Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Swing function for StepSequencer/Arpeggiator with synth sounds

Swing function for StepSequencer/Arpeggiator with synth sounds

I am on the look for an iOS synth/arp/stepseq with a swing feature, not for drums - plenty of those around, so far this is what I have :

• Virsyn Addictive synth + microTera : awesome features, including swing, but a serious bug in midi timing as a recorded sequence longer than 16 bars will start to be off sync, making a live pass of an arp with real time tweaking impossible to use further with well-timed loops ( contacted them about it )

• Little Midi and B-step : both nice...but no swing

• Promidi : also great, very familiar look/flow to those working in Logic, Cubase but no swing

• Arpeggionome : original, but no swing

• Korg iPolysix : love this app for it's selfcontained full feature richness and it's limitations, has swing, but not applicable to external synth sounds

• Nanostudio : has swing and external midi but no arpeggiator

• Magellan : like this one a lot, great sound, has swing arpeggiator, but not the easiest/fastest to work with

Synth apps I would like to swing-arpeggiate with other stepseq/arpeggiator app :

• Sunrizer
  • Animoog
  • Arturia iSem
  • Thumbjam
  • Sylo Synth
  • Korg iM1
  • FM4

Might StepPolyArp be what I am looking for?

I already posted some time ago about the general catastrophic state of affairs regarding interapp/audiobus midi sync and don't want to pay for another app that is almost there, or works well on its own but not with others

Thanks

Nico

Comments