Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Voxkit is now on the bus!

UPDATE 2013/01/14

Voxkit 1.2 is now available, still with Audiobus support, but the crash-and-burn has been fixed. Sorry about the glitch, folks -- brain failure on my part. Please let me know if you spot any problems or have questions!

Many thanks to the folks at Apple who turned around the review quickly, and were helpful in general.

Voxkit 1.1, with Audiobus support, was just released (and it should grind through the Apple servers in the next few hours).
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/voxkit!/id539347505?mt=8
It's a sound-triggered drum controller -- you can trigger drum samples by clapping your hands, beat boxing, and so on. It sends audio through Audiobus, or you can use it to trigger drum samples from other apps with MIDI.

There's a YouTube video so that you can see what it does.

Let us know if you've got any questions!

Comments

• I love this app. I also love your Spectral Eye app. Thank you for them both. I've never used Midi Control, but I enjoy your guys' stuff enough that I'll likely give it a try.

• congrats

• It sounds really great! A question before the purchase: can the app convert the sound volume in midi velocity values? Can you confirm me that please?

• From the app description on the store:

"➤Break Free!
    By listening to external sounds, rather than just the touch on a screen, Voxkit can capture the subtle velocity and rhythm variations of real drumming. The sound interface also allows Voxkit to react quickly, making the app more responsive and expressive."

• Great!!! Many thanks for the info. The app description was not complete the las time i've read it.....

• NOTE -- HEADS UP -- Something odd happening with the version downloaded from the App store -- it's not detecting audio input, and has been crashing.

Hold off on purchasing -- we're chasing this down now.

• @manuhz no problem! It was pretty far down the description anyhow so it was easy to miss. No go bang on some stuff!

• @manuhz or dont! I guess I left my tab open too long, didn't see the SBD warning!

• Edited the top post with the warning. I think we've got an idea of what's happening, and should be able to fix shortly. Looks like a timing bug with when a few buffers get set up....

• I had forgotten that I already own this app. When it popped up on my update list I thought, "What the heck is that?" I bought this when it very first came out because the principal behind how it functions is ideal for a non-drummer like me who doesn't like x0x style programming of beats. Unfortunately I was never able to get anything useful out of the app. Once the bug gets worked out I look forward to giving this app a second chance.

• @SecretBaseDesign Ok, waiting now for a fix update.

Another question: will we see soon your another app "audio midi" in the bus....?
    Yesterday night i've purchased it and i am in love with it :)))) it is simply amazing!!!

• Don't forget to ask for an expedited review. Good luck!

• Thanks all -- up and going now!