the output for each of these pipeline.

2. Run another pipeline with MiMix as input, Samplr as output.

3. Setup MIDI Learn on the Mutes for each input channel in MiMix so you can Mute/Unmute what you need via-MIDI trigger.

• n13n13
    edited October 2015

Now I tried it again and it worked. Pretty cool. Thx.

• edited November 2015

It works but add some latency, so it's unplayable live...OMHO.

As a workaround, if all your inputs are some midi synth, using an external midi controler, then set volumes to each pad...
    If you have mics, having a mixtable with mutes. (but you'll loose separate inputs...)
    Simpliest solution (for us of course) midi in AB...